Identifying the taste of oil

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by geezaman, Aug 16, 2006.

1. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    As autum harvest time again approaches, hash oil has again become available to SWIM. Butane hash oil to be precise.
    I have aquired what he believes to be an oil pipe,it is made of glass it is about 6" long and has a hollow globe end with one hole going into the pipe stem and another small one at the top of the globe, there is a raised dimple in the bottom of the globe and there is no way to fit a screen.

I would first like sombody to confirm this is an oil pipe or tell SWIM what it is intended for, I have not been able to Id it online and at the shop he bought it when he asked what it was for, he was shrugged at and told "its a pipe"

Secondly I would like sombody to describe what oil smoke is ment to taste like
    at the moment my oil tastes rank and chemical but I do not know wether it is due to the pipe, the fact its glass, if he is heating the oil too much, the leaf the oil was produced from, or some residue left on the pipe from when it was produced.

any help/thoughts would be good

also should leaf be cured in any way before bieng used in butane extraction?

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Geezaman is playing 20 questions. Hmm, where to start.

I will start at the end. If the Hash Oil does not taste right, something is eerily wrong. If the glass is clean, and the Pot is clean, and the butane is clean, it doesn't make sense that the Hash Oil could be awful-tasting.

Haven't you tasted Hash Oil before? It sounds like you have: "As autumn harvest time again approaches, hash oil has again become available to SWIM."

My advice: (1) taste some REAL Hash Oil sometime, and (2) make your own pipe.

3. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find he prefers mixing hash oil with a bowl or joint or lathering it on a cigarette rather than smoking it outright.

You may find it much easier to just mix it with something.

Hash oil has never tasted especially great by itself to swim, but if You has had it before and this is considerably worse than You might want to take a hard look at where he got it from and how trustworthy the person is.

4. geezaman

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    my pet leprechaun made it all by itself, my previous experience of oil was also made by his pet leprechaun. When SWIM previously used oil it was smoked by rolling tobacco in it to soak it up and rolling a J with the tabacco or by puting a line of oil down the side of a normal J. This month has been the first time I have smoked oil straight out of a pipe. which is Why the thread starting post was laid out like "20 questions". I cannot obtain oil except thathe produces himself, and after much checking of shops in a 5mile radius the only butane available is rolson, perma and another unheard of brand, thus I have tryed both the rolson and perma. The rolson braggs that it is ultra refined for quality. I have also found that rolson own perma, so asumes it is the same quality gas. Brands such as dunhillColibri and Prometheus which are ultra pure for jet and flameless lighters seem un obtainable in the UK the only place I have found selling them is an online auction site and even then they are not available to UK buyers.
    I will try smoking it in a non glas pipe and see if there is any difference,

Is the taste of oil describable? and does it take the taste of the weed or leaf it was made from?

5. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I find hash oil allways had a kinda black licorish kinda taste he personally likes it and knows the taste very well.... This is black oil of course... BHO is golden i hear.... supposed to taste like honey hence the honey oil name!

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The oil that my evil lab ape - Bongo - created had no taste at all from the inhalation through an oil-pipe, or it's home-brewed cousins. Upon exhalation, but only through the nose of the ape, there would be a very subtle taste/aroma of fine quality hashish such as Nepali Finger Hash or Temple Balls.

If one smoked it too quickly and hot, it would still not have any taste but would still overwhelm the lungs and make a monkey cough.

The colour was yellow-gold in thin layers with a hint of a reddish tint. No green was present. Very thick and would not budge even upside-down in hot weather. It had to be melted in a water-bath close to b.p. It made good lip-balm for chapped lips during cold winter months. Don't ask why. LOL!

7. geezaman

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    yes SWImark HBO is golden, like honey but SWIm does not believe it is ment to taste like honey, it sure as hell looks like honey though. unfortunatly I have only experienced hash twice besides his pet leprechauns oil. once bought and the quality of this was unknowen but very questionable, the other time again made by the leprechaun, unfortunatly it turned out quite green though, not like the crock o gold I was expecting

Tags: