I Love Modafinil

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by whorse, Jan 5, 2007.

1. whorse

whorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This stuff is so great, SWIM just said he went on a dangerously huge downer binge with like 4mg xanax, some temazepam and a mix of opiates. He took one 200mg Provigil (modafinil) pill before he went to bed (which was like 8:00 in the morning, he pulled an all-nighter on those downers) and woke up by noon as if he had had a regular nights sleep. NO hangover, NO benzo drowsiness, NO amph jitteriness, NO "comedown" from the other drugs. Usually after these downer binges if I went to bed at 8:00AM he'd wake up at 8:00 PM the next day (what a vampire he is I know, but it's winter break). And there's no appetite loss either, or any of the main problems associated with amphetamines like high blood pressure. Seriously this stuff should be over the counter, its like the most useful drug since caffeine, especially if you have a wierd sleep cycle

I am not sure the combo of Modafinil with all those downers is a good idea for anyone to do at all and he does not reccomend anyone do it. No one is really sure the exact mechanism of Modafinil's action, and combining uppers with downers can = death. He just wasn't sure if Modafinil is actually considered an "upper" in the traditional sense. That and he likes to live dangerously :crazy

2. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Re: Swim Loves Modafinil

modafinial is great. it's a great study aid, and swim found it to be almost better than adderall when it is mixed with about 200mg of caffiene.

its not the whole "speed high" but rather just ability to stay awake and just do what needs to be done.

3. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:

Swim beginning to like Provigil better than amps, very helpful.

4. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.

Has anyone tried staying up very long on modafinil, like 4-5 days? It doesn't cause any of the amp jitters, so it'd be interesting to see if it causes the amp psychosis of staying up very long.

I was considering using modafinil to reduce the total number of hours he sleeps every night (maybe combined with GHB to maximize the quality of the sleep), since he remembers reading something about people using it to sleep only 4 hours a night or so. I would love to get another 4 hours in his day, by cutting his sleep down from 8 to 4, but hates all the amp side effects.

5. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

swim suggests that nothing is better than sleep. what You wants to do will work, but who knows how long till it all catches up with him.

6. sciencedj

sciencedj Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I have had the chance to experience Provigil (Modafinil). It is a very good study drug. It gives no euphoria at all, but it keeps your "mind" awake through any situation.

I quoted the word "mind" because your body could be as tired as hell (dragging....), but your mind still is alert and awake. It's a weird feeling to have a "tired" body and an "awake" mind.

Ritalin and Adderall keep my mind "awake", but I usually have to find some task to "fiddle" with to keep my mind occupied. I did not experience the urge to "fiddle" on Provigil. My mind was clear and focused. Ritalin and Adderall get me high and sometimes it is hard to focus on the task at hand.

Provigil is not addicting or habit forming?

7. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:

http://www.provigil.com/
    Here a link for those that want to read up on this drug. Like I said in a earlier post, he likes it. The only drawback is the price. Had hell from swim insurance.

8. sciencedj

sciencedj Silver Member

Reputation Points:

^^^^^^^

You is sooooo right...The price is outrageous (if You does not have insurance). If I do have insurance...it's sometimes hard to get it approved. If it is approved by You insurance company...You will pay the highest co-pay rate for brand name drugs.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  9. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

this stuff is not controled and is easly found else where other than the pharm... (unlike addies which can be found but are a bit harder...(have to have connections))

10. Euphoric

Euphoric Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

I very much doubt that anything can prevent the psychosis brought about by sleep deprivation, but reports to prove otherwise are welcome.

11. Pino

Pino Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from The Netherlands

I don't have enough information for a full blown experience report, but his first trials with modafinil are quite good. BP is well in range (119/87 with a good dose of aphetamines this can go to 167/98 on a peak (or with a panic attack)) and HR 87 (95 on amps). This is almost normal for swim, which is somewhere to 120/80. No nasty side-effects, small euphoria (combined with doing things and listening music) and lots of energy and focus. No high temperature. Only an increased interest in sweets I find. Also motivation to do something is quite high.

He notice a slight headache. He will look, what this does, when he drinks some coffee. If it goes away.

