1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - Injecting Methadone

Discussion in 'Methadone' started by Bradezilla, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Bradezilla

Bradezilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Okay so I'm sure most of you opened this thread thinking it would be the typical "how do I shoot up methadone??" thread. This is not the case. I'm just here to share my experiences with injecting 10mg methadone tablets.

Usually people always say "don't do it" "it's a dumb idea" etc, etc.
    But, I'm a junkie and well aware that there are sooo many risks associated with injecting drugs. Then injecting pills is a whole nother risk ball park with the binders and fillers that your putting directly into your bloodstream.

Injecting pills is dangerous. But, like I said, im a junkie and didn't really care.

Firstly, I just crushed in my cooker and added warm water, mix, filter, inject.

People always say " there's no rush, don't do it"

I believe this in part as I have injected methadone and felt nothing at all. Then done it another time(needle fever) and I got a nice, 10 second rush.

Then I did it another time and felt nothing. But I have gotten the rush more than one time. I don't know the science behind this but whatever.

So earlier today I injected half of a 10mg methadone and I did taste it and got a mini rush. But this isn't entirely what I'm here to talk about.

When I was almost done with the shot, I had this weird feeling in my lungs. Like I just got this random urge to cough. It was weird. First time it ever happened to me injecting anything but I do know one thing , it can't be good.

I'm here to say shooting methadone is a huge waste of time. Hell, methadone barely gives you a high to beging with. It will cause serious health problems in the long run as will any pill but I have heard that will fuck up your veins VERY fast. Like, faster than most other drugs.

So just eat the 'done, it's the same thing, same feeling , same amount of time waiting for it to kick in...

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Cold Member Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o Male from Germany (yes, so many)
    Bradezilla,--

I'm in no way promoting methadone injection although I have done it myself for more than enough time,- greedy junky that I am...

The reported experiences are inexplicable to me,- methadone-HCl is perfectly soluble in water, so you must either have done something perfectly wrong in the extraction or been ripped off with the pills ( presuming they weren't prescribed).

A simple extraction with lukewarm water should be enough to get the 'done out of the pills.

And No, Methadone does give a rush each time when injected,- related to the tolerance versus opioids one has.

What I have read with worry is your experience of issues with your lungs. When injecting pills, one should always use a double filtering, first with a usual cotton filter, afterwards re-filtering with a so called wheel filter

[​IMG]

you get in any chemistry supply and even in well sorted needle exchanges.
    Without the use of the micro filters, there will be rests of binders and fillers present in the respective solution of the substance which can result , when injected i.v., in silicosis and/or damage of capillar bloodvessels, even heart attack and stroke, when the person is predisposed.

Please do not take your lung-issues too lightly and get them checked out by qualified personnel.

Thanks for sharing your experience report, it might be helpful for other members/readers.

Kind Regards
    TBBW

Attached Files:

3. bosley11111

bosley11111 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from Colorado, U.S.A.
    I've been on 400mg of morphine for the last 9 months for pain. Tomorrow I start a pain programe, the doctor said he would start on large doses of methadone and other stuff. To be honest 20 years ago I used to play with needles and could not help myself with the sevredol or the zomorph and if was rubbish, nothing like I remember. Will the methadone be worth it. ????? would love to have a rush again. I tryed Methadone piils 30 years ago and they were great. Whats happened

4. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Cold Member Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o Male from Germany (yes, so many)
    What happened is that you have got yourself a tolerance to opiates, which is at the same time a cross tolerance to methaodne.
    Don't try to inject the oral methaodne solution.
    If you can't resist, rather solve the methadone from tablets and follow the safety rules for injecting pills.

The methadone high per i.v. injection is not compareable to a i.v. rush of a shorter acting opiate, like morpihine/heroin. You at best will be disappointed.

Better let the pain meds be pain meds and don't misuse them recreationally. It's definitely not worth it.

