Effects - Increased effect from taking DXM on an empty stomach?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Guest, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Let me explain what i mean:

first i wanna say that i found this first out when i first started... been doing dxm for a bout a year now... i had dont 360mg one bottle syrup for awhile... and was starting to increase... so one night i took 450 cough gels... but anyways a few days later... i had 450mg in cough gels again.. and took them with water... soon after i awoke... about an hour later... i was totally gone.. this was the most intense trip id say ive had to date... i wont get into details of this trip...

anyways my point being... that later and now... i have noted that if you take cough gels on an empty stomach... the effects are increased significantly... i have noticed for me anyways.. that taking 600mg is equivalent to about 1000mg on a normal stomach... i also have noticed that this only works with cough gels... not syrup...

so has anyone else noticed this?

any questions... i have done alot... lost count of how many trips.. but my highest i have ever taken is only 900... was at 360 for a couple months... then moved up... then at 600 for a few months... now i do 600 but on an empty stomach.. and have noticed a the difference...

sorry for the long speach... thoughts would help...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
  2. par excellence.

par excellence. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's common knowledge that effects of DXM (and many other drugs) are
    better on an empty stomache and are subject to be stronger because
    there's nothing there to slow down the drug taking effect or whatever,
    if that makes sense... but yeah, I'd say DXM is stronger for everyone
    who uses it if it's on an empty stomache.[​IMG] It is for me.

Plus, it seems when people do DXM on a full stomache, they vomit their head off. [​IMG]

3. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    ^^ i dont vomit @ all on dxm, powder or robo or gels or anything

nor do i get nauseaus really, maybe only 5-10 min. On empty stomach however, i get the sickish trip, maybe much more intense, like overall not so pleasent, however on a full stomach i get the "happy" trip, magical, and just great

Also, dont redose, or b very careful

Last thing; i think dxm could be a steroid, or at least diminishing to muscles, i lose about 3 kilos after 1 TRIP!!! but succesive trips only lose .5-.75 kilos. It seems to all come back in a bout a week, and usually about 1.5-2.5 kilos more! (not waterweight nor food) It seems like your muslces atrophy, but grow back stronger. VEry Weird

Stay Safe, read about redosing before attempting!

4. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i prefer delsym also but a good dose is required, but then its a much better trip and here the only robitussin u can get here in canada neway has at least 100mg of guafeisen i think it is in every 5 ml

however i found the hbr trip in robitussin seem to me more intense and more of a totally fucked up feeling instead, i found it gave me alot less visuals too. but at least delsym doesnt have the guafeisen in it which isnt exactly a big killer as far as i know but its definatly not that good, has neone else noticed that canadas robo has guafeisen in it extra strength has 200 mg per 5ml and the normal cough control has 100mg per 5ml.

or am i simply a total idiot and gettin the wrong kind, though i dont think so because the boxes dont even look like pictures ive seen from usa.and ther was nothing in the store resembling them , no robitussin looked like that.

BTW sorry to get off topic.Edited by: bcStoner420

5. deadmoap

deadmoap Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Man I know exactly what you're talking about! All drugs come on faster
    and strong on an empty stomach, but the robitussin gels are different.
    I down a bottle of cough syrup on an empty stomach... feels like a
    bottle of cough syrup. I take a 200 mg gel cap of dxm powder on and
    empty stomach... feels like 200 mg of DXM. I take 20 gel caps of
    robitussin gels, and I'm trippin' so hard I don't even know what's
    going on! I posted a thread about this a while ago. It was almost a bad
    experience because it was so fucking strong. I was starting to think
    that I was going to be retarded for the rest of my life... either that
    or die.

6. lololsolid

lololsolid R.I.P. Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alright first off, Delsym is DXM Polistirex- which is an EXTENDED RELEASE formula. That means its more drawn out and much less powerful. My friends have found that Polistirex lead to much more diarrhea and side effects than HBr did... but that was their personal experiences.

MOST IMPORTANTLY it should be noted that taking DXM on an empty stomach is a great way to make yourself vomit, as the substance comes in direct contact with the stomach lining WITHOUT food/water to absorb into. Always drink it with plenty of water, or have a meal 4-6 hours before hand. After you are experienced with the drug, go ahead and try an empty stomach.

NEVER TAKE DXM ON AN EMPTY STOMACH YOUR FIRST TIME!

7. GeistKrieger

GeistKrieger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have troubles taking DXM on a empty stumic, but never ends up puking. However, if I takes some dxm on a light meal, then takes more later with careful planning, there will be no stumic pain.

8. lololsolid

lololsolid R.I.P. Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Exactly. Think of the food as a "buffer" between the drug and your stomach.

9. travbrad

travbrad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM actually gets MORE sick from eating nothing than eating too much. Eating too much just makes the trip weaker and take longer to kick in.

I find it best to eat a snack (bread/crackers are my favorite) around the time he doses. He still gets some nausea, but it's reduced a lot. SWIM almost never pukes from it.

10. Butzopower

Butzopower Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Whenever I use extracted liquid from the gels I definitely notice a decrease in come-up, from about 2 hours to 1. I try not to eat anything in the 3-4 hours before I dose, save for a couple of pieces of toast and some water that I consume with the DXM. A good rule of thumb is to make sure you have something in your stomach before you take DXM in whatever form you choose. It doesn't have to be alot (having too much food in your stomach can drastically increase absorption time), but even the smallest bit helped me greatly.

Using the cough-gels on an entirely empty stomach, as you say, catapults me into my trip, with heavy effects being present as early as 45 minutes. A few month's ago I started to 'work my way up the plateaus' as I describe it. I dosed about 180mg's, a recommended 1st plateau dosage without eating for atleast 5 hours prior. I definitely noticed a strengthened high, closer to the 250-300mg territory as a result of not eating anything. Your mileage may vary, but I've definitely noticed an increased effect on a completely empty stomach.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013