I like weak cannabis!

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by powderhead55, Jul 9, 2006.

1. powderhead55

powderhead55 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm just posting to see how many people like a weaker, less potent weed compared to this top grade, two hits and you're stoned stuff. I'd actually like my MJ to be a good deal weaker than what it normally is. I love smoking! so i dont like that after me and a friend smoke a couple joints we're too baked to roll another one. I like the cheap stuff that you can smoke all day and never get "retarded". anyone agree? or do you all like getting baked off ur asses after one blunt?

2. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    You're treading close to self incrimination, powderhead.

Take care that you don't implicate yourself in anything prosecutable, or I will have to shitcan the thread.

3. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Errrr.. no.. mainly because you have to smoke more to get desired effects long before the 'retarded' stage comes. so thats more smoke going into your lungs. unless you 'enjoy smoking' feel free to carry on.I mean if you just want a joint to look cool in between your fingers because you cant handle stronger green then there u go

waste of time in my opinion, unless you prefer specifically the use of low strength strain plants for your weed for medical applications, or just a little giggle.

4. carloshidalgo61

carloshidalgo61 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like mellow type weed too

I would like to find some Indica seeds and grow them himself in order to maybe find a mellow, paranoia free happy time. Perhaps the Sativa style mj is too speedy/ scary for lighter weight smokers, because it just takes less for SWIM. I would just like a mellower high, but not have to smoke like a ton of it though.

5. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim smokes a lot of different strains, some potent some not (depending on whats around and how much fund friends have or wanna spend) its nice that sometimes one can go out and spend not too much cash and smoke several blunts... its great, but after a few times it kinda loses the magic of smoking weed and becomes boring and not as fun. for the everyday blaze cheap mids can be fun, but for that night out wit your friends you gotta break out those headies and pack a bowl or two in the bong for each of your mates.

6. powderhead55

powderhead55 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    exactly, you kinda have to read the post, not just the topic., good try though. Like i said smoking it is my favorite part, and maybe you get pretty shitty weed cuz stuff around here will get you half-eyed after a dime.

Also, Woodman, how can it be self incrimination when weed is legal in certain countries. I can admit to using if it's legal in my country can't I? No disrespect, i would edit the post anyways, but im not aloud, still a newbie.

7. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, I say that weaker weed is alright for social occasions where blunts are being smoked (I don't know about others, but for swim at her locations kind bud is more than twice as expensive as schwag so I am stingy and will not waste her potent weed sharing at parties and putting it in blunts and joints, she'll share a couple of bowls but otherwise it's wasteful). Also, it depends on how heavy a pot smoker is. Swim dislikes the weaker pot because it seems that she has to smoke forever to get any sort of desirable effects and even then she's not really "stoned". She also likes more potent weed because it often seems more psychedelic. She once got this bag of schwag though that was potent, but not in a way that she liked. It was either very strong indica or too much of the THC had degraded to CBN. Anyway, after sharing about a bowl and a half of that sittinig on the couch with her partner, neither one of them could even stand up to pack another bowl. It was an alright feeling for about an hour but then everyone would get sleepy and usually end up turning in early which was no fun.

Don't get me wrong, swim absolutely loves the taste of cannabis smoke (she has given up cigarettes because after smoking marijuana so much the cigarettes taste downright nasty), but since she has a high tolerance she already does spend a long time smoking (she has noticed a new callous on her right thumb due to flicking her lighter so much) to get the desired effect even if it is high-grade marijuana.

8. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm pretty sure that the rules about using "swim" still apply since this is an international board. I'd be careful about it in the future...I'd suggest the "edit" button because many get bad rep for things such as this, but I know you don't have that.

9. powderhead55

powderhead55 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i cant edit my posts, im still a newbie

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I don't like weak weed. It's a waste of time. Good weed will last longer and doesn't need to be smoked as often. All-round it's a better bargain.

11. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    My cock always buys the best it can get. Better weed is better indeed, says my cock.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
    1. 2/5,
      As a gold member, you should know not to incriminate yourself...
      Jul 10, 2006
  12. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    weed is "legal"??? I didnt even think the dutch had made it that far...

No, I doubt its that.

& In SwiHR's honest opinion, the weed thats worth the time, doesnt come in "nicks" and "dimes" - unless you're going through a good buddy or something. The "dimes" that can be found on the streets n such tends to be pretty schwaggy or at best, ok mids. This doesnt mean that it shouldnt be smoked; some prefer the brick, and some prefer the buds...

If you smoke nothing but schwag all the time, schwag will be all you need and get you where you wanna get (nice ol blaze or whatever it does for you). If you're ripping bongs of headies all the time, then you're not gonna wanna take a step back from the higher platue of "being stoned" that nothing but Kind bud can really take you to...

Swim ultimatly prefers the more potent Kind Bud over everything else (if he could, he would smoke it all day everyday. Of course, since Headies tend to come with a big price tag, he doesnt mind at all saving some cash on beasters (as he can usually get double the quantity for the same tag as headies). There is a very thick line though between saving money on beasters, and saving money on schwag. Swim can't smoke schwag. It will usually bring about more of a headachs/sore throat/bad taste for swim, than it will get him high - no matter how many blunts you can roll with all the money you save. but in the end, thats just Swim, its doesnt make him better or worse as a smoker, its all preference...

Im not gonna make assumptions and say that SwIpH has little experience with Kind Bud. But I do feel that a lot of people never step away from the cheap stuff and never get a real experience or chance to appreciate the magic that those geourgous green buds drenched in orange hairs and beautiful crystals can really offer. Swim swears that when somethings wrong, be it he is sick, or sad, or whatever, a lil puff of the herb can bring about the healing. Whether its by putting his mind at ease or on the right track, or releaving his body of some annoying ailment, Marijuana has time and time again, proven to be the ultimate Herbal Remedy - Haha (had to do it), peace...

13. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    powderhead55 - exactly, you kinda have to read the post, not just the topic., good try though. Like i said smoking it is my favorite part, and maybe you get pretty shitty weed -

well im ignorant..

nope swia doesn't get shit weed, but if you prefer it then by all means in fact swia has had strains and potencies you couldn't possibly imagine, so stick to your stuff... wow that was sad lol.... hehehe :smoker:

14. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Firstly to slightly derail the thread in order to bring it back on track - Powderhead, the self-incrimination rule is non-negotiable, irrespective of the legality of a substance in a particular country, & is there for a reason, vis, to protect the Forum & it's members; as an international community comprised of creatures from many different countries with many differing laws it makes sense to have a catch all rule like this one; just imagine that we are playing a game & that in the game's world all use of psychoactives has the potential to to get one into trouble if directly alluded to. Please respect the wishes of the Forum founder - he doesn't ask much in return for running this place, but this is something he does ask. Also, where in Europe, or anywhere else for that matter is cannabis 'legal'? It is at best decrimanlised or tolerated, but nowhere is it legal.

Now, can we stop bickering bickering & get back on track? Lovely.

I was talking to A Certain Mouse about this the other day, & it seems that he agrees with you Powderhead. In his humble opinion, he told me he's always found skunk a bit much, as do many of his nest-mates, all hardened smokers of a decade plus. Many, himself included make it a stipulation if being bought for that skunk is not bought for them, preferring to go without weed for a bit rather than smoke genetically modified head-battering mong-maker. The general consensus around the nest is that skunk is great when otherwise chemically altered, but otherwise leaves them anxious, paranoid, braindead & generally useless for the next day - many have jobs that require a clear head & ability to function & make decisions & stuff, & all have found that skunk impairs this ability, especially when smoked regularly. Not only that, but when they do get together for a smoke, they enjoy sitting & chatting, not sitting around going 'Fuck me! I'm battered!' like a bunch of spoons who just smoke to get as wasted as possible - although this does have it's place, obviously!

The last time A Certain Mouse smoked skunk exclusively for any length of time he turned into a very boring little thing, & found himself unable to communicate effectively on any level, nearly losing a very good friend because of it. He's also observed it to be very habit-forming, & finds a big difference between the smoking habits of skunk smokers & brick or hash smokers, with skunk smokers getting a lot edgier than others when out of weed, & with a tendency to smoke more when they do have it, therefore spending more on it, suffering greater demotivation & suppressed appetite after regular use, & generally making the place stink - sometimes a nice thing, but when you have to deal with the general public, & potentially important people, it's never good to have cannabis oozing from every pore & what amounts to a very heavy molecule stuck to every fibre of your clothing making everyone around sit up & think 'Toker in the room!'

It's all a matter of taste & what the head can handle - people seem to be calling 'lightweight' on this, as if it's something shameful. It isn't. It's just that some people don't enjoy the heavy-handedness of high potency strains, or feeling like they've been lobotomised after a couple of tokes.

1. 3/5,
      well put
      Aug 10, 2006
  15. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Lol couldn't agree with that more lol... swia finds different strains suit different occasions for her. she doesn't like the 'mind fuck melt' feeling all the time, but prefers a balance. which ever suits her mood it is all down to taste but then on the other end of spectrum swia likes being stoned. :D

16. tokingchicken

tokingchicken Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This brings up that complete bs propaganda fact they always state against weed: 'weed nowadays is 10 times more potent then the "safer" weed back in the 60s.'
    I hate it everytime i hear this, More potent weed leads to less smoked, making it easier on the lungs.

17. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    You could look at it that way, but you could say that weed in the 60s wouldn't get you as far out as some of weird skunk nowadays, and so nowadays you're much more likely to fuck your head up and end up with a melted brain

I'm impartial, i'm just saying that that's the argument proposed by some people, and that you have to think about all the possible negative effects of weed on yourself, like the ones in your head, not just in your lungs

18. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    weak weed is ok for day to day things alright.....but what I would do if he didnt wanna get too stoned would be put less good weed into a spliff. neither is especially better its just a matter of preferance.and sometimes hydro with alcohol can be death ( aka "spinners" not actual dieing.lol ) if your not used of it and thats where weaker weed can be useful,its strong enough to get nicely stoned with booze but no so strong as to send you to bed.lol.I like both strong and weak strains of weed sticking to the belief that theirs a time and a place for both.

19. powderhead55

powderhead55 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i totally agree that high-quality is a better bargain, SWIM just enjoys smoking and would have a J in his mouth at all times if possible. I dont enjoy getting stoned off his ass, he likes to just keep a nice mellow high. And weak weed is te only way to keep that mellowness and be able to smoke the way he enjoys (as much as possible).

herbal remedy, check out erowid, http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_law.shtml decriminalized in western austrailia, up to 3gs in belgium, and unpunishable in most South American countries... i didnt mean to insult or anything, i was just saying since the stuff around here will get you ripped outta ur head after a couple bowls and u made it sound like you dont get that from your stuff, there's really no way for me to say whats shitty since SWIM never had ur stuff, great stuff here could be shit in your area

20. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That is great, but one should realize that there is a difference between "legal" and "decriminalized". Marijuana being "legal" would mean that it is your right to consume it... Marijuana being "decriminalized" means that the authorities have put it at the bottom of there list of things to do, pretty much, and is (hopefully) on its way to the "legal" stage (I am not a lawyer so that is not a perfect definition). Dont get me wrong, i think it is great that countries like australia and holland have the enlightened ways of governing that they do, I just think its important to recognize the fine line that does exist, peace....