1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Important update on baking soda to mask drugs!

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by equitube, Jul 25, 2013.

1. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had a UA to pass today I wasn't expecting so I thought I'd cover all my bases having done meth two days ago. I took 300 mg of zinc
    c gluconate last night and this am. I took a creatinine supplement, coffee water then tried baking soda. I put 3tablespoons in water, drank it and managed to hold it down for abt 30 min. I vomited then got EXTREMELY sick. I had tingling in my arms, profuse sweating and waves of the most intensely painful bowel cramps I'd ever known. They came about every two minutes and left me writhing on the bathroom floor in a fetal position unable to move or speak except to scream occasionally and I can take a lot of pain.

I was praying for unconsciousness or even death. It was that bad and lasted for 3-4 hrs. Far worse than cotton fever. Not sure if it was the mix or the soda but jail would have been better

Oh and due to this I missed my UA and may STILL go to jail. I'm typing this from the er in a desperate attempt to obtain physician documentation. I would have called for help when it happened but was too sick to reach the phone.

So if u really want to beat a drug test just lay off for a bit. Its the only sure way

2. Großschmackhaft

Großschmackhaft Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from russia
    You know what function sodium bicarbonate (a.k.a. baking soda) normally has right? It reacts with water to form carbonic acid to make dough fluffy. Carbonic acid is the gas in carbonated beverages, you basically converted your whole gastrointestinal system into a big over-pressurized soda bottle, no wonder you puked and felt horrible intestinal pain as you were incredibly bloated with the foam consisting of carbonic acid bubbles.

I have no clue about whether sodium bicarbonate can help you to tamper with drug tests, but in any case you took way too much of it. Were that heaped tablespoons? Ouch.

3. idfma

idfma Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm impressed that you were able to hold it down for 30 minutes. I hope you're okay.

4. Baritji

Baritji Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I remember in rehab we would eat teaspoons of sea salt for the rush every night. One guy was convinced the sea salt blocked his antipsychotics from working and would do it every couple of hours. The nausea 10mins in was unbearable and the only altered state of consciousness we got was dizziness and heart palpitations.

5. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You're close, . Reaction of sodium bicarbonate and an acid produce a salt and carbonic acid, which readily decomposes to carbon dioxide and water.

The theory behind using NAHCO3 (baking soda) to mask meth in a ua is that it makes the urinary system basic, or alkaline (raises the pH) and reduces the elimination of the meth metabolites. In essence making the body 'hold back' the detectable meth for a short time.

I did learn today that NaHCO3 is amphoteric (reacts with acids and bases). I always thought it was a base because of its use as an antacid when mixed with water.

I knew from reading and talking to people that using a couple tablespoons in water would cause diarreah and nausea but I apparantly had a severe reaction. Anyway, I am ok, I got my note from the Dr. and the rest is yet to be revealed. Thank you for your concern.

6. Großschmackhaft

Reputation Points:
    from russia
    Yes, you're right of course. I was thinking of baking powder, which additionally to the sodium bicarbonate also contains some acid, so only water is necessary for the acid-base mixture to dissolve in and react.

7. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    UPDATE:

So after going through all that, even having to go to the ER on order of my CCO (community corrections officer) to the tune of $700 US to get a Dr to write a note saying I was sick. I went into DOC (department of corrections) the next day and STILL pissed dirty.

I knew that the 'holding back' period for the baking soda was over, but it had been three days since I'd used, only did about .25 gm (injected) and had loaded up on zinc, which I found out doesn't work. I just did 25 days in jail and am forced to do a 28 day treatment center.

In jail I found out that baking soda no longer works with the newer cups WA state DOC has. And they don't send in a positive cup result for lab tests any longer. I don't know about elsewhere, but WADOC has sweeping powers against felons and function very much like Hitlers Gestapo. We are not even given a lawyer (even if u pay) and hearings are adjuticated by a DOC employee and held to a "preponderance of evidence" rather than 'beyond a reasonable doubt' , much like a civil trial except one held in a communist country.

Moral of the Story:

If you're going to use drugs while on parole, skip trying to mask drugs and just get used to lots of jail time (I've had 15 violations in the past 2 years, fun stuff)

8. Großschmackhaft

Reputation Points:
    from russia
    o
    Can't you just use drugs they won't check for? I'm not a meth head so maybe I'm missing something, but there's plenty other stuff you can enjoy.

And another thing: It seems to me that the adverse reactions you experienced from the baking soda were due to you swallowing too much of it at once. Maybe if you gradually ingest small quantities of it dissolved in water, you can avoid a violent reaction of the soda with your stomach acid.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. Seac

Seac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from Canada
    Yeah i think it could have been the amount of baking soda all at once. Plus the zinc. Plus the coffee. But ive never even heard of this method until last night. I just for some reason believe it could work. Thats the addict in me for sure. Its a toss up right now between the baking soda method or the clean pee in my fridge. But that piss aint mine. And i take clonazapam. Plus my screen always shows a long list of trace ammounts of other stuff. But the fridge pee wont have any of that. Ive used the same persons pee before.....but fuck. I just have a bad bad feeling about doing it again. My screen gets sent to a lab. Its not a rapid test. But its also not witnessed and they dont measure my creatin levels.

Any thoughts?!

10. DangerSauce

DangerSauce Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Indiana, United States
  11. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No, your "bad" was typing out the ridiculous and potentially dangerous method that won't work for most, if any.

You're doing way too much when you're only diluting your urine below cut off levels. The vitamins will provide color and possibly a sufficient level of creatine to pass diluting checks.
    Cut out the baking soda and you'll save yourself a lot of misery and just may pass, if your lucky

12. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've tried the soda again. It doesn't work for me. Parolees can now smoke as much of WA states fine, world class legal marijuana as they like. I found a better way to pass though:

I quit using long enough to get off probation. Now I can do as much, as little or none at all as I wish

13. brat6878

brat6878 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from Colorado, United States
    I have tried this method twice after being sworn to that it works. One time it seemed to have worked, but this time it didn't work. I had too miss my ua and now I'm waiting for those repercussions from probation and DHS. Any advice as to what they might do on a first time miss for someone who's been doing really well?

14. brat6878

brat6878 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from Colorado, United States
    I take it back....i followed this method to a tee and on my home test i passe. I will know in a week if they were dilute.

15. expat99

expat99 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    65 y/o from Nuevo León, Mexico
    This baking soda topic should be banned like shake and bake topics.

Like listening to my kids when they were younger ... he said she said no I didn't yes you did.

Maybe Newby here but in 60 years have seen and heard enough to know if it walks like a duck... you know the rest.

16. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Apprentice Sorcerer Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    @expat99
    it's sadly not half as dangerous. People cant be forbidden to talk nonsense.
    BBW

17. Diverboone

Diverboone Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The baking soda is very likely what made you fail the test. It alkalized your urinary system, in effect increasing the elimination duration.

"In jail I found out that baking soda no longer works with the newer cups WA state DOC has". Please explain further. The benefit sought by ingesting baking soda would not vary from test to test. Baking soda is not being used to "mask" illicit substance. Rather it's to control the amount eliminated via the renal system.

18. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Good point, I knew an alkaline system increases the 'half-life " of meth. I used to drink baking soda years ago to prolong the high.

I still maintain however that baking soda success is mainly anecdotal. I know that ot does not work for me. But these days I don't have to worry about it. I'm off probation, work for myself, and cannot use as much or as little as I want.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 26, 2017 ---
    If creatine (sp) levels are high enough it won't show dilution)