1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - ibuprofen

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by jarjar5050, Jun 23, 2004.

1. jarjar5050

jarjar5050 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how much ibuprofen is usually needed to get high off of it? just wondering cuz i haven't really tried it before...

2. Thegreatone

Thegreatone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i wouldent recomend tring

3. Insane Asian

Insane Asian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    3 i dont recomend it either its not even a fun high its just not being able to move because all your muscles are smaller

4. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Ibuprofen is an over counter pain reliver or a doctor can prescribe stronger shit, I believe for pain. IT IS NOT A NARCOTIC- so don't expect a narcotic effect.

5. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you just get sick off of it. No high at all. Period.

6. white_lighter

white_lighter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dont those f**k up your liver or somthing cause i know my mom has like the highest mg you can get and all my pill popping friends say not to take them cause they f**k up your body more then gave you a high

7. natalie4202009

natalie4202009 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah ... its stupid... i took too many tylonel one time not even attempting at a high... but it gave me nothing none the less... all i did was puke ever half hour for a whole day... go the the hospital... would have had my stomach pumped but everything was already puked up... and then i had liver probs for awhle but now i have a very healthy liver again :)

8. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ibuprofen is weak.Try getting your hands on some OxyContin,Vicodin,or Lortabs for a nice buzz.

9. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Taking too much ibu can be very rough on your stomach, especially if you drink with it.

10. limpet chicken

limpet chicken Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ibuprofen is an NSAID, non steroidal anti inflammatory, suitable for control of mild pain, and nothing else, any effect you do experience is a placebo reaction, ibuprofen is not psychoactive, and will not get you high in any way.

NSAIDs are prone to causing liver damage in high doses, please don't try to get high of them, it might kill you, and will NOT get you high, no matter how many you try.

11. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    Yes, once I accidentally ate like 4 grams of these. I had no negative or positive effects. Don't eat them anyway..

12. 600538411

600538411 600538411 Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from bahamas_the
    As mentioned above, Iboprofen is a NSAID and the Ibuprofen blocks the enzyme that makes prostaglandins (cyclooxygenase), resulting in lower levels of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins decreases will lead to negative nitrogen balance and hence is "catabolic".. So ifone wasup for destroying tissues intheir body by overdosing on this then be My guest...

13. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    3? I take 4 for a headache, though i normally take 2000mg of exttra strength tylenol for a headache, tolerance maybe?
    But back to the question I think it is obvious from the abundance of "don't do it" and the total lack of do it's
    that you shoul;dnt, thoough i have found that tylenol 3's work, but thats a whole different thread

14. 600538411

600538411 600538411 Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from bahamas_the
    SWIM too has taken 3-4 at a time... SWIM sees most dosages on labels as "full of shit" as they are being on the safe size... Really, adults come in all sorts of sizes andSWIM bets that the dosage is based on like a 45kg woman from Kenya's dose to be on the safe side rather than on a adult male IMHO...

I would not use this drug too often though because it is catabolic, no doubt (has been shown in scientific literature, prostagladins play a role in protein synthesis)... More info is coming out about the negatives of this drug specifically (not to say that scientist seems to find this kind of thing with nearly bloody everything lol)Edited by: 600538411

15. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Christ on a christmas tree! Don't!
    I got real sick off that stuff not so long ago, it was for my wisdom teeth. I had the worst gut cramps and I was on the toilet the whole night.

16. swanprincess75

swanprincess75 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In my opinion, I wouldnt take any over the counter pain medicine including tylenol to get high. I just think that my body will need it someday when im hanging around in my rocking chair dying of lung cancer cause I smoked cigs and weed all my life!! [​IMG] Try Robo, morning glory, poppy, or anything else that you can get your hands on if you dont have access to "perks" or T3's!! Even then, dont mess withpain killersall the time cause, as was said earlier....."that shit screws your liver"!!!

NO KIDDIES, do not attempt taking Ibuprofen for a high that is not there. Your liver will explode, and your ass will fall off from you kicking it from going through all the hassel for NOFX!!!

17. StfuAndRollit

StfuAndRollit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    wat an iddiot trying to get fucked up on ibueprofen .. shit otc shit
    that will fuck you up.. triple c's ..And a bottle of robotussin[​IMG]

18. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Taking CCC's is so much smarter.

19. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    2yo ibuprofen

hey everyone, my first post here. been here for about 3 months mostly
    just reading and if i had Qs id search, its answered most my Qs so far.

my Q is i recently found an old bottle of mine of ibuprofien 600mg
    (motrin generic) and wanted to ask if they are still good to take? says
    expired 2004 and i heard pills lose some of theire potency after a
    while but i wasnt sure. any help?

20. Freak_

Freak_ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    You won't die by using it, but i would not use expired medications.

Ibuprofein is only a simple pill I use for headaches. You can buy them cheap OTC why not get some fresh ones?