Oral use - Ingesting kratom with cigarette paper

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by AnrBjotk, Jun 15, 2010.

1. AnrBjotk

AnrBjotk Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from norway
    Someone told SWIM that they took kratom by wrapping it in cigarette rolling paper, wetting it, and then swallowing it. Is this common, and as effective?

2. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sounds a bit like 'parachuting' to me. Clover has never used the method much, maybe once or twice. Clover considers it a bit silly, though people will argue for it. I don't think there's any scientific evidence to suggest that it alters drug absorption or much else. The only thing that it may do is hide the taste, since whatever one is parachuting is less likely to come into contact with the tongue (being wrapped in some kind of paper). One could just as effectively use capsules for this, but with the large amount needed from most kratom there may be issues with capsules.

In short, Clover doesn't prefer this method. Who wants to swallow paper? Not Clover.

3. AnrBjotk

AnrBjotk Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from norway
    Capsules cost more than paper...

1. 3/5,
      It's usually not necessary to quote entire posts and try to add a little more to discussion than a one-liner.
      Jun 15, 2010
  4. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    Its probably no more or less effective than taking Kratom by toss and wash. Paper would break up fairly rapidly once swallowed, probably a lot faster than capsules. I do not know people who use this method for Kratom but many who use it with Research Chemicals.
    One complaint he has heard is that the paper often sticks to the back of the throat which can cause some temporary discomfort.

Capsules in My opinion are one of the least effective methods due to the fact that they tend not to dissolve at the same time which means the Krartom is released over a longer period of time making for a slower absorption rate, the paper (bombing/parachuting) method would probably be a better method because it would break up/dissolve quicker providing the paper is very thin and it is washed back with liquid.

1. 4/5,
      Good additional information provided.
      Jun 15, 2010
  5. AnrBjotk

AnrBjotk Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from norway
    He went for both paper and "toss and wash"

Is SWIM the only one who finds the taste of kratom powder delicious? When SWIM puts it on his tongue and then fills the mouth with water, for a split second the powder flies out over his tongue, before the water engulfs it, and it is...beautiful baby, just beautiful!

(Perhaps it goes away with frequent use?)

6. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Clover has found that the most 'pleasant' tasting drugs can become quite intolerable with extended use. I think the body tends to react with an aversion effect after repeated exposure to chemicals that upset homeostasis (ie psychoactives).

7. mrpeppercorn

mrpeppercorn Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    smoking kratom has good effects mild body numbness, and euphoria.
    I use it daily in a cig.

but when taken orally eating leaves is most effective way to get all the alkaloids it does have a opiate feel to it. and it lasts MUCH longer.sadly when its smoked it defienetly is active but short lived:(