Combinations - Hypothetical Question for all Tweakers...

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by Nicaine, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    How many out there would still regularly do amphetamines, meth, adderall, coke or (insert your favorite powerful stimulant) if you had no access whatsoever to benzodiazepines, alcohol, narcotics or downers of *any type* that could take the edge off, soften the tweak, help with the comedown, use in case of emergency, etc.?

Who is certain that their answer would be an absolute YES, you would still *regularly* do your powerful upper if you had *none* of the above around? :)

P.S. please remember not to answer with "me," as it's against forum rules (and common sense) to potentially incriminate oneself.

2. Phentulvor

Phentulvor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have used meth a few times and did not like it that much. I would rather kick back with some nice research chemicals and trip out all day. SWIM might try meth a few more times, but with phens still out there he would rather just do them.

:crazy

3. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wouldnt and hasnr for a long time even though swim still has access to benzos which he still uses to chill out anyways :D

4. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I have always thought that if he can't handle the comedown without additional drugs, then he should just stay away from it. No upper has ever been so harsch that he had to take benzos and stuff to mellow it out, if his memory serves him right. Comedowns can suck bad, but I have noticed more than once that some of my friends use it as an excuse to just keep the party going...

Smoking a few bongs while coming down from uppers can be incredibly fun though, I say, but he doesn't really like the idea of needing a whole pharmacy just to get to sleep or whatever.

5. KomodoMK

KomodoMK Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    SWIM never has required the use of downers to come down, I have on many occasions taken X and/or Speed at 4pm in the afternoon and carried on until 6am the following morning, then went with his friends back to the pub at opening, staying their until around 9pm before going to bed due to work the next day.

I find the best way to deal with a downer is just to carry on having a laugh with friends, play pool etc. Eventually it just became easy to do, things maybe a little quiet in the mornings but after a few pints everything is cool.

6. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have always used downers (ie - barbs and quaaludes early on, heroin and rohypnol / daizepam after that, then GHB then back to benzos,) always for both stims and psychedelics. It does make the comedown easier and saves SWIM from unpleasant panic attacks and overstimulation.
    However, I have not had access to anything except alcohol and weed for a long time, and does not use either to come down any more. SWIM still manages to have a good time and this has not deterred SWIM from using stimulating compounds, but I do not binge like I used to, so maybe hh339 is on the right track..
    Snapper

7. pollo

pollo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's never really been a fan of using any kind of downers after a couple of days awake on stimulants...

this is especially the case for weed, he told me some time ago, 'cause it totally screws his blood circulation... if the last dose of the favored upper was more than 2-4 hours ago, he's like totally broken, heart rate of about 50 to 60 bpm, which caused him pass out about 5 times by now as soon as he stood up...

alcohol is very nice though, in contrast to weed, but it's not really nessecary, he said, as he more or lass has no real "coming down", but just a loss in being awake. no bad mood or anything alike, just getting tired - by now.

benzos are fun I said - not for coming down, but rather for accelerating the appearence of those funky shadow people and the voices in his head - he somehow seems to like them...

8. stoneinfocus

stoneinfocus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    swim ... never had any, not even the slightest issues in coming up and down not even somethign worth to call it a depression, just a so-so kind of mood that was at least not unpleasant, not to say pleasant after sexual and euphorical excesses the night(s) on.

Swim thinks someone using and getting problems with uppers must be very very stupid like driving over 100 red traffic lights, those to be seen 5 miles ahead on the road, the body gives you for the use of it far long before it´s "too late".

Swim thinks there must be an decent upper for nearly any person that would work so great that it would be torture not letting them using it.

9. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I am with hh339 on this. After a big stimulate session and he is feeling rough the thought of putting more drugs inside him does not seem like the way to go. At the moment he occasionally just uses a small amount of alcohol on comedowns.

10. morrison

morrison Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim only really smokes herb in addition to the coke and/or meth swim partakes in and the weed has really been secondary, so for swim it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

11. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim only used adderal, but usually doesnt use a benzo to come down, if the comedown is bad I will just smoke a bowl but swim hears meth comedown is way more intense.

12. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I would use amphetamines and ephedrine without downers. I don't really abuse them anyway or go on ridiculous runs. They are usually just used to study or stay awake a few hours longer so downers have never been necessary.

13. Octo42o

Octo42o Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I use benzos lately to get some sleep and get responsibilities done. But when I was a full blown tweaker, he just kept tweaking and tweaking after the 3rd or 4th day up you pretty much can do a line and sleep it off. So I would say Yes to doing tweak w/o any downers availible.

14. kizevin

kizevin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I think it's a good one. I have ALWAYS used amphetamines in tandem with benzos/opiates. However, cocaine is another story for SWIM. When I did it daily, he sometimes didn't have the luxury of benzos/downers, so he would smoke ridiculous amounts of ganja and down whiskey. However, since SWIM "cleaned up his act" on weekends he indulges in usually around 50mg of amphetamines(in various forms) with around 40mg of diazepam. I have only so far made this adventure twice, but it has been totally worth it both times. SWIM usually starts with the amphs with about 10-20mg orally/intranasally then follows it an hour later with around 10mg of diazepam. The process normally repeats as such. In decling amounts in less frequent doses throughout the process.

15. Habit

Habit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Down to Earth

Lord Girth would be in bad shape without his daily hit from the psycotropic pitchers sedtory/stimulating speedball of delight. Life just wouldnt' be the same.

16. SatansGod

SatansGod Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When I use any kind of stimulant, SWIM always rides the whole thing out, I have never used landing gear for that. I believe that if You enjoyed the high, You need's to pull through the low. Just as a learning process, and it helps train the body and mind, in SWIM's opinion.

17. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim heartily agrees with these people, though he has made mistakes on occaisions.

Extended stimulant runs aren't fun, and aren't swim's idea of 'recreational' use. If he needs something to help him come down (and he is generally good with most substances), then he is abusing the substance rather than 'using' it.

18. Jiggles

Jiggles Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Doses of as low as 5mg dexedrine (dexamphetamine) are enough to make SWIM slightly speedy/euphoric, which also unfortunately still leads to a come down later in the day (mild anhedonia). Altho some may disagree, the way SWIM sees it is that if you bring yourself above baseline to a decent degree, there is bound to be some kind of rebound below baseline, even if it's just a small bit.

19. Habit

Habit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Lord Girth combines Diamorphine with Cocaine for the Synergetic effect only. When its time to come down, he comes down hard without any aid. For every high there is a low. The Lord would like to suggest that nobody shold pitch speedballs, with the exception only to those who have already struck out.

20. IkBenDeMan

IkBenDeMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Unfortunately I have become quite addicted to heroin. Therefore, if he does coke (his H hook enjoys doing coke, and breaks him off small amounts frequently, as he is his dealer's hook for coke) with friends, or comes across tweak (which has happened 3 times in the past year) he's usually (by usually, he means 'always') on opiates. Therefore, I don't use benzos or alcohol for stimulant comedowns, as he doesn't like mixing those with opiates (its dangerous and he really doesn't like the feeling). Strangely enough, as from what I've heard, most people have much worse comedowns from meth. I find a coke comedown to be 10 times worse, and he's taken both drugs in all forms (smoked, snorted, injected). Anyways, I think its strange that Meth seems to be much more comfortable to him than cocaine, as many people are opposite. He thinks its because they both affect the serotonin system, and he has always had weird reactions to drugs which do. For example, he had a terrible reaction to the SSRI anti-depressant Lexapro, on a standard dose, when he was about 16 he was at his high school, and he was seeing trails (no other drugs were taken) as if on LSD, and accidently pouring coffee that had given students 2nd degree burns all over himself and didn't even notice until somebody pointed it out. Also, when taking psychedelics, he always seems to have markedly different effects than his peers. But anyways, yeah, a shot of 'H' will eliminate any comedown from meth for him, and will help quite a bit with cocaine comedowns, he says.