1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - injecting or snorting ativan (Lorazepam)?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by spongegirl, Feb 27, 2005.

1. spongegirl

spongegirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So, is it possible and if it is? how do you do it?[​IMG]

2. mattp

mattp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    the best way to take ativan is by putting it underneth your tongue and
    letting it absorb into the big veins, without swallowing for 10-20
    minutes. snorting it isn't as efficient. as far as shooting it goes,
    find something to extract the fillers, and dissolve it in and you're
    fine

3. spongegirl

spongegirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how do you extract the fillers? (Ain't kidding about the newbie label)
    thanks [​IMG]

4. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    can u inject ativan? i had something injected into me at the hospital for my surgery once and at the ER a couple times, they said it was similar to valium.. if u have any info on this lemme know.

5. Benzhead

Benzhead Titanium Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

It very well could have been Valium(Diazepam), as well as Ativan(Lorazepam) that you were given.

The injectable forms of benzodiazepines differ from the oral forms. I don't have definitive information concerning the formulas for the IV form/sublingual(under the tongue) and common tablets, but they all differ.

It's very risky to inject anything but the IV form, as there are fillers and binders present of unknown substances.

From Martindale:The Complete Drug Reference comes the following:

It doesn't appear that common types of procedures for freebase extraction would work well here.

More fromMartindale's:

RxList shows the following formula for injectable Ativan(Lorazepam):

I could speculate as to what fillers/binders are used for standard tablets, as well as substances toaid the sublingual variety's absorption, but I will not. When dealing with topics of this variety, certainty is a must.However, it is common to use lactose as a filler in benzo tablets, but I do not know if this is the case with Ativan(Lorazepam).

Short version: Just eat them, or try 'under the tongue' absorption.

T

</DIV></DIV>

6. brooklyn718

brooklyn718 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Snorting ativan does indeed work, Ive seen effects with efery benzo in this route of administration, despite what others have told me. I belive the intoxication is due to the drip though.

7. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o Male
    I wouldnt snort ativan..from my experience, the only pleasnt drugs to snort are uppers. Try and remember that, I use it as my guide. haha.

8. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.

You can't! They're full of binders to hold them together in pill form: Imagine what that would do to your veins (not to mention the emboli).

PS: did you even read the rest of this thread? Your question has already been answered.Edited by: jatelka

9. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    ativan isnt great atleast at standard doses, i have injected ativan in injectable form but beware of injecting ativan u crushed the fillers are REALLY bad for u, ur likely to get an infection and collapse a vein so just eat em or take em sublingally (under tongue) they dont snort well but hey try for urself.

10. Kodesh

Kodesh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Injecting Lorazepam

Last Night I injected myself IM with 2 mg of crushed lorazepam. It was the first time i tryed using a needle and i was kind of bored. I didn't happen to think about fillers or anything until i started reading online. I figured they also would just be absorbed. anyways, it still feels very bruised and it's almost if i can feel a bubble of it still im my muscle. should i be worried about infection or anything else?

11. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male
    I've had valium injected once at the dentist and it was so different 1000 x better I thought they were flurting with me and it was so sexual. I was tripping and I thought the nurse was lying down next to me playing with my face it was like i was in heavin. As soon as it wore off tho I was asking for more and didn't even realise they had done the op. I'd say watch out as i can imagine it is very addictive.

It was mad tho where they injected it I felt it rush up my body like when neo touches the glass in the matrix then it hit my head and I was in la la land. Very nice indead.

12. mark_v

mark_v Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWim got injected Valium at the hospital because they shoved a camera down my throath to look inside my stomach.

Man, that injection hit swim HARD !

Nothing alike when taking Valium orally.

Pure heaven !

13. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o Male from Canada
    There are always risks when it comes to using a needle recreationally. All swims are masters of their own destinies, they will use the rig if they so decide. This swim thinks that if one does decide to inject there are better things to punch than downers or sleeping pills. play safe.

14. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I have had ativan injected at the hospital before a procedure recently. I'm thinking it will become the standard because it works without all that unwanted euphoria of valium.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  15. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    Lorazepam is actually pretty much water insoluble.

Merck has it a 0.8mg/ml. (Thank-you, Mouse for that gentle nudge ;), what seems like an awfully long time ago)

The iv/im solution has lorazepam with propylene glycol as the solvent
    The 78% bioavailability intranasally also refers to a spray with propylene glycol as the solvent

So no: Mixing pills with water won't work

You know: I'm getting the weirdest sense of deja-vu here, but I just can't find the other thread/s on this

16. tryptamaster

tryptamaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Ativan and valium are both benzosiazopienes and have similair effects. SNorting ativan causes bio-availibility to go down and is not worth it. Injesting could be risky becasue of fillers. Honestly swim thinks poppin them is the best way.

17. dionysus8522

dionysus8522 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM prefers snorting lorazepam over putting it under his tongue. He has been messing around with that shit for a couple years now, and snorting has definitely given him the results he was looking for. Be careful though, don't go into very busy, populated areas, usually spells trouble. Also, be prepared not to remember a damn thing.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  18. fiveleggedrat

fiveleggedrat Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    For Swim, Lorazepam is a little weaker snorted vs. eaten. Eating on empty stomach feels MUCH stronger than eating with stomach contents. Swim also gets no effects from Sub-L lorazepam.

Swim would like to take brand name Ativan (lorazepam) 1mg tablets and inject them. Would this be a proper method? :

Dissolve in cold water
    Filter out fillers
    Inject

19. lorzapmail

lorzapmail Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male
    SWim tells me, Lorzepam is so good, why would you want to put it in your nose? Under tougue or just swallow 2 or 4 mg. You'll be happy,

20. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    ativan is a dual halogen benzodiazapine, meaning its short acting, removed from the system through glucoordination, and most importantly water soluable (relative to most other benzodiazapines). in fact if swim remembers correctly ativan isnt even lipid soluable, and remains confined to the vascular compartment. though from experience, swim advises against insufflation....it quite often causes nausea.