If a cop caught SWIY with salvia?

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by unconditionaldl, Mar 21, 2007.

1. unconditionaldl

unconditionaldl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    I was wondering this today, if SWIM were in his car and had a bong and some salvia and was pulled over by the cops.. what does You think would happen? Would the cops understand it is a legal drug and could not charge or take your supplies.. or would they think its a kind of cannabis and drag your ass away?

2. singular

singular Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    i think down there in the usa there are some states where its illigal? i think depending on where and what cop pulls you over they would take the bong, but if the salvia is out in the open they may try to put some charge on you. sorta like how you can get charged for having liquor in the open, if its sealed or not

3. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I was at a party store giving someone some salvia and some dick thought swims were suspicious and called the cops. Cops put swim in the back of the car and swim just told the truth and told them it was legal in this state. Cops called a special NARC and he confirmed the legality and I was let go, with his salvia. The NARC did say he was going to test it for THC and I said if he wanted to waste tax dollars fine. The cops were unusally cool and actually called swim cool and honest. The NARC was a dick. Probably pissed he could not bust swim.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  4. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Ya I would have no apprehension if pulled carrying salvia. Explain your case truthfully , honestly , and maturely and You should have no problems.

5. unconditionaldl

unconditionaldl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    I was not aware that the cops could confiscate your bong or pipe:O.. Salvia is legal in the uk, but i heavily doubt the cops would believe SWIM it was legal.

6. singular

singular Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    well they can take the bong/pipe if it has been used for weed

7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    You should not attempt to drive while using salvia. It's as simple as that. Keep the bong at home.

8. unconditionaldl

unconditionaldl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    Nah I do not mean driving, passenger ;)

9. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have often wondered this. Swim figures its legal but the chances of the police man letting him walk off with it are slim. I would have though he would take it on the off chance - If swim stoped anyone, I would take it.

10. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That still wouldn't be the brightest idea, especially in the US. Simply combining salvia and vehicles together is insinuating enough for many people, even if no one was planning on driving. I dont think we need more reasons for anti-drug proponents to cry out for Salvia prohibition, and I don't think being in a contained space like a car - whether moving or not - would be very conducive to a good experience with Salvia.

In general, I couldn't imagine being caught while consuming or tripping off of Salvia because he can't see himself using it in such a setting where that would be very likely. Being in a public space where police would frequent would probably be too anxiety provoking for swim to have any desire to smoke Sally at that time. Its better to leave it to more secluded or private areas. Otherwise, if I did happen to encounter police while using Salvia he would hope he was smart enough to have a sitter who could explain things without mucking it up.

11. bcubed

bcubed Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
    I would suggest that there's no percentage in looking like a stoner to a cop, putting yourself in a position to have to argue your way out of it...unless you's idea of a good time is to be able to say "Ha, ha can't bust me, pig!" I was in a similar situation years ago, going to a concert in a buddy's custom van, licensed as a "motor home" and thus (supposedly) legal to have an open container in back. We still hid the beers just to avoid difficulty.

I am going to have a seperate pipe, just for sally.

SWIM also wants to know (as alluded to) could you even be prosecuted for DWI if pulled over? Yes, he knows not to do it, but if he smoked like 3 hrs ago and had come down, could he be prosecuted based on a blood test?

12. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I do not know of any blood or pee tests for sally. Swim heard(or read) somewhere that a test for sally is unlikely to even be made because its unlikely to be testable? I am not to sure about the second sentence maybe some other I will shed some light on that.

13. M-Lin

M-Lin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was out with a girl who took too much MDMA, resulting in a fit and the police (and ambulance) were called. This person had nothing on them and only cared at that point about her health so told the police she had taken MDMA, to which all 9 officers asked "what is that?"

My point is, although Salvia is legal, waving it in a cops face could still ruin your night.

14. ojos_de_brujo

ojos_de_brujo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Lucky Swiy's. In Swim's country narcs and politicians enjoy themselves reading internet drugfora and making everything illegal as soon as they hear about it.

15. johnny_socko

johnny_socko Newbie

Reputation Points:
    -

Isn't that f*cked up ? SWIWe search and search for lovely mind altering substances and when found, there is a grace period and then they are made illegal by people who don't use them. What ever happened to "Live and Let Live" ? SWIM resides in the USA, (home of the used to be free) can't SWIWe have just one state that will be legal for all reasonable drugs ? Oops, wait a minute that would mean 30-50% of all residing people in the country would move there. err... damn, the concept almost worked.;) Seriously, imagine going into a "Hype" lounge and the waiter/dealer hands you a menu and says the Red Bud is fresh Sir and the China White is sublime today, highly recommended. Of course, you would have pharmaceutical grade drugs w/a M.D. there to administer. The Perfect Setting. Hey if SWIM's gonna dream, might as well and dream BIG !

