1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Hydroxyzine to potentiate Heroin

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Nahbus, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Hello. SWIM is a newbie when it comes to heroin, but has experience with all types of opiates. His best friend on the other hand is very experienced, and has only ever shot heroin, had a pretty nasty habit, but is doing well with it recently.
    Anyway, I read that Hydroxyzine potentiates opiates, so we decided to take 50-100mg AFTER a heroin dose (and before another one).
    Anyway, after about an hour, as the heroin seemed to be wearing down a bit, it would kick back up tremendously, to the point of almost nodding out. SWIMs friend was astounded at this effect, and was quite surprised at how much it seemed to bring back the dope high/potentiate it.
    They also smoked weed, which really fucked SWIM up in a good way, he felt VERY blissful, after he thought the heroin high had left him.

Now, SWIM knows taking hydroxyzine about 30-45 mins BEFORE an opiate dose is said to potentiate the effect (up to 2x), but has anyone had experience with taking it AFTER?

It absolutely had an effect, and SWIM would understand if was a placebo for him, esp with smoking weed, but for his friend, who was skeptical about it anyway... god damn!

Anyway, SWIM just got another script for hydroxyzine, so there will be many more tests with it.

What are your opinions on hydroxyzine and heroin?

2. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Have you heard of any more trials with hydroxyzine & opiates? SIK mentioned this combination, but it sounds like another instance of "take a sleep-inducing medication to increase the nod at the expense of the euphoria" type thing, like benzos. SIK is all for making opiates work better, but making oneself tired isn't the way SIK prefers to do it. ;)

SIK is pretty sensitive to sedating medications like whatever's in Benedryl and promethezine and benzos - .125mg of lorezapam sedates SIK.

Thanks in advance,

~Kailey

3. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, hydroxyzine has been known to potentiate opiates, and is sometimes used for heroin withdrawls in clinical settings.

SWIM has yet to try any further experiments.

4. RoboCodeine7610

RoboCodeine7610 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Has anyone gathered any info on this subject?Is hydroxizine a true opiate potentiator?

Robo

5. Emin

Emin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, I was prescribed hydroxyzine a few months ago and after they didn't help my anxiety, I threw them aside. I heard about them potentiating opiates so I gave them to a friend who is really experienced with Oxycontin. He has been using Oxy for about six months to a year. He said that it definately made it more intense, maybe even twice the euphoria.

6. Nanashi

Nanashi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah it is legit. I used to take them for anxiety.
    On the package it says one of the uses is to potentate opiates.
    Using them with hydrocodone makes the high last a lot longer.
    It makes one get more of a bigger body high too

7. RoboCodeine7610

Reputation Points:
    Is the mechanism known?Robo's guessing they don't just increase the nod.

Robo

8. sm0k3d

sm0k3d Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dxm was the best potentator when I used to use. Like 40mg about an hour before would increase everything 2 or 3 times normal.

9. &rew

&rew

Reputation Points:
    According to drug information paper by Moscow Scientific Research Institute of First Aid, Hydroxyzine is m-cholino- and h1-histamine antogonist. Both of this properties potentiate opioids/ates, h1-antogonist adds more euphoria then buzz, m-cholino-antogonist mostly potentiate buzz.

From same paper: m-cholino effect starts usual 10-45 mins after taken oraly, depends on form, antihistamine effects starts 1 hour after... For faster effect it is recomended to inject 50-100 mg deep IM. Preanesthetic medication dose 50-200 mg, therapeutic dose... psychiatry dose... bla-bla-bla... Aha! Interaction with other drugs: potentiating... opioid analgetics, BDs... Examples: when taken with Hydroxyzine doses of those drugs should be reduced by 50%: ...codeine, morphine, fentanyl (and long list of opiods)... cos of possibility of heart and breaze stopping... Ketamine dose also should be reduced. Same for phenobarbital, clonazepam (and long list of BDs).

&rew added 41 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Preanesthetic medication dose -- recomended dose for anesthesiologists when they use it to potaintiate opioids when prepare patients for surgical interference. Try to turn off junkie with 1g of methadone dose... have to mix a lot of meds.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  10. RoboCodeine7610

Reputation Points:
    Very informative post, appreciate the research.

But if H1 antagonism potentiates opiate euphoria then shouldn't all antihistamines do the same, even second generation antihistamines?

Robo

11. warriortigress

warriortigress Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am curious to this as well. a friend just gave me 25-30 hydroxyzines, and told me to look them up to find out why I'll thank her. She mentioned they were for allergies, somewhat like Benadryl. I tried doing a little research as to how these might be different from other antihistamines, and how they would help my heroin high.

Any more recent scientific and/or personal advice would be sincerely appreciated!