Saliva Test I’m Frustrated! False positive saliva test for cocaine

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by getmondo, Feb 2, 2005.

1. getmondo

getmondo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hello people!

I have registered to get some sort of answer to a big problem that i have. Heres my situation, i am currently on probation for 5 years. When i did the crime i was high on weed so it is mandatory that i go to group meeting with a conselour 2 days a week. I no longer do drugs and havent for the past 10 months. I took a saliva cotton swab test a month ago and it came back positve for coke. I never touched the stuff in my life so this got me wondering. I was thinking maybe wehn i bummed a cig off of a stranger it might of had coke in it. THen i take another test last week and it came back positive again for coke. Now im pissed because i know for a fact that i do not do coke or any other drugs. well today i took another test and my conselour said that if this is positive again i will have to go a facility for 28 days. My question is what can this possibly be that my tests keep coming back positive for coke if i don not use at all? I do not deal the stuff, i dont touch it at all. Someone out there please help me. It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. GerhardV

GerhardV Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sometimes the following conditions cause false positives:

Kidney infection (kidney disease)
    Liver infection (liver disease)
    Diabetes
    Amoxicillin, tonic water
    (erowid.org)

Maybe you should see your doctor and tell him about your problem so he can test you for the above diseases. Maybe taking a blood or hair test wouldn't cause false positives so you can ask to take one of those?

3. Patrick131

Patrick131 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    damn that sucks bro i wish i could help

4. joemomma

joemomma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ya I would definatly talk to a doctor that would probly be youre best bet

5. The Boss

The Boss Newbie

Reputation Points:
    First Amoxicillin and tonic water are not diseases they are in fact medications, amox is an alternative for penecillin in some cases and tonic water is also a medication but my memory is kind of blury on what its used to treat. Also, have you been to the dentist recently? Or before the tests? The shot they give you to numb your gumbs is often a false positive for cocaine because the metabolytes are so similar when broken down inside the body and unfortunatly the tests arnt exact enough to determine what exactly was used. Also, have you had a toothache and used orajel? It contains benzocaine which could be the reason you failed the oral swab and if not id tell them it is ^_^ i passed a number of tests when i was puttin powder on the end of a cig instead of snorting it. Just tell them you were cleaning your room and found an orajel tube and looked at it and as you were picking it up you notice benzocaine on it and ask if that would cause a failed test (dont use the word false positve as they will think you are knoligable on passing drug tests and wont believe you).

6. The Boss

The Boss Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh yeah i nearly forgot, Procaine and butacaine also provide false positives, ever wonder why it says on the back of the orajel tube "In case of overdose consult a doctor immediantly"? Well, just take a wild guess... and dont go eat the shit expecting to get high because it would require so much your insides would be eatin to shit and back only to realize they added the numbing ingrediant in cocaine to produce the numb and none of the shit that gets you high.

7. snowmizer

snowmizer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ask for a more accurate test. Sounds like you are taking a field test. If you truly have not been using, they can usually do a more accurate test.

8. snowmizer

snowmizer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh yeah for 28 days penalty I would definetely at this point

#1 Hire an Attorney - dont say you cant afford it. find a way. You are on probation, and if you get violated, this will be horrible thing that will haunt you now, and later especially if you get convicted again

#2 Im sure your Attorney will suggest you go to a 3rd party lab for verification. Im not positive, but I think the test you wnat is urine with gas spectromography. Im not sure about that, so check into it.

Have you ever considered that maybe someone is setting you up?