Combinations - Illegal Drugs + Prescription Meds combo

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by ~lostgurl~, Dec 24, 2004.

1. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Hi, I'm looking for any information on how SWIM's prescription medications could interact if combined with non-prescription drugs. I am switching anti-depressants next week from Citalopram 40mgs to Effexor XR (Venlafaxine) starting on 75mgs.

I am also prescribed with Zopiclone 15mgs, Clonazepam (Klonopin) 2mgs and Lithium 500mgs (daily) and has been known to smoke crystal meth (sometimes iv) and drink GBL on a semi regular basis.

I have had no problems taking her existing meds but she is worried Effexor may not react well with Crystal Meth or GBL.

Any advice/experience/information would be appreciated.

Cheers, lost

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  2. ~lostgurl~

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
  3. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Do be careful with venlafaxine(Effexor) - it's a highly stimulating med, and increased heart rate is a common side effect. I'd be very careful taking any non-prescription psychoactive with that combo of meds (I'm thinking more of why you're taking them more than any possible reactions...)- especially speed! Please be careful!

4. ~lostgurl~

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Thanks heaps for the advice Micklemouse, I will definately watch out for increased heart rate, she has been takiing Venlafaxine/Effexor for a week or so now and hasn't really noticed anything different, but then again she is usually high so I suppose she wouldn't. It is really hard to find anybody, anywhere with the same or even similar drug intake to SWIM, so I really appreciate you taking the time to reply,

Cheers Laura

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  5. midnight2

midnight2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Illegal Drugs + Prescription Meds combo

Hello Folks and thanks for being here.

My quick question is if prescribed Effexor should still be taken when injecting meth.

My PINK bunny can't figure it out.

Thanks for any input.

Midnight2

6. Helper1234

Helper1234 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

A friend of mine used to take Vicodin, drink alot, and smoke meth while on many prescribed meds. This person i speak of has been very fortunate not to totally destroy the liver. Please read at least the info paper that might come with drug or spend 10 min looking it up from a reliable source on internet.
    Don't trust anyone about your testing of these things unless they are a true doctor. Kids mix pills in a bowl at parties now i heard and just start taking them. Very dangerous ground you tread upon if you just hope for the best. This is real life stuff and you need to be aware of yourself and the special being you are. Take some time to research and consider things from there. And please, whatever you do, don't research and make a decision when you are under the influence.
    I wish i could give more specifics about topic but i figured this might be ok for my first post. yes, i'm a newbie to forum hehe. Best of luck to you. (i truly mean that).

7. BrendonAZ09

BrendonAZ09 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I would say be carefull, but my friend swim really does not care because he did a gram of cocaine which he mixed with 20mgs of oxycontin, the cocaine was cut heavely with methamphetamine. If your a dumbass like me just do it, but i advise you to do research before hand so you know it wont lead to instant heart attack.

8. profesor

profesor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.

I'm sorry lostgurl, but that has to be one of the crazier questions I've seen here. It's a little like saying "Hi, I've been smoking crack and mainlining herion, do you think I should switch to decaf coffee?" Meth is one of the most harmful drugs you can take, and GBH isn't much better, although probably a whole lot less addictive. The damage these drugs will do to you makes it rather unimportant if you're taking Effexor or not. I admit there have been times I was taking meds just for appearance's sake, while seriously binging on my drugs of choice, but really you have to face the fact that you might as well be throwing the meds away. I'm guessing you haven't told your pshrink about your drug use. You might as well tell him or her, and let the medical professionals figure out how to work around your drug use. If not, why go to a psychiatrist at all?