IM'ing Heroin, is it effective?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Jonro, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Jonro

Jonro Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    what are ppls thoughts on this? is the rate of absorbtion to slow to be effective?

2. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.
    Im'ing heroin will work but it seems to take about half to an hour to take effect and the results aren't as potent as smoking or Iv'ing the drug plus it can leave horrible lumps on your body. Most people only resort to this if they have wrecked there veins, in swims opinion it is a last resort thing.

3. Thanatos

Thanatos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    Bad scene, this, considering the purity of most street 'junk' in this swim's humble opinion. Some areas on the left coast in U.S. admit numerous abscess cases daily from those simply 'trying to get it in, but miss.. god I can't imagine anyone putting that crap in any body tissue other than at least a semi-functioning vein...! Beware of any 'skin poping' or IM use of any street drug of unknown purity or absolute knowlege of all contents therein!
    Than

4. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swia agrees with above what ever you do not IM or IV black tar heroin or suspected badly cut H. The amount of threads and other sources that state how it is likely to cause infection is quite high.

5. brown_chunx

brown_chunx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim just IVd some shit that he later found out to be cut with baking soda. So if it cooks up all white and foggy rather than clear, I wouldn't reccommend using a needle at all (or using the dope)

6. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Let's say one has pure heroin, and that person doesn't want to IV, would IM'ing be even worth it or would chasing the dragon be preffered?

7. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Why IM if you don't want to IV? IM injections are more painful-- not worth it. Chasing the dragon is much more fun.

8. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I have only IM'ed ketamine so far, every time he did it he didn't feel any pain at all, neither when injecting or when the syringe went in.
    When injecting a salt(like diacetylmorphine hcl) dissolved in water in general one won't feel any pain, as long as it's a clean solution.
    SWIM can get pure diacetylmorphine but has never IV'ed before and certainly isn't planning on doing it with heroin, though he'll probaply go for chasing it.

9. methologist

methologist

Reputation Points:
    one can chase diacetylmorphine hydrochloride? i thought the only way to chase it would be using freebase heroin. But I dont know, he loves to IV but its hard for him to hit veins.

10. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Sorry, yes. One needs to have the freebase but it wouldn't be a problem to turn it into the freebase for SWIM. He'll probaply try that.

11. methologist

methologist

Reputation Points:
    would skin popping 80%+ pure heroin be okay? because he has trouble finding veins, or if he tries to hit a vein and misses would that still work?

12. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    It could cause an abscess, even 20% of adulterants is too much if one doesn't want to take any risks. Maybe do a clean up?

13. SwanSushi

SwanSushi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    IM'ing Heroin creates a slower, weaker high in the user. If you decide to IM Heroin (or anything else) do not inject more than 3-5 CCs in one spot before moving to another. Don't get freaked out if it burns a bit or you develop a lump at the injection site as that is normal and to be expected. Honestly though, if you have the rigs (and someone to watch after you if you lack experience) I would just go IV.

14. coryt

coryt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok as you can see I am a newbie and this is DEFIENTLY a newbie ?........i know IM injections are either in your ass or in your upper arm for a fact but can you IM anywhere on your body? also will a 1/2 in insulin syringe suffice? thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  15. OpiateWarrior

OpiateWarrior Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    No no no, you don't inject in your skin. 1) V. painful. 2) You won't get high. 3) Waste of gear. 4) Leaves lumps under the skin for months. 5) Why? Look, if you digg? then i.v. it! I have been using heroin for over 15yrs and been addicted for 11yrs, and every single H user he knows, plus himself would say a digg in the skin is a ''miss''. Meaning a waste, if your ''rattling''(withdrawing from H) and you score. You get home, cook up and then ''miss your digg''(miss the vein) then I would still be ''rough''(withdrawing). This way of H use is crazy to swim & swim's friends, any real H user will tell you ''skin popping'' and ''IM-ing'' is worse than the last resort. Smoke H, if You doesn't want to I.V.? I would always recommend smoking to anyone who isn't so far gone that they can't afford to smoke gear? and have to I.V. to get through the day without ''rattling''. If your want more proof not to I.V. heroin, unless you have to, then check out my profile album showing open, infected wounds from injecting cut H. You will need a strong stomach to view these photos.

1. 3/5,
      lots of good info to help out newbies to shooting
      Feb 11, 2008
  16. samuraigecko

samuraigecko Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    IMing Heroin is fine as long as it is pure, which will not happen with street Heroin. So there would be no point.

17. zero

zero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's been doing dope on and off for about 14-15 years as well. Here on the left coast it's almost all tar so not much of a choice. He says skin-popping=BAD whether you have white or black dope. IM'ing is a last resort to get well if you just CANNOT find a vein. It'll get you well if youre strung out but not high. People disagree but the only way to even get somewhat high from IM'ing is by throwing some coke in there with it. Either way its not good for the body,especially if youre a daily user... like SWIM... again.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  18. Solinari

Solinari Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It's known as 'muscle popping' in the UK (or at least Scotland where I am) and it is against the advice of UK drug services because they say it could allow any bacteria to take hold since the solution is in one place longer. A muscle or under the skin would be an ideal place for bacteria to start to multiply. Drug services say if you have no veins consider using other methods or contact your local drug service for advice.

Here is a quote from "A Guide to Safer Injecting"...

I had to type that out, I couldn't find the leaflet online, i'll type more of it up later.

I nearly forgot to add, there were several deaths a couple of years ago due to a flesh eating bacteria that killed a few "muscle poppers", they were the group at most risk, muscle and skin poppers (intramuscular and subcutaneous injecting). When the drug is put directly in to the blood stream then it flows around the system and white blood cells can immediately attack any bacteria (at least that's what I guess from my limited medical knowledge), I would avoid intramuscular or subcutaneous injecting unless the gear is very clean and you can get a reasonably sterile solution. I believe pharmaceutical grade IV preparations are treated to sterilise the stuff then some antimicrobial agents are added to increase the shelf life, but that is just guess work really.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  19. samuraigecko

samuraigecko Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    agreed, any bacterium that the cutting agents or even the drug itself because of how its made can cause serious problems just like a "miss" would. Everything from swelling of limbs, tissue and joint damage from infection or even infection to the point of a limb having to be amputated.

Pharmaceutical grade diamorphine has been used IM in the past for certain situations in the hospital but one is almost certain that this would be a long abolished practice since the first thing they do when you go into a hospital now is get a drip system inserted (if the medical case in question requires it) to keep one hydrated with saline and for easy administration of IV drugs through a convenient dosing line.

20. Solinari

Solinari Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I managed to find most of the guide but it's not in a very good format, the leaflet itself folds out to about and arms length with half of it written vertically, this is the step by step guide which you should still be able to see.

I will make it in a new post if that;s OK with everyone (Admins/mods?).