1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Important update on baking soda to mask drugs!

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by equitube, Jul 25, 2013.

1. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I had a UA to pass today I wasn't expecting so I thought I'd cover all my bases having done meth two days ago. I took 300 mg of zinc
    c gluconate last night and this am. I took a creatinine supplement, coffee water then tried baking soda. I put 3tablespoons in water, drank it and managed to hold it down for abt 30 min. I vomited then got EXTREMELY sick. I had tingling in my arms, profuse sweating and waves of the most intensely painful bowel cramps I'd ever known. They came about every two minutes and left me writhing on the bathroom floor in a fetal position unable to move or speak except to scream occasionally and I can take a lot of pain.

I was praying for unconsciousness or even death. It was that bad and lasted for 3-4 hrs. Far worse than cotton fever. Not sure if it was the mix or the soda but jail would have been better

Oh and due to this I missed my UA and may STILL go to jail. I'm typing this from the er in a desperate attempt to obtain physician documentation. I would have called for help when it happened but was too sick to reach the phone.

So if u really want to beat a drug test just lay off for a bit. Its the only sure way

2. Großschmackhaft

Großschmackhaft Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    You know what function sodium bicarbonate (a.k.a. baking soda) normally has right? It reacts with water to form carbonic acid to make dough fluffy. Carbonic acid is the gas in carbonated beverages, you basically converted your whole gastrointestinal system into a big over-pressurized soda bottle, no wonder you puked and felt horrible intestinal pain as you were incredibly bloated with the foam consisting of carbonic acid bubbles.

I have no clue about whether sodium bicarbonate can help you to tamper with drug tests, but in any case you took way too much of it. Were that heaped tablespoons? Ouch.

3. idfma

idfma Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm impressed that you were able to hold it down for 30 minutes. I hope you're okay.

4. Baritji

Baritji

Reputation Points:
    I remember in rehab we would eat teaspoons of sea salt for the rush every night. One guy was convinced the sea salt blocked his antipsychotics from working and would do it every couple of hours. The nausea 10mins in was unbearable and the only altered state of consciousness we got was dizziness and heart palpitations.

5. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    You're close, . Reaction of sodium bicarbonate and an acid produce a salt and carbonic acid, which readily decomposes to carbon dioxide and water.

The theory behind using NAHCO3 (baking soda) to mask meth in a ua is that it makes the urinary system basic, or alkaline (raises the pH) and reduces the elimination of the meth metabolites. In essence making the body 'hold back' the detectable meth for a short time.

I did learn today that NaHCO3 is amphoteric (reacts with acids and bases). I always thought it was a base because of its use as an antacid when mixed with water.

I knew from reading and talking to people that using a couple tablespoons in water would cause diarreah and nausea but I apparantly had a severe reaction. Anyway, I am ok, I got my note from the Dr. and the rest is yet to be revealed. Thank you for your concern.

6. Großschmackhaft

Reputation Points:
    Yes, you're right of course. I was thinking of baking powder, which additionally to the sodium bicarbonate also contains some acid, so only water is necessary for the acid-base mixture to dissolve in and react.

7. equitube

equitube Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    UPDATE:

So after going through all that, even having to go to the ER on order of my CCO (community corrections officer) to the tune of $700 US to get a Dr to write a note saying I was sick. I went into DOC (department of corrections) the next day and STILL pissed dirty.

I knew that the 'holding back' period for the baking soda was over, but it had been three days since I'd used, only did about .25 gm (injected) and had loaded up on zinc, which I found out doesn't work. I just did 25 days in jail and am forced to do a 28 day treatment center.

In jail I found out that baking soda no longer works with the newer cups WA state DOC has. And they don't send in a positive cup result for lab tests any longer. I don't know about elsewhere, but WADOC has sweeping powers against felons and function very much like Hitlers Gestapo. We are not even given a lawyer (even if u pay) and hearings are adjuticated by a DOC employee and held to a "preponderance of evidence" rather than 'beyond a reasonable doubt' , much like a civil trial except one held in a communist country.

Moral of the Story:

If you're going to use drugs while on parole, skip trying to mask drugs and just get used to lots of jail time (I've had 15 violations in the past 2 years, fun stuff)

8. Großschmackhaft

Reputation Points:
    o
    Can't you just use drugs they won't check for? I'm not a meth head so maybe I'm missing something, but there's plenty other stuff you can enjoy.

And another thing: It seems to me that the adverse reactions you experienced from the baking soda were due to you swallowing too much of it at once. Maybe if you gradually ingest small quantities of it dissolved in water, you can avoid a violent reaction of the soda with your stomach acid.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013