Drug info - Increasing Mushroom Potency

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Darksanity, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    OK I have 1g of VERY DRY psilocybe mushroom. He knows it's not much and would like to know what's the best way to increase the potency and intensity.

I was thinking about makin tea with hot water instead of boiling water to avoid destroying the psilocybin and psilocin. He would boil some water and wait a few minutes to let it cool down and put the gram of shrooms in it and wait another few minutes. Then he would drink the whole without getting rid of the left shroom material to ensure he gets all of it.

Would this be a good idea? Any better ideas about how to increase the intensity of the experience despite the very low dose? I do not care if the experience is cut in lenght, he just want it to be more potent/intense from such a small amount.

Thank you for all answers!!

2. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't see how making it into a tea would increase potency? I'm under the impression that there is no way to do so, the potency depends on the mushroom itself..the strain, its growing conditions, etc.

3. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was guessing a tea would make the onset and absorption quicker, and lead to intensified effects and shorter duration.

4. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh, as far as quickening the onset ..take them on an empty stomach. You can't do anything about the actual mushroom's potency, though.

5. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    take it on an empty stomache deffinanlty,if you can get your hands on an MAOI that would help alot but youd have to watch your diet a day or two before hand.maois are a dangourus idea by the way,just to for warn you,and look into it heavily before hand.but maois are the best way imho

6. Flimmar

Flimmar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am right about intensifying the trip, if he comsumes the mushrooms on an empty stomach, and yes, tea will help SWIM getting a faster on-set, and I should peak really fast, but the trip will last for less than if consumed on an semi-empty stomach. So is that what I want?

SWIJ's advice is to get some cannabis, and use to increase the psychedelic experience, and to make the trip last longer (smoke a small joint while drinking the tea, and then smoke a small joint when I feel the trip is starting to fade).

About MAOIs, SWIM can't recommend it. If I feel like trying it though, read about it, and get all the info on it!

7. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    flimmar:About MAOIs, SWIM can't recommend it. If I feel like trying it though, read about it, and get all the info on it!

listen to this advice if you decide to go on the maoi route,just thouhgt id warn you again.maois should be safe if used properly,but highly dangourus if not.swims been trying syrian rue with all kinds of things and is loveing it

8. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I found himself tripping his first shroom trip long and strong on only 2grams, he chopped the shrooms up very finely indeed and then mixed them into half a can of warm chicken soup, then licked the knife and chopping board. that day he had eaten 2 eggs at 8am, 1/2 a can of chicken soupe with a piece of bread about 12, and then only a cup of tea till 7pm when he ate his chicken and shroom soup.... the taste was not bad at all, he ate about 1 3rd, holding it for a long time in the mouth, and then felt some nausea, so stopped, come up effects were noticed within 1/2 an hour, and he had 1.5 hours of dazzeling up high euphoric effects, as these wound down he finished his soup, gave it a few secs in the microwave first, and within 30 mins was propelled into a reletivly deep trip, out came my hash and he spent the next 4 hours toking then floating off into his own head. I am glad he didnt start out with 3.5 grams, and expects with some good bud or has You will be able to get some real nice effects from yous 1g
    What SWIM considers made the trip so powerfull
    - chopping the shrooms real fine
    -licking the chopping board (tasted a bit unpleasent though)
    - putting them in a small amount of only just warm soup
    - having not eaten much all day
    - holding every mouthfull for ages like at least 3 mins each while constantly chewing it over
    - smoking some shit hot hash

my not sure how the tasted would work , but perhaps putting the chopped shrooms in warm lemmon tea with alot of concentrated lemmon juice added and perhaps sugar to make it palatable

9. thephilosopher01

thephilosopher01 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    How to Potentiate Mushrooms?

I has more a little more half an 1/8th of shrooms and I want to know if swim can share it with fellow swimmer and still have a good trip for both, or is it possible for swim to up the potency of any way.

10. ReAlitY-HoLds-NonE

ReAlitY-HoLds-NonE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: advice for two psychonauts

You cannot up a potency of something, one can just reduce the ratio of useless material to the good stuff... half an 8th?... Personally I would say that an 8th is enough for one person to have an intense trip, so half an eighth, a roughly 'average' (well, in intensity) trip, so, essentually, taking a 1/4 each would be rather, er, uneventful... might be a nice experience if one has had no experience in psychadelic substances... But may be nothing at all what it is cracked up to be either way...

