Dose - i take ~16grams of kratom daily. how many grams of hydrocodone would it take

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by hemalitun, Nov 17, 2013.

1. hemalitun

hemalitun Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    for me to achieve a decent buzz? the kratom is of average to above average quality/potency, but not an extract

i know this is a vague topic so i'm not looking for a precise answer so i'm hoping someone can help me out with a ballpark. thanks

hemalitun added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

to put it another way i'm wondering to what degree i will have a cross tolerance.

hemalitun added 26 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

er, second edit. i of course mean milligrams, not grams. i was hoping for a quick answer in order to help decide how much to take but i ended up ingesting 15mg to no effect. took another 22.5mg & now hoping for some effect

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. Sumeru

Sumeru Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In my experience hydro blows kratom out of the water, unless you're using UEI or some other kratom extract or some such thing. An important thing to consider would be how long you've been using kratom. Your opiate/opiod tolerance depends on that as much as the product being used. In any case, [and this is only] assuming you have some tolerance, I'd start with your current ~20mg of hydrocodone and work your way up slowly. Be careful. Tread lightly, as they say. Whereas kratom has been involved with few overdoses, prescription opiods like hydrocodone have had quite the opposite effect. Also, if you're using Vicodin tablets mixed with APAP, perform a cold water extraction. I know this information may be a little redundant with an opiate user but I can't stress this sort of thing enough.

3. hemalitun

hemalitun Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i do know how to perform a CWE but thanks for bringing it up. unfortunately the 30 total mgs seem to have done almost nothing for me

hemalitun added 3 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

perhaps tomorrow, on an empty stomach, without having taken any kratom. fingers crossed, although i have a suspicion it might end up being a waste. as for length of use i would estimate having taken 16-20g of kratom daily for the past 1.5 years

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  4. otoh

otoh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    empty stomach or not...most people find that kratom will negate the effects of an opioid until the kratom is out of your system for a couple of days. I've heard of people needing double their normal dose of hydro to even feel it. I also do not agree with the above poster in that, plain leaf unadulterated would be impossible to OD on. If people OD with kratom in their system. it is because of other things they are throwing in the mix.

1. 3/5,
      Good information. I didn't know that.
      Nov 18, 2013
  5. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    There seems to be some confusion with the term Over Dose (OD)
    Perhaps you meant 'Die' and not OD?
    An over dose is exactly what it says, it is when someone takes more then the recommended dose and experiences some negative effects. In the case of kratom those effects of an overdose include agitation, jitters, anxiety, nausea etc.

Death can often be the result of an overdose with more powerful drugs but it has not been the result of an overdose of kratom (when taken with no other drugs) as of yet.