12. Silentscream

Silentscream Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I found himself unable to sleep at all 10 hours after taking 300mg.
    It was a very frustrating feeling as I was very much aware that he was extremely tired, but sleep would not come, and I couldnt help concentrating almost too much on anything and everything that popped into his mind.
    Next time I will try a 100mg dose..

13. plur

plur Newbie

Reputation Points:

I took it for a year and a half daily(200mg) then a tolerence built up to the point of no effect so he detoxed for week or so when he redosed the effects of it gave a amp like ephora rather then just the alert and hyper-fouces of before the was still no negagtive body load. now he mixes priods of heavy use with priods of detox. still has ampish effects too (also this a potenated with a small dose of caffen)

ps - it should be noted I has bin known to have different effect
    from 'other stuff'

14. MachinaDeus

MachinaDeus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The night owls often ponder on the long term effects of no sleep. They wonder sometimes if and how lack of sleep while on modanifil affects prefrontal lobe aging (the owls vaguely remember it being thought lack of sleep causes pre aging in those regions but wonder how this class of drug interacts with that) The night owls would like to apologize in advance for jacking the thread a bit but this is pertinent. The owls would like to ponder more on this class if anyone has any info

this very much so fascinates the owls but have trouble finding anything useful about it and would very much so appreciate further discussion. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  15. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:

I tried Modafinil for ADHD and found it to be too strong. She even tried taking 1/3 of a 200mg pill but it was still too strong and had her short of breath and caused tachycardia (fast heart rate). I am a very petite person, though, and 2 of her friends also tried it and liked it with no problems. It's weird that it caused some on here not to be able to go to sleep because information swim read on several websites say that a person can go to sleep whenever they want while taking it or be able to stay up 24 hours straight if they want to. It makes sense though that a stimulant medication would cause sleeplessness so maybe it just depends on the person taking it. It is also not supposed to cause the euphoria associated with other stimulants but apparently that is not necessarily the case either. I didn't experience any but didn't expect to since she doesn't experience anything from her Adderall but a calm state of mind and body.Swim's ADHD friend also said it helped her focus. As for prefrontal lobe aging, anything that raises blood pressure and heart rate and speeds up metabolism will age the body, the brain included, and so will lack of sleep. It is said that people can stay up for several days on Modafinil with no adverse effects but, done often enough, there will be bad effects because the body has to have time to repair itself or it will wear out and eventually cease functioning. An examination of the side-effects listed for Modafinil will quickly bring one to the conclusion that it is not without the same risks as any other drug in the same class. For this reason, although I has ADHD, she does not take her Adderall any more than absolutely necessary. She is way too vain about her looks and health and does not to want to live any faster than she does naturally and stimulant drugs do age the brain and body. Is MachinaDeus looking for specific information on lack of sleep, brain aging, and Modafinil?

16. MachinaDeus

MachinaDeus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The owls apologize for sounding vague. Yes they would like to find studies on how lack of sleep with modanifil affects the brain. Sleep deprivation along side this class of drugs are subjects that very much fascinate the owls.

17. Hypebeast

Hypebeast Newbie

Reputation Points:

I am being given his friends Provigil daily, and enjoys it but finds that after 3 days of taking it he builds up a bit of a tolerance. Better to be cycled one day on, one day off, etc in SWIM's opinion

18. albagbr

albagbr Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland

I have recently discovered Modafinil (thanks Daily Mail!) and has been using them instead of her usual base. I cannot take any other stimulants due to those pesky SRIs I have to take. Summer festivals will be the real test!

19. Lady Codone

Lady Codone Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Modafinil is a strange substance. I used to take it for fatigue, and it prevented her from sleeping but didn't help the fatigued feeling at all. Sometimes she would even go to sleep on it, but this was hard. It was expensive, so she quit after her first scrip ran out.

20. Mancini

Mancini Newbie

Reputation Points:

There must be something wrong with my seahorse! She took modafinil and felt almost nothing - no more than if she'd had a strong cup of coffee. She tried the usual 200mgs first coupl days, and then finally took 3 x 200mg tab in 1 day but still experienced very little. My seahorse was a Billy/base fan ages ago, but that wouldn't influence today's experiments.
    Could it be she was sent bogus modafinil do You think? She purchased over Intrnet but it's supposed to be a reliable source. Have any other folks' pets had similar experiences?
    Cheers! x