1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Question - I'm tripping hard i just need help

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by MaxyB14, May 28, 2017.

1. MaxyB14

MaxyB14 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    18 y/o from Ontario, Canada
    Simple question how do I stop this nausea feeling.
    I ate a bag of mushroom like shake am hour ago. This is my second time tripping. Lol but like I'm tripping hard right now and i just want the nausea feeling to stop any tips

2. Budgetadvisoryservice

Budgetadvisoryservice Blue Water Scum Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from On the bay
    In my experience, it will pass in time.

Tryptamines, the family of chemicals which include the active ingredients in magic mushrooms (mostly psilocin and it's prodrug, psilocybin) effect more than just your brain. There are receptors in the gut which are effected by these compounds and, as the drug effects those receptors, it can induce an unsettled feeling and nausea.

Mushroom bodies can also be quite hard work for you to digest. This is kind of an unavoidable side effect of eating whole mushrooms of that type.

The best remedy I've found for that queasy feeling and the uncomfortable body load of the mushroom come up is to wait it out. The second best thing I've tried is to drink something with ginger in it, such as ginger tea with lemon and honey, ginger beer or ginger ale. Ginger is an excellent remedy for nausea (some find it better than any OTC medication).

The third and last resort is to stick your fingers down your threat to induce vomiting. As you're already tripping, you're not gonna really lose anything by doing so. Vomiting isn't something most people enjoy though, myself included, so the first option of just waiting it out might be best.

Good luck.

3. JaneGault

JaneGault Always Seeking Knowledge Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Nomadic
    @Budgetadvisoryservice is absolutely right about ginger. I take low dose chemotherapy meds which cause nausea. Ginger does the trick every time. I keep ginger teabags on hand.

Hope you feel better soon.

4. Giorgio Ripley

Giorgio Ripley Newbie

Reputation Points:
    80 y/o from Brazil
    I ate about 2g yesterday for my first trip and became a mess of vomiting and confusion for about two hours. Then later the nĂ¡usea stopped and it felt like i was in the afterglow people talk about. Is that normal?

5. Silly Owl

Silly Owl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from UK
    Hey Maxy, how are you feeling? They are right about Ginger, really helps soothe stomach problems. I use it when I have a hangover.

6. Scrofula

Scrofula Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from California
    Glad you're better.

Usually shroom guts go away pretty fast (20 minutes), at least in my experience, and afterglow comes the next day, assuming you sleep. Makes me suspicious of your shrooms, although after two hours of vomiting, having it finally end might feel like afterglow. Two grams should have given you a pretty good psychedelic experience, how was that?

I've heard, that grinding them (like coffee grinder/food processor) and putting the powder in gel caps, and taking oral or plugging helps with that, (but it seems like way too much powder and a lot of caps). For the future, you might consider looking that up.

Ginger: what form do you guys @Silly Owl use? My mother goes for ginger cookies, which probably don't have any actual ginger. @JaneGault Do you just drink the ginger tea? (I know, but seems too easy). And, I guess, is there a specific one, because I worry about just ginger-flavored tea being a placebo.

7. JaneGault

JaneGault Always Seeking Knowledge Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Nomadic
    @Scrofula

I just buy the ginger tea bags. They have them in grocery stores in the "natural/health food" department. Health food stores would also work. Just check the ingredients to make sure actual ginger is used. When out of tea bags, I have added a few shakes of ground ginger to hot tea.

Mom is right, ginger snaps work. I just don't want them when nauseous.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  8. Silly Owl

Silly Owl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from UK
    I drink Ginger Tea from a tea bag :) Yes, just put the tea bag in the mug and fill with boiled water. I like a little sugar too :D

9. MaxyB14

MaxyB14 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thank you guys for all the tips. When I was tripping after I made this post I ended up going out into my backyard. The fresh air helped with the nausea. I also whipped out the bong and smoked a bowl. I found the weed helped a bit with the nausea. eventually it passed and I spent hours outside, laying by the pool and enjoying music.

Next time I have shtooms I'll be sure to try having some ginger tea.

10. Silly Owl

Silly Owl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from UK
    No problem at all Maxy! Did you enjoy it when you weren't feeling ill?

11. MaxyB14

MaxyB14 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes I did alot! I just sat by the pool continued to smoke weed, listen to music and just stare into the sky. I was outside for hours and eventually I realized it was 12 AM. So I went back inside, ate some food and went to bed! :D