1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Hydroxyzine

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by ritualkiller, Jun 20, 2005.

1. ritualkiller

ritualkiller Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have a bottle of Hydroxyzine. I've never heard of this and I think it
    might be a type of sedative. What is it? What does it do?...and can you
    get fucked up on it?

2. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hydroxyzine is just an antihistamine with sedative side effects. It's not recreational unless you have an affinity for sleep.

3. whataboutbob85

whataboutbob85 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Vistaril (Hydroxyzine) 25mg

I was just trying to do some research on Vistaril(Hrydroxine Pamoate) 25mg capsules. I had heard reports that some people have used these recreationally but I can't find any info online. Does anyone have any info about their recreational use such as methods of administration, dangers or dosages? Theoretically, if they could be used recreationally, could they be insuffulated?

Thanks.

4. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    The recommended dosage for its anti-anxiety use is between 50-100mg split up daily. The toxicity is 950mg/kg. It is water soluble at around 700mg/ml so insufflation would work i believe. Just be careful while taking any other narcotics or barbituates as the effects of vistaril are greatly potentiated by these. i would avoid drinking any significant amount of alcohol or taking any other kind of CNS depressant while on this. This drug is rapidly absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract so it would prolly be better just to pop it. Good luck. let us know what you think if you do try it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  5. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hydroxzine is really nifty, because it's an antihistamine yet a powerful anxiolytic. I have tried them several times. One experience gave me the best sleep of my life. They are just plain relaxing. Actually, sedating is a better word. Totally different, though, then diphenhydramine or doxylamine.

6. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No. A shot google showed me that it is mainly used for alergies and motion sickness. Its structure also doesnt look anything like a good drug I know of

7. Aopocetx

Aopocetx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I read it potentiates barbiturates. Anyone know by how much?

8. D-termine

D-termine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
  9. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    like unrulyroller said it doubles the effects of opiods. I like to add the hydroxyzine to all opiod experiences

10. tayo

tayo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yes hydroxyzine can inhibit the CYP2D6 liver enzyme which potentiates opiates with poor bioavailabilities. Hydroxyzine also was found to be used in a certain part of the coca to cocaine process according to a DEA article online, not exactly sure how though.

11. tayo

tayo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Hydroxyzine?

Anti-histamine and anti-anxiety at higher doses. Potentiates drugs metabolized by liver enzyme CYP2D6, (benzodiazepines, opiates, and others.) I do not know the proper dose for potentiation, believes it is rather high though.

12. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Hydroxyzine?

Threads merged.

13. ThomasRM

ThomasRM Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    The Combined Hydroxyzine Thread

Could someone explain the difference between hydroxyzine pam and hydroxyzine hcl? Also, would using these two in combination change the effects at all? Thanks!

14. msimm

msimm Newbie

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from U.S.A.
  15. Pomzazed

Pomzazed Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from thailand
    Re: Hydroxyzine PAM and HCL

It has different counterion of the molecule, the differs between those two.

16. ThomasRM

ThomasRM Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Hydroxyzine: Snorting

Does anyone know if hydroxyzine can be snorted, if snorting it is dangerous, if it increases the onset of the effects? Thanks again!

17. nononono15

nononono15 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Atarax (Hydroxizine): Recreational Use?

swim discovered that atarax is a prescription drug (hydroxyzine) used as an antihistamine and is also used for anxiety. It is not considered a benzo, however, like most anxiety pills are for. Could I use atarax to achieve desirable effects??

I has used benadryl twice and has discovered that it'd be a lot funner if not for the lethargic craziness and the "so tired i can't even think straight" feelings. So swim probably won't use benadryl again

18. Octo42o

Octo42o Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Hydroxyzine: Snorting

Swim told me it was really GOooooOOd

19. HighParadise

HighParadise Newbie

Reputation Points:

Orally it doesn't do shit (at least for me). Does it have an effect when snorted?

20. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o

Ahh one of these kind of threads.These go up with the snorting trazadone,snorting seroquel,snorting valerian type threads.A quick google search could show someone that this is a drug with little to no recreational value no matter how it is ingested.A longtime ago when I was young and naive a friend of his gave him a bottle of Atarax(hydroxyzine syrup).Other than feeling a little drowsy he felt nothing from it.This is an antihistamine.It is said to have very mild anxiolytic properties and from my experience these are very mild indeed.It could indeed potentate opiates I has read but that is a different story.Quit searching the medicine cabinet for random things to get high on!