1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - Hydrocodone + Xanax?

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by Roll1N, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Roll1N

Roll1N

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM just got a hold of some yellow bars and the 10/325 yellow norcos. He has a pretty good tolerence for hydrocodone, not so much the xanax. He's wondering if it's better to take them seperate or combine them? He absolutley loves the hydrocodone but will the xanax make it better or worse? people with experience only please.

2. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    For sure you want to take these two substances separately, about 4 to 6 hours apart. These are both CNS depressants and not in any way a good thing to try at the same time.

3. chibi curmudgeon

chibi curmudgeon Gold Finger Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    That's a pretty common combination, and can be awesome if you're tolerant enough to both drugs to stay conscious. "Start low and go slow," as with any first time experience.

4. Roll1N

Roll1N

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Hm, someone is saying that it is dangerous, and someone else is saying it's a pretty common combination? More details please.

5. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    It is a common combination. It's up to the person to chance it. Personally I was prescribed both and told to take them separately because of them both being CNS depressants. While some people take both at the same time and don't die, safety is that you take them apart. In small (and I mean small amounts) there would be no lethal harm as a rule, but it's always a risk. When I have taken them within the same 3 hours, the xanax killed the hydrocodone buzz because I fell asleep, which is why the other poster said something about staying conscious.

Personally, never got anything euphoric off of alaprozam just the hydrocodone.

6. Roll1N

Roll1N

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Yeah I just did a little bit more research, no point to risk anything, I'll let swim know taking them seperatley would be the better option.

7. Ontario

Ontario Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o Male from Canada
    EXACTLY the same concept as a speedball, its real common but doesnt REALLY mean its safe.

Will you most likely die, I would say no but that doesnt mean run around trying all sorts of crazy shit. Its ultimately up to you, SWIM would/has done it.

Start small and go slow.

8. Roll1N

Roll1N

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    It's like the total opposite of a speedball though right? Because both xanax and vicodin and downers...speedball usually contains a powerful opiate and a powerful stimulant (upper). How does this combination compare to a speedball?

Roll1N added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

*are both downers*

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  9. Roll1N

Roll1N

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    One more question...is it better to pop the xanax first or the hydrocodone first for SWIM?

10. mule55

mule55 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM took two 10/500 hydrocodone (any more than two and the liver gets fucked all though it can be fun) and has tried between 4 and 10 mgs of Xanax SWIM has a high tolerance and weighs 400 pounds the experience was very enjoyable but SWIM was only able to stay conscious when taking under 5 mgs over that SWIM had an even better feeling but could only stay conscious for between 1-3 hours. SWIM would recommend taking the max dosage of hydrocodone staying under 1 gram of acetaminophen and under 5 mgs of Xanax with a high tolerance or under 2 mgs with a low tolerance for someone that has never tried either SWIM recommends trying between 10 and 15 mgs of hydrocodone and .5 to 1 mg of Xanax.

11. Torgeist

Torgeist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    Mixing benzo's with opiates is really a waste, aside from the dangerous CNS despressanteffects. The benzo's are likely to simply overpower the opiate high and just have you nodding off, which i personally don't find very fun. Just safe the xanax for a rainy day, combining them is a waste. if you really must, use a very low dose of xanax, just to potentiate the opiate buzz (but again, i don't really see the point - just safe the xanax and have a nice buzz twice).

12. Ontario

Ontario Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o Male from Canada
    No, I meant its similar in like the same saftey esence as a speedball. It isnt safe at all and shouldnt be done, but many people do it quite a bit and are fine.

13. Roll1N

Roll1N

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I'm gonna have to kind of disagree with you on that one. Sure, you can call it the same concept. But, to me, both hydrocodone and xanax are both safer than either heroin and coke. Even combining hydro and xanax are safer than doing coke or heroin alone, just my opinion though. I always trust pharmacuticals anyways.

14. hookedonhelping

hookedonhelping Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I just want to chime in here, as the second post in this thread needs to be taken with a grain of salt.. I have been on both of these medications for some time and take them together, day after day after day, 3x a day.

In some medical circles, it is believed that the combination of xanax and acetominophen produce a analgesic effect when combined. I can say for sure, that there is the slightest truth in this, though so miniscule, it's mention is hardly worth the calories it took me to type this.

15. Him-jo

Him-jo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Washington, U.S.A.
    A FOAF has had several experiances with combining xanax and pain meds. He weighs about 150 Lbs.

#1. He was taking 3 mg of xanax daily, hurt his back and the DR. prescribed 5 mg hydrocodone/325 3X day for pain. He was told that both could be taken, but they needed to be spaced at least 3 hours between doses. No noticeable change could be felt with 3 hours between doses.

#2. Xanax 3 mg daily and several different opiates taken at same time as 1 mg xanax tab. Generally xanax put him into a very deep sleep (OD??) before opiates could take effect, and he slept through the opiate buzz. He felt "ripped off" due to combining the meds. Some of the doses were... 30-45 mg of hydrocodone, 8-24 mg dilaudid and a few others.

16. Head1174

Head1174 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    You wont feel the hydro condone for sure. Xanax kills all buzzes

17. Ontario

Ontario Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o Male from Canada
    Whoops, I see I allready stated what was in my post earlier...bad memory, sorry.

Ontario added 2 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Yes man, your right.

I was saying....speedballs are dangerous but people do them. the combination you stated is dangerous but people still do it. That is where the similarities end, my friend.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  18. mistman

mistman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    This can be a very deadly combo indeed. It contains two of the three parts of the "Houston Cocktail", which is made up of alprazolam, hydrocodone, and carisoprodol. A lot of people have OD'ed on this. Usually taking higher than prescribed dosages.

Last edited: May 25, 2012