I'm hyper when i'm stoned?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Alexandurr, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Alexandurr

Alexandurr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Missouri
    Look, I LOVE my weed and spend 90% of my time at least medicated with THC.

But I've always noticed I get more energetic and talkative when I'm stoned.

There have been times my we'll smoke blunt after blunt back to back (usually because I'm chilling with family that like to get HELLA stoned.)
    Everyone be sitting back trying to chill, and I'm going in circles doing and saying random shit.

I am prescribed stimulants for ADHD-combined inattentive/hyperactive. But they have a calming effect, and I have a LOT of experience with both drugs individually.

I should add I have pretty serious depression/anxiety. I try to use weed medically more than anything.

And I've noticed that when my anxiety is high, I actually might seek calmer and more reserved. And of course, there's the depression, which just looks like moping.

So that's one theory of why weed effects me like it does. I love it, I feel like it has saved my life. And if I wanna talk my own ear off and clean the house so what?

It's 420 somewhere. Stay stoned, guys!

2. SirDabathin

SirDabathin Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    20 y/o from Michigan, United States
    Ever since I stopped taking Concerta, a medication meant to mitigate the symptoms of ADHD and started smoking cannabis my symptoms of the disease which I was diagnosed with are transparent. Though sometimes a tinge of attention deficit falls through, otherwise I feel very normal. However I stopped taking my prescribed pills pushed by big pharma and began to take homeopathic substitutes, which overall did not mimic the side effects I would receive from the original medication. Side effects for me would include stunted growth, loss in appetite, poor motivation for social integration of my surroundings, and pale skin complexion.

Even with medication ADHD can still have lingering traits in the psyche, especially noticeable when analyzing a conversation between an unburdened individual and a patient with ADHD. I notice it even in my conversations today. The best steps to avoid the symptoms of ADHD is to eat a balanced diet, I like to eat paleolithic because it is how our ancestors used to eat when we were hunter gather type species. One special trait that we do have however is to cancel out the surrounding background to whatever we are trying to focus on. I do this daily when I listen to audible while I drive my delivery vehicle. At least until I have to honk my horn at whoever is not responding to a green light for more than 5 seconds. Sometimes I wish I had a feces projectile gun so I could just aim it out my window and hit their rear windshield, maybe that would motivate their attention.

Would you say that the depression and anxiety is derived from the cannabis smoking, or is there some extricular event or force in your life that is causing you these symptoms. If you feel necessary I would visit a therapist for at least 2 months to maybe pinpoint what is causing the depression and anxiety. Even in my opinion therapy can only do so much for an individual. Try stopping your cannabis use for a month to see if you experience the expelling of said symptoms.

I always find myself going on infinite tangents whenever I smoke cannabis, especially whenever I smoke a sativa strain, if it is a lot of indica then I will have the motivation to speak, it may just come out with more grammatical errors than usual. Nothing out of the ordinary there, cannabis to my mind is a catalyst of the creative/expressive mind, conversation is a playground for cannabis so there is second thought to desiring a typhoon of conversation.

I would stop smoking to help your anxiety and depression, if you use cannabis medically do you have a prescription for it written by doctor? In my experience with smoking cannabis, smoking while depressed or anxious only perpetuates the symptoms.

Right so what, you are an adult and should have the diligence to make your own responsible decisions, who cares if you smoke, who has a problem with it in the first place?

3. Alexandurr

Alexandurr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Missouri
    Hey!
    Awesome input. I can tell you're really knowledgeable about ADHD and it's medication.
    I have been really wanting to learn more about alternative medication, would you mind DMing me so I can get some more info?

My mental health issues are actually pretty severe, chronic, and complex.
    On top of my ADHD (tested as severe twice), I have Complex-PTSD, generalized anxiety, major depression, and Dissociative Identity Disorder. (It used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder. No, not like any of those movies you're thinking about. They're almost 100% BS.)

The anxiety and depression are honestly byproducts of those main disorders.

I started smoking weed at 13, I'm 24 now. I have had 4-5 of those years with hardly any use, and at least 3 years of complete abstinence.

I definitely notice a difference in attention, but it's pretty impaired regardless of rather I smoke or not.

I would say without weed my hyperactivity turns more into restless anxious energy, weed just helps me feel comfortable.

And everyone knows the more comfortable I am the more lively I am.

I might have answered my own question. Huh, well, I enjoy everyone's input! Sorry for the tangent lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019