Injecting heroin

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by mickenator, Dec 7, 2006.

1. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.
    Swim thought they would put up this advice on injecting as I has read a few posts where lab rats have had problems, so hear goes.
    1 :- Make sure you have a decent tournique, as this will be needed to help one find a vein
    2 :- A couple of swabs. One to clean the area before injection and one to clean the area after injection, this will reduce the risk of infection.
    3 :- A clean spoon, some citric or vitamin C will do and something to use for a filter.
    4 :- Make sure the needle is in as far as it will go, this will hopefully avoid it coming out of the vein when the tournique is loosend
    5 :- Make sure the blood drawn into the syringe is dark red, if it is light in colour you will have hit the vein and this is not a good place to try and inject so withdraw and try again.
    6 :- Once you have got the dark blood push the plunger in slowly, if you rush this there is a good chance that the vein may blow or you will loose the hit. Every 30 or so mls draw the plunger back again just to make sure that you are still on target, repeat this process until all the liquid has gone.

Hopefully this will help someone avoid getting a ' dirty hit ' .

2. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Re: Injecting

Drawing back in the middle of your hit can cause vein damage, especially if You does it multiple times... not the best advice.. Also using a swab after injecting will just make it bleed more.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  3. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

~lostgurl~ could you please elaborate more on that comment "drawing back in the middle of your hit can cause vein damage, especially if You does it multiple times..."
    it calls for clarification as the safest (no pun intended) way to get the stuff into you according to I am checking out at least 1 or 2 times (if there's more than 30 units of liquid), that is to avoid any risks in losing anything worth in the syringe: I have had times were he pulls the plunger and sees blood, then shoots neglecting anymore flashes and somehow the needle wasn't in the vein anymore and fucks up and regrets.
    If you could cause vein damage that way I doubt it would be that serious, unless you're really obsessed with checking and drawing repeatedly; I mean injecting on itself is making damage to the vein.

4. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

Flushing

Every time you pull back the plunger and push it in again, there will be some movement of the tip of the needle - it is impossible to avoid it.

This movement will increase vein damage.

Syringes are effective medical devices designed to deliver 100% of the dose of a medication to the patient.

Flushing greatly increases the amount of local irritation caused by injecting if they flush repeatedly - thus shortening the ‘injecting life’ of the vein.

veins.jpg

It is this pulling together of the edges that makes veins ‘collapse.’
    Veins that have collapsed in this way do not ‘unblock’ - the blood has to find another way back to the heart.

Vein blockage and collapse

Smaller veins may block as a consequence of too much suction being used when pulling back against the plunger of the syringe to check that the needle is in the vein. This will pull the sides of the vein together and (especially if they are inflamed) the sides of the vein may stick together, causing the vein to block. Removing the needle too quickly after injecting can have a similar effect.

More information can be found at:http://www.saferinjecting.info/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  5. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

That's very useful and information, thanks for that graphic quotation and providing the link, sheds so much light and insight.
    Still I hold, bottom line, injecting is already doing damage but I guess that speaks for itself and is pretty redundant:

"The lining of the vein can get damaged by the needle, the drug (especially pills), injecting too often or too fast, infection and 'flushing.'"

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006