Injecting - Injecting coke Intra-muscularly

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by joevette, Jul 6, 2005.

1. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Can you inject coke IM instead of IV? I know you'd get much less of a rush, but it seems like you'd get more cola into your system than by snorting it.

2. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
  3. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the link motor.

I was thinking you could make coke into a sterile injectable using similar methods as they use to make sterile injectable steroids out of powders. Done this numerous times without any problems, here's how it is done: http://www.ironforlife.com/t537-sportsmed-vips-recipes.html . Except since you can dissolve a shitload of cola in just water you could use bactosteriatic(sp?) water instead of oil and you would not need any benzobenzoate. You'd also only need 1% BenzylAlcohol to make the solution sterile and once it's sterile filtered with a syringe filter into a sterile vial there would be no way you'd get an infection and you shouldn't lose any of the good stuff.

I guess this would also work for IV injections, but I'd rather go IM and have the high last a little longer without messing up my veins.

4. booger

booger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Since you would be using BA water instead of oil, it would act like the injectable steriod winstrol (stanazolol.. sp?) and release quickly over 1-3 days, with an oil base it would release much longer.

5. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It would be similar to winstrol except winstrol is a suspension where you can see the little white dots of product and water based coke should be a solution (all the powder dissolved) even with just water. Plus wintrol's halflife is only 9 hours so it won't last 3 days and must be injected daily. The coke high would still only last about as long as snorting it only it should be stronger since you'd get to utilize more of the product, in theory. The oil based products are slightly longer lasting but that is not the primary means of timing with a compound. The different esters placed on injectables determine how long it will stay active in the blood stream (winstol has no ester and hence has a very short halflife).

6. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Wouldnt the effect of injecting Coke be a stronger one? I know when my exboss was selling he was doing really good, and wasnt being watched at all by the cops. Then his usage started to go up and he started to inject... Next thing you know he got sloppy and got busted. He said that the high was more intense, and that he liked it enough that he lived for the feeling, and to support his habbit he had to keep selling more and more and got sloppy.

Muirner

7. Darkotic

Darkotic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am curious as to if this method works. Don't need instructiouns, just a simple yes / no will suffice.

Thanx!

8. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes.

9. Darkotic

Darkotic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanxs god1, brief and informative.

Now I feel stupid for asking this....

Is there no special way to do it? Same as when intraveinous?

i.e. coldshake, heat...

also, is it safer ???

thx

10. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    First-hand experience with IM cocaine?

SWReallyIM, a friend of SWIM's, is a pretty bright guy and also very self destructive. SWIM sat watching him shoot up for 3+ hours with the same rig because, presumably, he didn't feel the need to use a new one every time.

Anyway, self-destructive or not he is a bright guy so SWIM pays attention around him. The other day SWIM watched him get really frustrated at losing a vein just after starting a shot and he just took the needle and jammed it in his thigh, right through his jeans and pushed the plunger. Obviously this isn't totally healthy, but anyone have any experience with IM cocaine? Seems it'd be safe enuf if mixing with sterile water and ascorbic acid powder. SWIM wonders if it hits slower or softer or generally if it's a waste of good dope.

Thanks-

- Beltane

11. zero

zero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have used IM cocaine under similar circumstances, though he definitely did not go through his jeans. If he had trouble getting a vein he would IM it or skin pop it, which isn't to great to do medically speaking but it works and it's nearly as good a ruch as IV, but not quite. He found that out when he missed a shot, he knew he missed it but still got zung. He would NOT do though if he could hit a vein first.

12. suninmy_MOUTH

suninmy_MOUTH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Missing vein with cocaine injection

SWIM loaded up a little bump, and had the blood come back into the needle like it's supposed to, but must've moved out of the vein during injection. SWIM totally missed and there is a raised area there now. I had this issue before when he was a heroin usuer, and it was not that big a deal. However, I have been reading that this is not a good thing with coke. Something about infection or... well, SWIM searched through posts on this, but couldn't find any good info on it. Also, I didn't really feel the effects of the shot even 10 minutes later, just a slight bit.

Is there anything I should do now to take care of the affected area, and if someone can say anything more about this issue, would be great.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  13. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Coke being a vasoconstrictor is likely the main problem, tissue death/gangrene is possible. I have no clue what to do about the affected area tho, beyond keeping an eye on it and seeing a doctor if it doesn't resolve quickly.

14. suninmy_MOUTH

suninmy_MOUTH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    not feeling the missed shot of cocaine...

my arm looks ok now. just a little red spot from where the needle went it. probably going to bruise though. SWIM bruises easy... SWIM might have to buy some ladie's cover-up to hide the truth from the outside world. I did a couple more shots though... and after getting the shakes, missed again! ffs! also, I didn't really seem to feel the coke afterwards. maybe the onset is just really slow, and being coked up already, doesn't really notice. but does coke not really get absorved when one misses? and that is why there is the worry of absess? actually, why is coke -- chemically and biologicaly speaking that is, pose a threat for absesses, when a drug like h doesn't as much? SWIM missed a lot of times with heroin before, and did the intre-muscular, and never had any probs. absesss worry came from over using the same injection spot and getting an infection.

ok, time for SWIM to try and relax and get some sleep. tempted to drink a beer to help out, but I have seen from other posts how bad an idea it is to mix alcohol and cocaine. that's what I like about the forum, learning info on harm reduction, instead of "just don't do drugs". lol.

just gotta deal with the comedown on it's own, I think.