TBBW

5. bosley11111

bosley11111 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from Colorado, U.S.A.
    My mate Donk is like most on the zomorph 30 60 and 100 mg. Again nothing not even cold water ex.
    30 and 60's nothing sould he try the 100's????
    With 1000' of mg's of different types Surley there's a hit somewhere???????
    Please someone is the rush just a forgotten memory Donk was a Dike and peth man. I guess it was a long time ago :(

6. njgolden1120

njgolden1120 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    My boyriend used to do heroin and three years ago put himself into a methadone clinic. He was honest up front when I met him. Kinda. A couple months ago I started finding syringes and realized he was injecting his take home. We've battled this me against him well.... My argument and I'm sure I could be wrong is him missing the needle. He agrees to disagree. I'm not exactly where my problem is but it bothers me. He's been inbthe clinic and has been kinda passed around by counselors. Who he likes one they leave. I commend him taking the step away from the heroin but I think no steps by either part have been taken to sort the needle issues. I don't know how I should handle this. This topic usually brings an argument he's very defensive. I have hidden the syringes not sure if that'se right thing to do. But the lying is starting to get in the way. I just want to be supportive not sure how now. I just want him to want to get help.

njgolden1120 added 170 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Sorry about my typing. Laptop down.:( Using phone but fighting with space bar. Losing...p

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  7. Cranoo

Cranoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o Male from ireland
    I've always wondered if one would get high from injecting Methadone lol. I wouldn't do it personally though.

I reckon you should go to the doctor if this doesn't subside and be honest with him. Yeah, tell him you were injecting your Methadone script. hahaha. I can only imagine the doctors reaction.

8. ToxicRoxy

ToxicRoxy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Well I heard many theories on injecting methadone and have read all the horror stories bit my buddy is fighting the addiction as we all do (well most of us that is lol) hes going to attempt to iv done...he wants me to watch over him to make sure he doesnt od. I will post the results here...

ToxicRoxy added 119 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Well nothing disasterious...it left the arm tingley and there was a bit of a rush, but he didnt even get the whole rig in...only about half, and had to stop....he said he thought if he continued it wouldnt be pretty...like it wasnt a fun high...makes me think of those roller coasters you wanna try and the whole time your praying n holdin on for dear life...but you get off n live, but you hear on the news few weeks later someone died on the same one...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  9. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I've shot methadone abunch. Probably 100+ times. I'd shoot the little rectangular 10 mg pills. I could shoot up to 3 at a time if I used a 3 cc rig. There's no rush. You just feel the high right away. Sometimes I'd mix in 25 mg promethazine tablet and that would add to the feeling but still, no rush. I got to the point where the only way I would use the drug was injecting it. I felt like if I just ate it that it wouldn't be as strong and that I'd miss something. In my mind, I'd get sick quicker if I just ate it. I don't know if this was real or imaginary. I think I was mainly just hung up on the needle.

Bad idea all around though. Swear on everything, there's no rush. There's so much risk involved, it's not worth it. Why do you think the pharm companies don't make an abuse resistant methadone pill? Cus it ain't worth it to shoot.

10. ToxicRoxy

ToxicRoxy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I think its different for each person, and a great deal of it is mental too (atleast in my opinion). I did try it out of curiousity and I will attest that I felt a rush. But it was more that I was very sick and the relief was very instanteous and my head got a rush/flush feeling... I can honestly say I got zero buzz from it and will never try that again.

11. shrOOmer123

shrOOmer123 Donating Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    Hi Peoples,
    I just popped on this thread and had to put my 25cents worth on this speak, my I have jacked 100mg of Methadone 4 days a week with my steady legal Australian Script for the stuff for fifteen year's,and find that this act in itself has been enough for my drug addicted mind to be happy without having to use any other opiate in that time. I think that for some of us, Methadone is a perfect pain and pleasure replacement.

12. defanone120

defanone120 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    As someone who used to have a huge monkey on my back, I used to inject methadone everyday, and I got a rush every time. The size of the rush is highly dependent on how much you use. 5mg is just not going to be enough for anyone. I did for over two years, methadone is my opiate of choice so going to a clinic was the best and worse thing in my life. If i were to run 30mgs today with no tolerance I would absolutely be floored, i would get pins and needles, the whole nine yards and I would be content with that amount all day. I have done liquid and pills and used the same vein for two years. If you make up a strong enough shot from the pills it tends to burn for a second. Where I am from everyone was doing this. The most I did at once was 80mgs. It was so intense it made me dizzy. I almost lost my balance. I used a 3,5, or 10ml syringe and transferred the solution to different spoons as you can really only do four pills at once in each regular sized spoon. The bigger syringes help a ton. You do not want to add any heat. I would use most of a top or tube cigarette filter. The key to it is having that filter that can absorb and pull the solution out of the pill mass. Of course filter properly a second time. If someone had a bunch they could do a large CWE on them and then filter again, evaporate off the excess water down to your desired level, or even to the point you would have methadone hcl powder in quite a pure form. There are more things and different ways to achieve this but one would have to research them on their own. Peace.

defanone120 added 49 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

In regards to my first post I am little bit obsessive compulsive, so I always try to find the best way to do things. When I do a shot up for someone else they would always comment,on how I seemed to get them a much stronger shot then they had been able to get on their own. For me I got no rush from oxy, it would just seem like over the course of two minutes I was all of a sudden high. I got good rushes from dilaudid and especially and especially from opana IR. The problem with those is that I would fiend for that rush way before my high was over. With methadone it was never like that. I swore by it and I have done pretty much every other opioid there is.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  13. ufa2162

ufa2162 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I agree with shroomer123, Methadone is PERFECT for SoMe of us. People that shoot it.......they are taking methadone for the WRONG reason and would b better off shooting heroin or something like that. We as methadone patients have a bad rap as it is, because of threads like this. Just sayin, please don't b offended :)

14. SUZA_ORG

SUZA_ORG Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from Becej, Serbia
    Look, only oral solutions that are diluated with ethanol or sorbitol without any color or juice added are "ok" to inject- pills and sh_t... swallow! Experience is that it seems that taken orally lasts longer the "influence" of racematic mixture given here at 100mg bottles at strength of 10mg/ml. All "take-homes", from Starters.

15. SUZA_ORG

SUZA_ORG Newbie

Reputation Points:
    And one more thing! Our racematic solution of d,l-methadone is packed in 10ml little glass bottles, with strength of 1ml= 10mg of methadone hydro-chloride, which is again 30 drops if you use the "dropper" for dosing. So, in general, every bottle has 300 liquid drops of methadone hydro-chloride, some parabens and ethanol. This type of methadone, that patients in Serbia get on prescription, at his selected doctor, and pickup at pharmacy with signature and ID number on every original and copy of prescription as only 2 bottles by law are permitted to prescribe on one(1) prescription and its copy, an MUST HAVE duplicate with number added which points out that X patient carried and was prescribed with Y dosage, which means Z number of bottles per week. In my case 7 bottles, which is 700mg per week - and there is a "hole" in the law and misunderstanding of it between doctors, ministry of health, and patients rights... Additionally, almost everyone, gets Diazepam, Bromazepam, Clonazepam, Clonazepin, etc... and when you combine Methadone with some of those, you get a nation-wide problem (epidemic) of methadone on streets, never better, never stronger with CNS depressors. PLUS police cannot do anything if you sell someone your methadone if you drink less than presrcribed as many many many do, and make abusment of system and get high-rate of overdosing due methadone. On regional basis, methadone has taken heroin seat by the number, supply and demand! Even on national level - I could not bet - that is not the same. In my case, aside of 300 drops- 100mg per day- of methadone, I should take 50mg of diazepam, and more than 3mg of Clonazepam; and also an SSRI type of anti-depressor was prescribed as I do not take it- so my doctor already knows and prescribes it all an day earlier so that I can pickup my weekly dosage of methadone and once a week 5 boxes X 30 tablets of Diazepam of 10mg, and Rivotril(Clonazepam), 2,5mg more than 3mg a day. And same therapy is almost now, without any changes, for a year or more... I feel alright, and I can do my remote technical support job as a freelancer just fine.

16. SUZA_ORG

SUZA_ORG Newbie

Reputation Points:
    P.S: I would add that I get, as many other, at every Thursday at 6:40, to get prescriptions first, and get under way home to drink it or inject it 90% in femoral vein without any significant change on level of health, leg, veins at leg, etc... While I was stupid and destroyed with heroin "main" veins, on arms- forearms. Anyway, doctors here know that most of patients inject, staff pharmacy, doctors, whole Governments with new ideas havent helped the burning issue of injecting and having methadone so much on street that it replaced O.D deaths with heroin in second most populated and largest city in Serbia- Novi Sad.

17. Dipshit1976

Dipshit1976 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from Canada
    I can say that everyone is different and the method people use to get the methadone from pills greatly affects the "buzz"...I don't recommend using pills to inject but being and addict myself I've tried them all and found the only.one worth injecting was the liquid, and not the cherry flavored stuff..only the unflavored 10mg/1ml ...if you drink 100mg methadone and wonder what to inject safely use the 2:1 method..inject half of what u drink...and if u want a buzz u need to add about 20 percent more...i have not got the same heroin rush but I was very surprised to the rush I did get...I was scared at first trying a small amount then when I knew it was safe did more..it was weird too I thought it would wear off faster but I got the opposite. .I could do half my dose at 9 am and at midnight I was still perfect...maybe a stupid mentality but if I can half my dose on my quest to Get off this crap Wil it be easier in the end?? IV though I believe absorbs more and maybe it will be harder or maybe I can control the dose and be easier to lose 1mg a day till its to hard...

But to answer the few people who want to know if you can get high from methadone ..sure you can.. it's all about how much your receptors and clogged and if you don't give it enough you'll never feel it..I don't condone anything just to be clear..if you wait till your feeling really crappy then more likely to feel it when you do it.. don't ever inject the cherry flavor unless it's your choice but I don't think that's safe at all...and if you get something from street and inject that can be dangerous too..I've seen people drink their dose spit it into a secret bottle in pocket then sell it.. imagine injecting that ? Could be fatal if flesh eating happens etc. ..anyways I've babbled enough ...have a great day everyobe

18. shamanexperience

shamanexperience Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Male from romania
    i was a heroin addict...and from about 5 monts i switched to metadone...50mg/day...in the place i live are 2 kinds of pills 5mg and 20 mg pills...to feel some kind of rush i need to ingest 50mg(2x20mg pills and 2x5mg pills)then ingest one more 20 mg pill and i.v.2-3 more 20mg pills but inject them only when you feel the effect from the other pills...the problem is the metadone hci is not watter soluble...so i inject all that fucking powder...for best results you can ad a valium (diazepam)pill but in that case are a lot of chances to die so i don't do this...sometimes after the methadone pills i i.v. some zolpydem ...that shit is fucking amazing the rush from injected zolpydem is hallucinogenic....is like acid hit but instantaneously....but to shoot zolpydem you need to crush the pills and throw away the external strate because that is not soluble...is very sedative and hallucinogenic the rush of zolpydem...is better if a friend help you because is difficult to shoot it because that shit hit your brain after 10 units and become difficult to push the remaining liquid in your vein when you see your arm become like something liquid...but trust me is unbelievable the effect of zolydem i.v.
    p.s. sorry for my bad english....

19. Cyprille

Cyprille Newbie

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o Female from England
    I injected phy pills for 14 years, I could manage 4-5 of 5ml tabs in one hit and I got a good buzz until my tolerance went up. I used them every day and injected pills at least three times a day.

And now? I think I have fucked up my lungs and I am terrified. I cannot go to the GP because I haven't had drug abuse on my history since I was 18 years old and that was a long long time ago. I am short of breath, my breathing is noisy, I feel as if I cannot properly inflate my lungs.

I wish I could turn back the clock. Whenever I think of dying by suffocation I panic.

20. XBroken1

XBroken1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from PA
    Sure this has already been answered but tolerance versus dose does have an effect but mainly the rush comes from how quickly certain drugs cross the BBB (Blood-Brain Barrier), assuming potency is all relative, which of course it's not, especially with street drugs. Part of the reason that the heroin addiction becomes much more evolved when one switches from sniffing to shooting is because of how quickly diacetylmorphine crosses the blood-brain barrier. It is one of the fastest opiates to cross and BBB also plays roles in other medications.

For example: Loperamide, the active ingredient in Immodium, is an opioid (I believe it is entirely synthetic), but it is not regulated or controlled because only miniscule amounts of it cross the blood-brain barrier and it only binds to opiate receptors in your intestines which is why it's very effective in combating those withdrawal symptoms that originate there (if ya' catch my drift lol).

Now if you drank a metric fuck ton of Immodium/Loperamide you might get a fleeting hint of the edge being taken off withdrawal, but probably so small it wouldn't even be noticeable.

Generally when comparing injectable opiates/opioids and assuming equal potency and adjusted for strength, so for example 50mg of 100% pure morphine versus 25mg of 100% diacetylmorphine (heroin just in case) will be just about equal in strength but heroin will provide a much more intense rush because it crosses the BBB faster.

Sorry if this is old information to some or most of you. There are other factors that play into it as well, but generally it's based on BBB. Faster it can cross into the brain the faster it can fill your receptors and the faster you will feel it.