1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting Opium

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by Hollywood, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollywood

Hollywood Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    can you do this? Iv'e smoked and eaten it, but never heard of anybody shooting. I can only inagine.......................................................................

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Don't be stupid - you can't inject O - it's full of plant matter - now if you want to inject - then you use Heroin - a much nicer stone than O and easier to source.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    you can shoot up opium very well,amsterdam 1960/1970 the most white drugsusers shoot up opium untill heroin came on the market then the opium disappears

4. split tail

split tail Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hollywood

there are no stupid questions

there are stupid answers and stupid people

5. Hollywood

Hollywood Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    We don't get much O here in the states, Plenty of H. I'm only a skip and a hop from Atlanta Georgia. A crazy place...........................................................

6. FrAG

FrAG Newbie

Reputation Points:
    "amsterdam 1960/1970 the most white drugsusers shoot up opium"

some people in our country do this still...

7. EARTHPOD

EARTHPOD Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi,
    (I'm a newbie here)

from what I understand codeine,which is anactiveconstituent at0.7-5%of opium's alkaloids,is /can be dangerous if injected intravenously.
    It may not be so safe to inject init's crude state, however itcould possiblybe cleaned up with a few simple tricks.
    i.e morphine will dissolve well in warm water & codeine will dissolve well in cold water.

Assumeably a less addictive method compared to injecting or smokingis to consume itorally, I believe it would last longer too.

edited by brokenarrow_48 6-Feb-04

8. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    IVing opium will kill you, as will IVing any codeine based opioid. you could IM it but you'd still be left with a big glob of insoluble waxy goo in your muscle.

9. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    114 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Perhaps in the raw form, it would kill you.

But how about IV'ing refined "O" ?

10. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    refined O meaning morphine? that's fine, but if it has codeine in it it'll stop your heart. refining opium generally means removing the leaves/stems/pod pieces by boiling and straining, it won't remove the codeine.

11. NukaCola

NukaCola Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How bad to take is raw unrefined opium stright from a poppy pod? I hear horrible rumors that homeless people who shoot it in despair die after five to ten years, is it true? Also, is unrefined opium at least relativelly safe to take orally?

moved by BA

12. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    shooting opium is deadl because IVing anything with codeine in it is deadly. Unrefined opium is just fine to eat.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    DO NOT INJECT OPIUM! Like someone said before its full of plant material. if that doesnt kill you you will get lots of problems with the other chemicals like codeine, which is harmful when injected.

14. BX EMPEROR

BX EMPEROR Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    why the hell would anyone wanna inject opium anywayz????? it is much easier to find morphine or heroine to inject and it would be much better and safer opium should be smoked or injested the codiene in opium would do a lot of harm if injected

15. cuddleco

cuddleco Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male
    Because you can grow opium at your house with out any effort at all, which means you have free opium and you want something to do with your free opium so you think "hmmmm, LETS INJECT IT!"

Does anyone know how to remove the codiene or to extract the other opiates which are safe to inject? Because everyone is saying "oh no, oh no, don't do it, it is bad to shoot codiene." But, no one has really given any alternatives or productive answers besides "don't it is bad." Of coarse it is bad, so is radiation poisoning, but if someone would not have over looked that we would not have nuclear power plants now would we.

thanks

16. sterckxke

sterckxke

Reputation Points:
    if u all say codeine is Lethal when iv'ed,how do they extract the morphine from the opium without exstracting the codeine??

oops;did read the above post carefully :pEdited by: sterckxke

17. ukdj07

ukdj07 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Re: inject opium

hi evry 1 i am a heroin addict right and i am gunna be growing opium soon i am bored of cannabis i want a challage so ive read the posts use are saying dont dig it bcz of codine i have injected various types of codine such as dahydracodine or df's they dint kill me or fuk me up in the slightist so can any 1 explain how to make somthing you can inject such as morphine oor heroin because the shit we get ere is heroin #4 and its cut wi allsorts u no sos if any 1 could explain id be grateful becase ijecting gives a miles better intense hit that chasin dragan u no thanks

18. samuraigecko

samuraigecko Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth

Morphine and Codeine are separate alkaloids and each has a process for chemical extraction. If one is to google one will find that Most of the Morphine made is actually converted into codeine because of the demand for the "over the counter" drugs such as tylenol etc.

Opium cannot be injected, period. There are quite a few reasons for this.

1: it is a Vegetable latex and will re-solidify in the veins.
    2: one can make the latex into a powder but it still ends up turning into a solid in your veins.
    3: IF opium WAS injectable dont you think that more people would be doing it? 4: Raw Alkaloids do not carry in blood as well as sulphates/phosphates/tartates etc doesnt dissolve easily in blood or remain dissolved.
    5: tinctures of opium in the days long past were used by the medical profession Intravenously with alot of lethal results.
    6: once one "prepares" Opium into an injectable form it is not Morphine or DiacetylMorphine. LOL.

7: If it was injectable THOUSANDS of asians would already be doing it. The drug problem is fairly bad in S.E.Asia, SWIM goes there regularly, no one injects opium there. and of all places, if it was going to happen - its going to happen there. LOL.

One would strongly advise that no one does this, or at the VERY least one would ask people whom think it can be done for a REAL article on how they are doing it.

hope this has been of help, cheers.

19. samuraigecko

samuraigecko Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth

There are alot of articles about this in the "opiate chemistry" section of the forum. Click HERE to go there. One can end up with an injectable form of Morphine from opium latex or CPS solution by precipitating the Morphine out of the solution at pH 9.1 with calcium carbonate or lime calcite. Only Morphine will precipitate into the precipitant except for a small amount of Codeine taint (this Morphine is known as Calcium Morphinate once the precipitant is filtered out and kept all other material is discarded as it only contains other opiate alkaloids which are not suitable for conversion into DM or MS). This will make a Morphine "BASE" this is not water soluble and not suitable for injection as yet. That Morphine base (the Calcium Morphinate) can then be acetylated into DiacetylMorphine rather easily using acetic acid or acetic andrahyde in a technique similar to distillation or it can be turned into Morphine Sulphate Via Methylation in a totally separate process, both techniques remove the Codeine During precipitation although there is still small quantities of Codeine present, further removal or conversion of Codeine happens during Acetylation or Methylation. If one wants to know more about it then the opiate chemistry section of the forum is the appropriate place for such a discussion.

Hope this has been of help :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  20. kschlag88

kschlag88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male

I realize this is an old post but SWIM can tell from very recent experience that injecting the RAW O straight from the pods is not lethal. Depending on when you harvest the pods the effects can differ it also depends on what strain of Poppy you harvest from. In SWIMS experience Persian O had harvested early had a very Codeine/Morphine up like high when injected almost like Oxycontin. However Tasmanian harvested O after fully mature was a more low Heroin like feeling which SWIM prefers much better.

So the different strains have different amounts of alkaloids as for the different times of collecting the Sap. I believe if harvested t o early you get a higher codeine content however if let mature y ou get a higher Morphine content. Wither way it won't kill you or even get you sick. It actually breaks down quite well of course with your normal amount of plant material to deal with but it's just the same as dealing with cut from impure H. Just use a cotton to draw it up. Also SWIM's found it best to use Lemon juice to cook it up. It works every time. For Someone not me of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.