If You can, get four times as much

11. thephilosopher01

thephilosopher01 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

but what if both swimmers where to take LSA along with the shrooms would it be a better trip? or would it just be a horrible mixture?

12. ReAlitY-HoLds-NonE

ReAlitY-HoLds-NonE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

May be a bit brutal on the stomach (this can, in stronger trips make one think they are having a heart attack, well, I say he did)... You would probably experience slight visuals (like a plattered surface flowing into itself aswell as double vision, slight trailing behind objects)... the LSA seeds may act as a buffer for bad trips however, though the stomach problems, and pain that is often encountered with these as well as the state one enters with mushrooms may well lead to a bad trip.

It depends on where You goes with it on the inside...

has You ever done any other psychadelic's before?.. if not then You may well enjoy it as a nice tantalizer =P....

when tripping try everything You can to increase the experience, like the right music (which is, a must)... good things to look at and play with... mushrooms are surprisingly easy to have a good trip on, even for the novice

13. thephilosopher01

thephilosopher01 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

I has expierience with alot of dxm has done acid 2x and done lsa by itself 3x (its only worked 3xs, although I has tried it about 10x in total).the rest of the lsa trips did not go well at all, I did not trip and I felt very poisoned the whole time.the worst part about the bad trips was the restless ness and the uncontrollable clenching,the in ability to stay still while wide awake with nausea, clenching everything you can with swims teeth, hand,and feet.as you can see I had an aversion to lsa be it hawaian baby woodrose or morning glory.so what I am trying to say is how should I consume morning glory seeds (they are right out of the package and I has no grinder what so ever),about 90 seeds.I would appreciate the advice.

14. JDreaming

JDreaming R.I.P. Gold Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:

An 1/8th of what species philosopher? Some strains are more potent than others. If it was liberty caps or azurescens, an 1/8th could be enough for two people easily.

And if Morning glories make You feel sick/poisoned then why ruin a beautiful mushroom trip with them at all? There is a thread about preparation methods if you need it, use the search engine to find info on extraction/preparation if you must.

15. spores101

spores101 Newbie

Reputation Points:

1/8 will be plenty for the both of you

16. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark

Buy some passionflower extract from a healthfood store and it will be enough for two to trip, maoi + shrooms at least doubles the potency and it works in swim's experience.

17. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france

The use of a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), such as harmine in syrian rue (inexpensive & easily ingestible by you), prevents the digestion of psilocybin to some extent, due to the major role of the MAO enzyme in the degradation of psilocybin in the liver. Theoretically, You and SWIThem could ingest 2.5-3g of syrian rue, and 1/16.oz mushrooms (half-eighth) and have a hearty trip well worth the effort.

18. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

^^^

That's true but MAOIs are generally unpredictable and it's very difficult to measure out a safe dose. It would need to be done under laboratory-regulated dosage in order to be completely safe. I wouldn't recommend a home experimenter to mess around with MAOIs. Even the slightest mishap may have disastrous consequences. MAOIs combine with many various types of foods to create overpowering effects. One should be very careful with them.

19. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france

As for unpredictability, Syrian Rue has a very consistent quanitity of about 4%. An overdose would require a wildly excessive quantity of seeds. The diet issue should be examined using a doctor or a doctor's writing s on the internet about tyramine content. MAOIs when mixed with tyramine can induce high blood pressure, stroke, and other sears circulatory problems. Though the easiest way to avoid this is to remove soy products, fish, mango, wine, chocolate, and all other tyramine carriers from the diet a week prior to ingestion. If the prescription med Emsam is available, or if rectal dosing is considered reasonable, the MAOI will never enter the gastro-intestinal tract, therefore having no complications with food products. Be wary of rectal dosing though, because of its unprecedented efficiency.

20. Standing Puma

Standing Puma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Amplifying Mushroom Trips

How would I make my shrooms more powerful, I have 1.8 and I'm going to drink orange juice and smoke some grass, but I kind of want them to be more potentent. They are golden caps and pretty strong to begin with but I want to know if their is anything else i can do to "fry face'" of just 1.8?