Injecting - IM ketamine....liquid or crystal?

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by raven3davis, Feb 13, 2006.

1. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Okay I have searched the forums and found no information concerning this particular issue. I have never used any dissiciatives except a small DXM trip. His friend wanted to try K but wanted SWIM to ask a question before he dove in.

my friend wanted to know is it better to just inject the liquid or to evaporate it down and then carefully meausure the dose and inject. my friend knows that the special k is 100mg/ml so 1ml (100mg) is about all he wants to try the first time. My friend has seen the syringe he will use and it looks like it might be hard to vary doses with a syringe. .1ml of the liquid would be 10mg of ket. What if My friend wanted to inject 90mg? It just seems like it would be hard to perfectly measure 1.1ml. So is it best to just measure as carefully as possible, or can the liquid be dissolved, crystals measures on mg scale and then redissolved. Any exerienced K uses have an opinion on this subject? It seems that leaving in liquid form would be quite convenient but the difference between 1ml and 1.1ml might be hard to differtiate. Maybe not though. any suggestions?

2. treefingers49

treefingers49 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    First of all, what kind of syringes are you using? I use a 25g 3ml syringe, and it's VERY easy to measure to .1ml.

second, it would NOT be a good idea to evaporate the liquid to IM ketamine. There are to many chances to end up with an impure product that could lead to nasty infections. I imagine you got a vial, which is already sterile and meant for injection. I'm guessing you need better syringes.

3. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Just don't SHARE the syringe with anyone....

4. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Hmm I havent seen the syringes yet but they are more than 3ml. I am unsure though but it seems that they are more like 7ml. These are used for diabetics so maybe a different kind of needle will be used. Thanks for the help...........and I will not be sharing any needles!

5. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    if syringes are that big, you could use one to pull back sterile water, and then pull up some ketamine--making a diluted syringe of K. Be sure and pull back some air and then shake up the syringe to mix it.

When you want to IM the K, just remove the needle from this syringe and then insert your new needle into the 1st needle's needle-hole and pull back however much you need of the diluted K. This would make measurements more accurate since accuracy is what you were worried about originally.
    -Dick

6. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Raven, I really wouldn't recommend IMing ketamine if you've never taken it before and are inexperienced with dissociatives. If SwiR has the liquid, evaparate it down and start with insufflating little bumps to see how you go. Ketamine is something worthy of respect and definitely not something to go into all guns blazing - get to know her before you start thinking about injecting; never done it, (IM that is) but it's by all accounts a very different experience and intense ride, not for the inexperienced or fainthearted. Check out Erowid's Ketamine vault for more info. if you are going to inject though, you'd be better off using straight from the vial rather than evaporating then re-cooking, and go for a big muscle - upper quadrant buttock'd be your best bet.

7. treefingers49

Reputation Points:
    I would not dilute the ketamine with sterile water as this would increase the amount of liquid you would have to inject. You do not want to inject much more than a milliliter in any muscle, and in any case, the less liquid the better. I would recommend the quad for lack of veins, and the fact that it's a large muscle and can handle IM injections well. Very hard to screw up an injection in the quad.

In response to Micklemouse's post, SWIM first used ketamine IM at a dose of 80mg, which was enough to have an OOBE for him. I have also seen five different friends first use ketamine (with no previous experience with dissociatives) at doses between 80-100mg, and all had extremely positive experiences. It is a very intense and overpowering drug, but it in my experience, is an easy drug to go with.

8. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    I was planning on doing 100mg. He is going off erowids figure for .75mg/lb so SWIM I think 100mg would be K-hole level or possibly right below it. He normally is not very sensitive to drugs but this will be his first go with special K! Oh and in response to you saying I should not inject it, trust him, he has done his research and knows how powerful of a substance this is. Even though he has not had any experience with K, he has had plenty experience with just about everything else and he knows you must respect a drug and must be in a controlled enviroment. I have heard from most people that snorting K is a waste and you must do much more to reach the K hole. Some people report needing over 200mg to achieve the desired effects. That would only be 5 doses in a vial compared to ten if IM injection was done.

Treefingers, you say that you first used it at 80mg and your friends used 80-100mg. Did you mean IM injection? I was told he would need about 125mg to reach the k hole (erowids estimate), so he figured he would just do a bit less, like 100mg. He has been asking lots of people about special K and most people say that 100mg is a perfect starting dose. A popular opinion is that strong doses that do not send you to the k hole are just wierd and confusing. The K hole is definitely where it is at. SWIM might start with a low dose but he is not being irresponsible here. He is ready for anything this powerful substance is going to do to him.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  9. treefingers49

Reputation Points:
    As I said, I used ketamine only by IM, he too heard that one could not feel ketamine's full effects unless injected.

80mg was for SWIM a threshold k-hole experience. He was completely out of body and did not even remember taking a drug for much of the experience. my friends took between 80-100mg and 2 out of the 5 had k-hole experiences. the other 3 came close, and had wonderful experiences.