1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - Injecting Subutex (not Suboxone)

Discussion in 'Buprenorphine' started by debcreature, Jun 9, 2010.

1. debcreature

debcreature Newbie

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o Female
    Hello all,
    SWIM was prescribed subutex last week for opiate withdrawal and have seen several areas where people talk about snorting or injecting it. SWIM is on 2 mgs in the morning and 2 mgs in the evening and has also been taking Klonopin and Prozac. SWIMS question is if I wanted to inject or snort subutex, how would I go about it?

Thanks

2. missparkles

missparkles Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
  3. debcreature

debcreature Newbie

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o Female
    I read that link Sparkles and all they talk about is injecting Suboxone. Swims question is about injecting Subutex. Swim has a rx for Subutex and have been taking 4 mgs for the last 4 days and wonder if injecting or snorting it now would send swim into w/d. If not, how much should I start out doing?

4. truefugazi

truefugazi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Kansas, U.S.A.
    no you wont go into w/d. inject the same amount you would take orally. It honestly doesn't feel any different. You get maybe a slight body high which doesn't feel like an opiate rush at all - just relaxation. But this only lasts for about 5-10mins.

It really isn't worth going through all the BS of drawing up the subutex and putting it in SWIM's vein and having SWIM's arm all fucked up when SWIM could have simply put it in the mouth for EXACTLY the same effect.

Subutex only gets someone high if they are very new to the medication. This phase should last around 7-10 days. After that SWIM should experience a good well being and the feeling of not wanting to use. Basically SWIM's opiate receptors are healing when built up fully in the system.

If anything SWIM should snort the Subutex, SWIM actually finds it better the injecting and dissolving it under SWIM's tongue.

SWIM discovered that subutex lasts about this long when taking in various methods...

Oral Dissolve - 12-16hrs
    Snorting - ~12hrs
    Injecting - ~8-12 hrs.

SWIM has tried all methods and SWIM prefers to snort over them all. SWIM was a heroin addict for 5 years and loved the needle.

5. Experienced user

Experienced user Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from North Carolina
    In my experienced opinion i myself would not inject you will waste these. Strips yea thats ok if u wait 12 hours but subutex i will be honest i have shot it all and snorting a subutex is best way honestly it works faster than eating and last plenty long enough i can do a 2mg snorting and be ok all day a whole 8mg and be well off plus some more. Trust this n try amd thank me later i have no reason to lie. #trulife

6. bbadco

bbadco Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Alabama
    I agree with the post above^^
    My pet rabbit was on subutex. He shot and snorted them. The feeling from shooting only lasts a couple of days, then poof! You no longer will feel that.. Or atleast that's rabbit's experience. Snorting always lasted longer than shooting. Mr. Rabbit suggests that if you shoot, limit how much and always filter. So many nasties in those little pills.

7. Experienced user

Experienced user Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from North Carolina
    Yea mr rabbits right imo i know myself snorting can make you feel ok up to day n a half to 2 days unless u get to where i was and was doin enough h and pills to kill a few people in a day idk how im hear honestly but i never shot tex idk why but now strips or suboxone pills yes i like shooting those but i always got more outta snorting the tex even when i was bad off it could last me all day long no prob..... thank god im alive and clean now and i hope the best for you guys i know how addiction is i struggled many years