1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Addiction - I'm weak on week 3. How much longer for withdrawal!?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by WrathMan6789, Jul 31, 2017.

1. WrathMan6789

WrathMan6789 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from Murica
    I spent 5 months everyday taking the ice through the nose. I am on week 3 of withdrawal. I haven't produced a single happy feeling since I've been off. I feel like insanity is creeping up on me just like the final weeks of the ice. How much longer until I can be happy? I don't know if I can make it. Just today I tried some coffee, and now I can't even feel half my body. I can't even feel the willpower to go eat. I just want to sleep all day today. I spent all of week 1 sleeping, and now this. I don't know if I'll even make it. I'm terrified of this world even more now.

My usual dose was .05 g a day for 4 months, then my last 3 weeks were .25 g separated through each day. I Don't know if that helps.

2. xyZyx

xyZyx Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Ohio, United States
    I used almost every day for over a year without taking more than a day or two off here and there. So I'm sure you can imagine the state I was in - malnourished, severely sleep deprived, heavy psychosis etc.

After a grueling turn of events in my life where my safety and financial security were seriously at risk, I quit cold turkey. Took a solid month to even begin to feel human again. Like you, I slept A LOT. Into the second month, I finally was able to see the light again. You'll get there though trust me. Consistent sleeping and eating patterns along with daily vitamins will help immensely.

The great thing about meth as opposed to opiates, is its more of a recovery than withdrawal you experience. Stay strong, keep your mind busy and STAY AWAY from people/things that will trigger a craving.

3. 2ateup

2ateup Donating Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from Western
    We're supposed to UTFSE to see if our questions have been asked and answered already. I'm on day 2 of my first experience with meth withdrawals after 2 years. I UTFSE with the same question yesterday and unfortunately it sounds like it's going to suck. Mary Jane helps a lot

4. teerios

teerios Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from New Mexico
    I'm also on week 3... I'm irritable, exhausted... & I feel sad and suspicious alllll the fuckin' time. I've been smoking lots of hash. I sleep a lot. I try to drink as much coffee as I can, because it feels like I was hit by a bus every time I wake up, LOL.

I've been thru this a million times and it's usually always this devastating and miserable.... I'm a baby :(

Buuuuut , please try 5-htp. It helps a lot with the mental effects of meth withdrawal. It has worked wonders on me. I took it after being totallly psychotic from an IV Meth binge that lasted 6 months straight, and it really helped build my serotonin back up and helped me be way less depressed and anxious. The happier you are, the more motivated you can become as a person. It really saved me. Along with a shit ton of other multi daily vitamins I took. Shards are poison basically, they deplete everything your body/mind need to be healthy. :eek:

Also, I drink fuck tons of green tea. And Epsom salt baths help soak the toxins and shit out of your skin. And it works wonders for the soreness. Baths are just generally a good time, imo. Get in there like twice a week if you can. It'll be worth it.

I'm right there with ya... I know it sucks a thousand fucks.... but we will get there. o_O msg me if you ever wanna talk! Support is key.

5. teerios

teerios Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from New Mexico
    I commend yooooooou. I was about the same, dude. It gets bad. Total respect for this post.

It's kinda like nihilism. You have to destroy everything in order to build it again. Better and stronger. It's a learning experience. It definitely builds character, as well. Recovery makes us superhuman almost. Once we overcome our withdrawals/cravings and such, everything else in life seems trivial.

6. xyZyx

xyZyx Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I sometimes hate that I have a relationship with this substance but, without it, I wouldn’t be who I am now. I can now manage my use of meth, pot, cigs way better than I ever could. I don’t always give into cravings and can easily say no if I know I should.

Drugs in general can have very beneficial effects with getting to know yourself and, like you said, build character. You just need to be informed about whatever substance you plan to use BEFORE using it. Everything in moderation friends! :)

7. Bblm

Bblm Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from California, United States
    I used meth from November 2016 - March 2017. Before that, I only did it once several years ago.
    I'm am also prescribed Adderall, which lost almost all effect after the meth usage began.
    I take the Adderall anyway, in hope it will treat the depression I currently have (I am prescribed it off-label for depression), but it seems it's just prolonging my recovery from what the meth did to me.
    I feel my only option is to stop all drugs to see if I get better.
    I feel blank, unmotivated, fatigued, useless, etc. I see that xyZyx said after one month, you see the "light". I sure hope so. The most I've gone without a stimulant lately is 16 days, and I still felt no emotion or anything positive.
    My question is, how many months total did it take any of you to feel completely "normal" after quitting, and also do you think Adderall will ever work for me again for treating my depression, because Adderall helps where no other pharmaceutical could for me. Also, I have no interest in using meth ever again. It's too powerful and harmful to me. I've never been so suicidal from any substance.
    Thank you.

8. xyZyx

xyZyx Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Read about HGH Dopa. Its a natural supplement that helps regulate your levels of dopamine. I’ve seen it talked about a lot on these forums and it seems to help people recovering from stimulant abuse. I, however, have no experience with it but thought I’d pass along some knowledge!

9. titaniumhunter

titaniumhunter Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    WrathMan hang in there. There is no magic number of days or months of sobriety for a happy feeling to occur.
    But if you were happy before, you will be happy again.

I hesitate to tell you how long it took me as I don't want you to think that my recovery is standard. There are just way too many variables involved.
    But here you go.I didn't choose to quit using meth, it stopped working for me. No decline in effect prior to stopping either. I was a snorter with a couple of episodes of smoking for about 3 -3.5 years.I always got high, never hit the use-to-be-normal stage.Then one day,no reaction. So I changed my ROA & shot up instead of snorting. . Nothing. I shot up more....nothing. I called my source, he was horrified....there was nothing wrong with the meth. It was me, I'd totally burned out my dopamine making system.
    For about 3 weeks all I could do was eat and sleep and I could take on no work. Then for about three months I worked part time,got a dog and walked a lot-like 10 -15 miles a day,on days off more, while still eating a lot & seeping allot.
    For a year or so I was depressed,very bleakly depressed, first & last time in my whole life...suicidal ideation and all that.
    But I knew i was recovering because I no longer was depleting and damaging my neurotransmitter systems in such a dramatic way.
    I think you have to reach a threshold level of the biochemicals to feel the positive effect. And i think that threshold may vary from person to person.
    Try to keep that in mind. Everyday you are getting better even if you don't feel it yet.
    You are getting better at the biochemical level and at some point in the the future this will translate into good times.
    A few at first then many many more to come after.
    So for me, it was about a year, then one day the depression lifted. Wa la, it was gone.
    And I will never put myself through that again. I no longer eat crazily , I now have insomnia, work more than full time,I still walk a lot [Average 11/day] and I am very content and at peace.
    You are much younger than I was [I was in my 50's]. People in their 20's heal much faster than those in their 50's so I'd hazard a guess that my recovery is more like a worse case scenario than your's will be. But as I said in the begining there many variables that effect recovery times.
    Read up, take supplements, exercise,eat healthy,don't use.