If you’ve ever used speed please help me

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Stephanie, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi! I’m in the last year of high school now, and I have to do a large project to graduate. For my project I have to investigate the influence of drugs on the brain. So I need to know what people feel when they use some kind of drug. I know that I can find everything on the internet about that, but I have to do my own research. And because I don’t want to try everything myself, I’m asking you this: What do you feel/ hear/ see etc. if you take speed?, so in short, what are your experiences whit it? You will help me a lot if you answer this!! Tnx, Stephanie

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
  2. Trish_24

Trish_24 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi! my name is Trish_24, I have been using drugs for awhile, I am trying to get off it because of the program I am doing at Native Education, which is a college. It was really good when I first tried speed,and weed because I got to the wieght and size I was before I was on Birth Control.Now that I am at that size, I want to really keep it by do this shit, but I can't because I want to reach my dreams and goals to become a youth counsellor. I really like this course so much.Please help me if you have any information on how to stop these stuff.

Thanks.

3. .::DefCon::.

.::DefCon::. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    speed is ideal when you need to stay up for a long time. people use it to go out to rave party's or to study even!

When I use speed myself, it lasts for about 6 hours. The first 2-3 hours you have a euphoric feeling, you feel powerful, important, self-confident, you feel happy & excited, and you've got plenty of energy(I'm not able to dance hard & fast enough at that time ;) ).

the final hours of the "trip" the only effect that lasts is insomnia, and that lasts for a LONG time (for me about 12 hours or longer)

also: during 1-2 days you have some sort of eating disorder. :p

4. dymo

dymo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In your research have you come across any prescriptin drugs that would produce a false positive in a drug test. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

5. subliime

subliime Newbie

Reputation Points:
    speed makes me feel good about myself. It also makes me very spontaneous which is not how I am normally. I don't think throughideas and they automatically seem like the best ideas in the world. I also can't stop talking and depending on how much I do, in the beginning I get a total body high. It's nice... ah.. I haven't done speed ina really really long time and I don't think I ever will again. I'm in school now and that's the whole reason I dropped out last year. When I'm coming down off speed my jaws grind and it's really hard to talk. When I do talk it's hard to understand what I'm saying b/c I can't enunciate well. My mouth doesn't want to work. Also, it causes a stiffness in joints and my hands and feet become very cold. Food tastes like cardboard.

6. Quitter99

Quitter99 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Stephanie,

it's a really good thing that you have not decided to do this drug. As of this moment, I am coming down from it, and have been scouring the internet for information on how to successfully quit. Too many people, myself included, take the drug before they have any idea how damaging it is. The only reason why I heard anything about this drug's ill effects is because the courts forced me to go to a residential rehab house for nine months, where they force-fed us the facts. This was SEVEN years after I first took the drug. Oh, friends would tell me it's way too dangerous, but I never thought of researching it myself so I would know firsthand, until NOW.

I first took meth in 1988, and was hooked for about a year and a half, with a month or two of breaks from it in between binges. I stopped becauseI didn't have any money because I was unemployed (and unemployable!) because I was still sufferring from the effects of the drug.I stayed unemployed for another year, worked for four months, and went back to unemployment for a year, worked for two years,and went back to unemployment SEVEN more years, and not more than two months after I got a job in9-01, since I had the money, did Igo back to coke and speed, and have been on for a month, then off for a month ever since. I can't tell you how it has impacted my ability to function at work, and I would be fired long ago, if I were notself-employed. This drug is getting serious with me, and I HAVE to quit.

It's enticement to me was my ability to get out of my shell, so to speak. I could talk for hours about anything, and not feel self-conscious. It gives you a sense of euphoria, and then, when you crash, you get the exact opposite effect; extreme depression, insomnia, paranoia, loss of courage, thoughts of utter doom, etc., which make you want to do more to avoid the ill effects. The drug's initial effects are highly aphrodisiacal, thus many end up combining their addiction to sex with their addiction to meth, which only makes things harder and more complicated. And the fact that it is so cheap is another reason it's so addictive.

What I found out: Your brain is made up of billions of nerve cells. Dopamine, which is a neurotransmitter (a chemical messenger that transmits messages between two nerve cells), is fooled by methamphetamines into thinking it is dopamine. Once the meth gets into the nerve cell, it causes the nerve cell to releasemuch ofits dopamine, causing the user to feel euphoric, stronger than Superman, etc. Theproblem with this isthat eventually, you crash, and to avoid the blues you get (described above), you want more meth. And meth can also effect two other neurotransmitters: serotonin, and norepinephrine, which, like dopamine, give you natural senses of pleasure. Eventually, if you use meth long and hard enough, you will scarcely derive pleasure from ANYTHING. That is the cold hard truth, so if you forget anything else I am writing, remember THAT.

How do I plan to quit? I'm going to go to lots of 12 step meetings, but that is not sufficient for me, as I've tried it before. I am also studying the scriptures in the Bible, which all of you have access to on the web, and am going to search for a Christian mentor to guide me along and help me fight this battle. There are specific Christian sites that deal directly with habitual sins that I found to be very powerful and promising. I don't want to thump the Bible on you all, I am just telling you what I am doing about this potentially life threatening addiction. Speed kills too.

Frank

7. Stephanie

Stephanie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey everybody, thank you very very much for answering my question, you've helped me a lot with my project, so again tnx!! Stephanie

8. Stephanie

Stephanie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey Frank, especially your story has had a great impact on me, thank you very muchfor sharingyour story with me, and I hope so much that you can finally fully get on the right way again. You have helped me a lot with my research, so thank you very much again, Stephanie

9. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I dont mean to sound rude, but this topic is a bit...odd..also you
    joined in Oct. of 2003 and have only made 15 posts... SHE'S A COP!

10. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Ease up, bud. We don't have any way of proving what she is or isn't, only speculation.
    Besides, if we want law enforcement to feel welcome enough here to become a greater part of the forum in the future, we must be a lot gentler in how we refer to them. "She's a cop," was a stereotype.

Some of them probably think "AAAAHHHHH- it's a junkie, great, where are they going stab me first with their HIV infected needle???" That's a stereotype.

We're all human, we all bleed.

11. Darkmaster

Darkmaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    and if you are a bleeder you bleed even more!

12. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well I am sorry,...I was merely making a joke in my statement earlier,
    but in hindsight I can understand why it might have been inappropriate.
    But I have read stuff that you (Manda) have said about having cops join
    the site and I think that would be awesome.

13. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Dear William Again- It is a good idea, I even think it could be acheived, but I have no idea how long it would take to find some willing ones. I think they may be out there, but finding them?
    Also, do you think it might upset some existing members?
    Checking credentials would be hard, and some would probably just come to spy.
    I wish this forum could do something forward, trend-setting, almost ground-breaking like that, though.
    I just can't see the two sides reaching that much of a happy medium, though. It would be like calling the law in and trusting them not to violate our confidences.
    I hate to say it, but after rethinking this subject, I don't see it happening. The few good ones that would want to help us are probably a handful of seven, scattered across the earth in different cities. [​IMG]

P.S. Sorry I missed your joke earlier! Edited by: manda