Hydromorphone question

Discussion in 'Hydromorphone' started by cartouche, Jan 27, 2007.

1. cartouche

cartouche Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I dont know someone who has 90 6mg Hydromorph Contin capsules and 100 Dilaudid 1mg. wut can be done with them? the Hydromorph contin capsules have little beads inside em. and the shell is pink.
    thankyou.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2007
  2. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Re: Morphine question

From the rules:

• Use descriptive Topic Subject. This will help others find what they want to read. Topics with bad Topic subjects may be deleted! - there's nothing more annoying than looking at all those stupid "A stupid question" subject lines. I mean, I'm damn lazy, but how hard is it to type "A stupid question about (insert something here)"? As a rule of thumb, most thread titles should include the full name of the drug discussed.

Please use the correct name, hydromorphon and dilaudid aren't morphine, this thread is also posted in the wrong section.
    Also, discussing prices is not allowed, please read the rules. Thank you and welcome.

3. cartouche

cartouche Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Morphine question

Im sorry i posted in the wrong section, can you move it? and hydromorph contin is what it says on the pill. i was guessing that it is morphine

thanks

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    The beads could probably be crushed and insufflated or reinserted into the gelcap and eaten, and the other tablets, the 1 mg instant release, could probably just be taken orally or snorted. Just be careful with the dosage though, 6 mg can be a lot for someone with no tolerance. Start with 2 mg.

5. cartouche

cartouche Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if I was to insufflate 6mg of hydromorph contin would that be too high for a first timer? I dont think hes gonna do it, hes just gonna flush em. he doesnt wanna die. the word on the street is that they are too strong

6. Son of Axeman

Son of Axeman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    All opiates are potentially life-threatenning, but in controlled doses, with advice by veteran opiheads, you're in good hands, so long as your judgement remins clear.

Not to insinuate that I'm any kind of experienced, but I would take SWIforthesevenlakes' advice. Start with 2 mg oral or insuffilated, and guage you's reaction. If, by some freak of tolerance, You thinks he can take more, take another .5 mg at H+1:30. As long as you're careful, you should be fine.

Also, don't make it a habit. Dosing every day will lead to addiction, so take it easy, and use it as an infrequent treat for yourself. Opiates can be fun, but they can also be destructive. Be careful out there, and happy popping.

7. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    The above advice sounds fine. Attempt 2 mg hydromorphone for starters, bearing in mind some (including SWIM) find them opiates which don't represent the majority of drugs in their class. Take 0.5-1 mg at 90 min if You feels nothing.

8. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    98 y/o
    Those hydromorphone contins (pallidons) were recently recalled in the US and Canada due to the time release busting in patients that were consuming alchol. Hrmm... Alchol busting the time release. Well isn't that interesting?!

9. cartouche

cartouche Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Found some info on the internet: 6 mg: Each pink, controlled release capsule, imprinted with the letters PF and HYDROMORPH CONTIN, and the strength 6 mg, contains: hydromorphone HCl 6 mg. Nonmedicinal ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, dibutyl sebacate, ethyl cellulose, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, magnesium stearate and microcrystalline cellulose. Would SWIM be able to IV them for his first time? Will there be alot of garbage left? and concerning the previous post, I dont think its palladone, but what would be an effective way to dose dump?

10. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    6 mg for someone with no opioid tolerance would be way too much with IV. Plus, since the capsules are controlled release, there is going to be a LOT of garbage left over which youou wouldnt want to put into the veins. I would say to go with rectal administration if he doesnt want to eat the pills, IVing controlled release pills is a difficult task which can not necessarily be done safely. If You insists on IVing, make sure to have an excellent filter to get all the binders and crap out, I dont think a cotton ball would be sufficient for this task.