Inexpensive methods of KEEF collection

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by catchingsignals, Jul 18, 2006.

1. catchingsignals

catchingsignals Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I recently came upon a large amount of marijuana and is looking for an effective method to collect its keef. It is Swim's estimation that keef collectors are just too pricey, so he'd really prefer another mean of collection..

What systems and methods of keef collection do y'all approve of?

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim suggest checking ebay for space case four piece grinders with kief collectors. I amn't sure if You is willing to spend anything, but I has had some friends who got amazing deals on these things on ebay. He suggests you start checking ebay every week or so to see if anything pops up.

Otherwise, all swim can think of is the glass jar (air tight) that he used to keep bud in. He would scrape/shake off some kief off of the more crystally buds and a collection started growing in the jar. It was nice for when I got regs as he could dip them around in the kief a bit but wasn't too useful for future pressing.

3. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    buy a piece of silk screen not that expensive. one can make their own box

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Some hardware or garden stores might already sell the boxed silk screens. Surely they're used for other purposes besides extracting cannabis pollen.

5. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If we are considering a normal scale when saying lots of weed I am assuming You is refering to something between a Q and a 9bar
    I would suggest the virtually free method of grinding it up with yous normal grinder into something like an ice cream tub (better still something clear so You can see through + with square edges so that could be razor bladed after wards) and carrying it around for a day obviously only on yous own property. Doing this with a decent amount of weed allot of trich's will drop off and work they're way to the bottom of the box. just scoop out yous weed from the top and the bottom cm will have V high amounts of mixed fine weed and keef. If You does not want to wander about, slow shaking from side to side should have the same sort of effect though wont work as well.
    When down to the last cm pour it onto a sheet of new A4 paper that has been folded down the center and re flattened then rake over with a razor blade leaving a small gap between the blades edge and the paper. This will help to separate more green out when as much green as possible has been separated out and put back with yous main supply.
    If You wants to make this powder into a lump the paper will easily refold to make a channel, pour the papers contents onto a piece of cling film and then reflatten and scrape the razor across the paper to release the last few triches add them to the pile on the cling film then pull the cling film together keeping the keef in one place as a pile and twist the top of the cling film to make a bubble of keef, try not to get to much air in. put another layer of cling film over it put it in a baggie, then in your shoe the go for a run. the heat and compression from yous foot should form it into a sticky lump which will hold togeather quite well if You got out enough of the green bits.
    SWIM tryed this a few times and it worked OK and was cheap, but has since taken to HBO so no longer bothers. If there is too much air in the cling film bubble it might burst and You will end up with a cling filmy hashy mess in his shoe.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  6. goslamsomeTHC

goslamsomeTHC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    when i don't feel like asking around for some printer's screens i just use those gold metal reusable coffe filters. just rub it arcoss the filter like you're gradin some cheese! lol. mmm orange pistils so thick it IS like cheese... so yeah then have something to collect all the "dust" while you're scraping it. quick and simple.

7. amblerg

amblerg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    if you use iTunes then get the HighTimes "potcast" and get the podcast called trailer park boys blender hash. very very simple and increibly effective