I bought some catmint plants (Nepeta c.)

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by tologonu, Sep 28, 2004.

1. tologonu

tologonu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I bought some catmint plants (Nepeta catoria). They were VERY cheap and I thought, "what the heck".I was wondering which part of it to dry out for smoking? Also, what's the best process to do this?

Appreciate the help. :)

2. Hawkeye19972

Hawkeye19972 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Hey! The parts of the plant to dry are the leaves and the flowers. Try to avoid the stems as they burn like wood (which is not very nice!). Hope this helps!

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Catnip is for cats, not people. If you want to get a people high, smoke some pot. Smoking catnip does not get humans high.

4. Hawkeye19972

Hawkeye19972 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I disagree. If you haven't used catnip before please do not make such a comment for you have nothing to go on. Catnip is for anyone and anything that wishes to use, whether it's cats or humans. While smoking catnip does not get you "high" it does get you pretty relaxed. Lots of people are looking for alternatives to marijuana as they cannot use it, be it because of work, too expensive, illegal, it sends them schizo, or any other reason. This isn't a bad herb for those looking to relax at the end of a long day, or to help them go to sleep.

5. trippymindfuk

trippymindfuk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from The Trap, Cincinnati, OH USA
    I have smoked catnip before. It will not get you high but it is a nice smoke and is very relaxing. I've heard some people make tea with it and get mild effects, I haven't tried it yet, though.