1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - Injecting Valium (5mg)

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by debcreature, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debcreature

debcreature

Reputation Points:
    Hello,
    Swim has a few 5mg Valium and was wondering if you can inject it? If you can, does it need to be strained thru cotton or poured straight into the syringe and pull up water? And how many would swim need to get a good high?

Wondering

2. Pondlife

Pondlife Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    I don't think it would work, as Valium (diazepam) is essentially insoluble in water. I believe the injectible form is a stabilised emulsion rather than a solution.

It's also a really bad idea to inject pills because of the binders and other components in the pill that are not intended to be injected can cause problems.

So it's a "no" for two reasons I think.

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    To add to those, I have a feeling that it can hit too fast for the patient to remove the needle from their arm before they hit the ground.

And yeah, injecting pills can lead to blood clots, infections, gangrene, amputation, septic shock, death... bad things

If this patient is at a point in their life where putting valium in their mouth isn't "enough" they may consider some professional consoling.

4. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
  5. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess

Reputation Points:
    May I suggest a search of the Benzodiazepine forum using the prefix "injecting" and take a look at the page of threads that already exist on this topic?

(actually, a page is far too many, I feel a forum tidy coming on!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.