15. suninmy_MOUTH

suninmy_MOUTH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    oh crap! the cocaine finally hits SWIM!

SWIM dipped into the ultareserve stash. about 40 little baggies with specks of coke... sometime with a good amount, as SWIM knew this time would come and purposely left more behind in the bag that he could have easily gotten out. enough for two good shots. loads up. pulls back... yea, direct hit... but hands are shakey and must've pushed it through on the way back. stops about 1/10 of the way down the tube, and tries to hit again. problem is there is so much blood in it, SWIM cant tell if he hits a vein. so SWIM pokes a half dozen holes, and just puts it in where he thinks he has it. does not have it. I am impatient now, and loads up the last shot soon after. tries the other arm, also hard to do for SWIM, veins are not as pronounced on that side.. seem smaller too. anyway, SWIM pulls back again, sees the blood tumble back, and just goes for it... trying to stay steady.

unfortunately, as I am pushing down on the plunger, a bulge is growing by the injection site.... FAAAAK. missed again and that was the last of it. there will be no final head ringing... the whole reason SWIM decided to IV his remaining supply. (on a side note, my coke appears to be pretty good, totaly disolves, as far as he can tell, with just a couple swishes with the syringe cap. I was temtped to just dump the coke straight in the back of the plunge, but thought perhaps the cotton was filtering some unknown cut that was too small to see. anyone ever use a different filter than cotton? in this day and age, there must be some kind of advanced microfilter)

but about 15 min later, it's coming to him in waves. a quickening of the heart... some lightheadedness... some euphoria... just a few seconds, then its gone. then a minute or so later... again.. vision a little blurry.. mouth is quite dry. uh oh.. now some naseua and feel a head ache coming on. not worried about an OD, but still... not exactly the effects I was looking for with the final shot. or shots, rather... heh;)

16. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Can you shoot cocaine IM?

I was wondering if it's OK to shoot coke IM. He's done IV and would rather not get back into that, but snorting is too hard on his nose.

A quick search turned up nothing, so any help appreciated.

Thanks-

- Beltane

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  17. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Re: Can you shoot cocaine IM?

Injected into the muscle surely cocaine would just be a local anaesthetic?

Subligual is supposed to work OK.

18. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

SWIJ has come across various studies (in squirrel monkeys: Meep!) where speed of onset and duration of im cocaine is said to be the same as insufflated.

19. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.

SWIM experimented a little with IM coke and indeed it seemed similar in effects to insufflation. The dose was very conservative, even for an IV dose and estimated at .1 grams.

He was snorting fairly regularly at the time and did notice an increase in the overall "high"/up-ness, but experienced none of the unmistakable rush of an IV dose at even the same conservative level.

- Beltane

20. JaWill88

JaWill88 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    just missed a coke shot

well last night I got 1.5 grams of extremely good quality blow (swims guys only buy kilos of coke and heroin at a time when they re up and they do NOT cut it at all just chop it, weigh it, and wrap it up.) I snorted, smoked (made crack), and eventually, shot a little all last night. today I smoked a little of what was left when he woke up. later in the day he took a decent dose of lorazepam (the crappiest benzodiazepine ever) and felt good. well just about 30 minutes ago I was under the influence of the benzos and decided to "gather up" a coke shot. I had the bag that it came in which was had lots of residue/powder, two bottle caps I had used as a spoon to make up a couple shots, and found some nice little chunks of coke on the bathroom floor. with these together he actually made up a pretty decent shot. swim knew it was gonna be one pretty good shot. well swim hardly has ANY veins left at all as they are fucked from years of poking but finally found one tiny little one on his foot (earlier for like 20 minutes I was poking in his arms, chest, legs, feet ect.) and actually registed and blood flowed in the syringe. so of course swim pushed back and the solution went into.... swims FOOT! swim HATES it as when swim misses there is no high. the only thing that is going on is I am sitting here typing this with a completely numbed foot. can't feel it at all otherwise. now I has known this for a long time as he has done it for quite some time now. it really sucks. there is no high at all, only numbing. only analgesia. swim wonders if there is any other way to inject it and get some kind of high. in a book by william s burroughs he says that coke could be subcuntaneously injected and get high. now is that really true? swim doubts it. swim doubts intramuscular would do anything either. so is intraveinously the only way possibe to get high injection wise? I would really like to know. if I am wrong, is there anybody who has any experience? sorry for all the rambling before getting to the main question but I am just emphasizing on what a fucking pain in the ass it is when one misses a shot. I went through all that trouble and really could have got a good high, but it didn't happen. it's all or nothing and it really sucks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008