If you are going to visit coffeeshops, read this.

Discussion in 'Coffeeshops' started by Alfa, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    If the coffeeshop has a internet pc, as many do nowadays, please take minute to make your favourite Drugs Forum, the start page of the computer, so that more tokers get introduced to Drugs Forum.
    Also add a shortcut to Drugs Forum on the desktop. This way you are helping us grow.

Many thanks!

1. 3/5,
      Good Idea
      Dec 4, 2008
  2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Alfa, seems like a good idea but SWIM wonders -- are tokers really interested in "drugs in general" or is it more a casual subculture with less emphasis on the drug itself and more on just being high with friends and having a good time.

It reminds SWIM of the average cell-phone user, who won't want to post on a forum dedicated to the inner workings of cell phones... they just want to make a call. Same perhaps with most tokers, beyond the initial score (easy over there) they just want to feel good & connect with friends.

But of course there will be some who get into the 'nuts & bolts' (as in every area of life) and become drugs-forum regulars. Just thought it was worth mentioning though how there might be less than some might suspect.

3. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Not every drug user or every toker will be interested in a forum, or the internet for that matter. However those tokers which crawl behind the coffeeshop pc do have an interrest in drugs and the internet.

4. firebeastm

firebeastm Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from liberia
    [​IMG]
    really great idea, maybe it should be sticky ?

5. Descartesx

Descartesx Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Done!

1. 5/5,
      For doing and reviving a great idea
      Mar 26, 2011
  6. Descartesx

Descartesx Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Update: My fennec fox has recently been to Berlin- Germany. Berlin seems to have an array of internet cafes. The fox was quick to set the home-pages to drugs forum (with the owner's permission) The fox used these cafes nearly daily and so hopefully managed to get some more traffic here.

1. 4/5,
      bringing the site to the attention of certain circes of society can be benefical.
      Jul 3, 2014
  7. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Thanks. I hope that more members will do this.

8. Ouch

Ouch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My pug says that if you had some sort of flier that could be printed up, it could be put in places that drug users would find them....maybe a flier that you tear a little piece off the bottom and instead of there being a phone number there, put the web address. Just an idea....I'd check it out if I saw it in certain places (if I wasn't already a member). They could be put in some head shops and bars with permission or taken to the drug conventions....that would boost membership a lot, my pug thinks. She would definitely put some up, and has already been raving about the site to all the drug users she knows.

1. 4/5,
      Way to take initiative!
      Dec 1, 2011
  9. Erikmen

Erikmen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
  10. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    Coffeeshops that sell cannabis will also sell Hash.
    However make sure you not the difference between a Coffeeshop and a regular Coffee Shop.
    You cant walk into somewhere like Starbucks (or any other big branch coffee shop) and expect them to sell cannabis.

You will know the right type of CoffeeShop by the names, smells and most importantly by looking through the windows to see all the stoned people.

Also keep in mind that some places outside of Amsterdam will only sell to locals, i think they require some membership card. This problem does not seem to exist in Amsterdam city yet.

1. 4/5,
      important disambiguation: Coffeeshop / Coffee Shop
      Jul 3, 2014
  11. augustaB

augustaB Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The resident card system applies primarily to coffeeshops within easy reach of the Belgian and German borders. The only major city affected is Maastricht, where non-residents can no longer buy weed in coffeeshops.
    Smaller towns affected include Breda,Tilburg, Eindhoven and Venlo.
    Middelburg, Roosendaal, Bergen op Zoom, Terneuzen and Sas van Gent used to have coffeeshops, but local councils have managed to intimidate owners into closing down. They would of course been affected by the resident card scheme.
    It's all very regrettable from my point of view, but perhaps not final. With the legalization of cannabis in two US states and Uruguay the trend to repression might soon be reversed in Europe as well.