-

BTW, SWIM only puts his glass bong, SallyD and torch in the car when the event is scheduled for a different locale. Friends house or the woods ect... Not for the "traveling experience". That is best and more manageable on LSD w/a totally sober driver. In fact, SWIM freaked out nicely the few times it has happened. :crazy

-
    JS

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
  16. senorsalvia

senorsalvia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I had a run in with the police in a city park. I was observed drinking from an open can of beer by an painclothes undercover cop... Cop ID's Swim and tells him he's goin to jail if he has had an open container charge before.. Swim came back clean from radio check... Then, cop says he has to call a uniformed officer to the scene to frisk Swim... Swim tells the narc that " Nah, you don't have to call a uniformed officer, you also have no reason to pat me down if I am not being arrested"... The narc ignored Swim, and radioed for a uniform car.... Within a minute, one pulled up... Narc had swim spread 'em on the hood... The uniform found a potato-chip bag in My jeans that contained 3-4 grams of 8X Sally... Both cops started doing the "what do we have here" dance... Swim told them point blank it was a legal herb, that he smoked it, and they were free to test it if they wanted.... The unifrm got a kit out of his trunk and handed it to the narc... Narc poured about a 1/4 gram of my 8X into this liquid filled container and shook it up... """ It's not turning color John""" the narc says to the uniform... Swim just dryly repeated that it was a legal herb, and added "" now that you are done wasting some of my smoke, can I have my stash back and be on my way?""" The narc looked nervous and poured about another gram of my herb into that tester and began shaking it.... Swim said " Hey man, that shit costs money... Either charge me with possession of an illegal drug or gimme my stuff... The narc shook his head, both surprised at the test result and at swim in general.... "What did you say this stuff is? He asked .... Swim extended his hand.... "It's mine, it's legal", said Swim... Nark handed Swim back his Sally, and of course, a ticket to appear on My' open beer.... I had to pay $140 IN COURT COSTS :eek: :cool:

17. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM also had a run in with the police. Back then he did not know his rights so him and his friends were searched. SWIM's friend had salvia leaves on him, and the cop had no clue what it was. SWIM explained what it was to her. Not knowing what the hell it was, she confiscated it and said she'd take it to the labs. But no charges.

As for the bong, only if they suspect and illegal drug being smoked out of it, will they take it, and then break it. However, even though salvia doesn't smell like weed, they prolly won't care, it's their word over you's.

But yeah, best way is to explain that it is salvia, and that You has every right. In fact, it's best that You not get searched in the first place. Don't let cops search the vehicle. Unless of course they smell the salvia, just explain it to them, but still do not let them search. If they don't know what it is, make them look it up first before searching the vehicle, otherwise You is still giving them consent to search.

18. LizardKing27

LizardKing27 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had salvia while walking around town one day dressed in his punker gear and the cops stoped SWIM, searched him...and he let them because salvia is legal...I was still arrested, kicked out of school and thrown in jail for 8 days...I tried to tell them...but they dont listen to people like him...

19. ams914

ams914 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    in the US dude, salvia is legal if your 18 or older, its treated just like smoking. it is only illegal in three states, i dunno which ones. the bong is questionable though because it can be used for pot so unless your on salvia and driving i think your probably ok.

20. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I do not believe this is correct. It's not just people 18 and older. In most states, salvia is COMPLETELY UNREGULATED!! That means a kid can have salvia, smoke it, share it, buy it....and sell it (as long as it's not for ingestion purposes cus that falls under some other law...wait...can a minor even legally sell stuff?).

The only reason most people think You needs to be 18 to possess salvia is because no head shops or online sites sell it to minors...and there's a good reason for that.

But basically here in CA, sal is unregulated, COPS will probably confiscate it anyways, and it's best to let them, because You probably did something else to get stopped by them. However, if the COPS are using the full extent of the law against You (aka, not showing officer disgression), then use you's law power and say it is salvia and legal. Any evidence they take in they must document, it can be given back. If You is a minor however, SWIM doubts You will want it back....mostly cus of parents.

For a full list of what states salvia is legal in, check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Salvia_divinorum

Sal-A.