Insufflating Codiene. Anyone try?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by HardCash21, Jul 29, 2004.

1. HardCash21

HardCash21 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've been up and down the codeine section of erowid and found nothing about snorting codiene. This leads me to believe is isn't an effecient way of consuming it..but I could be wrong. Has anyone ever tried it or know someone who has?

2. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    I've tried snorting Percodan, and Percocet, which is one step up from coedine. I did feel the effect of the drug when I snorted it, but it was painful, hard (near impossible) to crush up fine enough, I did feel it in my face, though. Honestly, ingestion is the best method. But, snorting it did work, it's weird, it's like a depressant type buzz after snorting something.. Coedine would probably crush better than the percocet, percodan.

P.S. Little hint- coedine has been known to cause upset stomach's. If you tell a doctor coedine upsets your stomach, there is a chance he/she will upgrade you to percodan or percocet.. which are just a little better, nothing really to jump and sing about!

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    manda, great hint - let me expand upon it. most times that you go to a doctor or hospital they ask if you have any allergies to medication. tell them you are allergic to codine. if they ask what happens when you take it, say it causes rashes and itching. (if you say upset stomache, they will probably try a non-narcotic first.) if you say rashes and itching, or just that you allergic and not expand, the pain medicine will start at hydrocodone or percocet. :)

as far as snorting percocet or vicodin (hydrocodine or hydrocodone) dont do it. it hurts and has acetomonophin which you dont need to be snorting. you can extract codine out of tylenol 3's and then snort the pure codine (doesn't hurt as bad, much better for your liversince acetominophin is so bad for it.)

if you're going to snort a painpill, snort oxycontin ... very little filler, barely notice the burn for a few seconds ... much stronger high :)

4. HardCash21

HardCash21 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the hint Mandy ;) But I don't have them prescribed to me unfortunetely. I get the codiene from overseas. And pinkavvy, it is 15mg codiene sulfate tabs do I don't have to worry about any other additives.

I guess I'll try insufflating one or two tonight depending on how harsh it is (the 15mg tabs are obviously very small). I'll let you know.

5. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Eh..i've snorted Rx codiene time after time. And like percodan and such, I felt it in my face, but it burnt bad. Not worth it in my experience. No clue on the mg's, but they were my friends grandma's and the bottle said "codiene", so i know thats what they were. We crushed up and snorted about 5 at a time between 3 people..

Try it out, it wont hurt you bad obviously. Maybe you have a different type of codiene that is better for snorting. Let me know how it turns out.

6. HardCash21

HardCash21 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well...I find snorting codeine to be much more enjoyable than ingesting orally. I wouldn't suggest doing this unless you have uncoated tabs.

About 3-5 minutes after insufflating I had a nice head rush almost reminiscent of thebeginning stagesof ecstasy. From there lasted about 1.5 to 2 hours of a typical benzo high but with a mild euphoria.

All in all it was pretty cool. I would do it again, no doubt. The only bad part is the nasty stomach ache I get from codeine which kind of sucks right now. Better grab a couple alka seltzers. hehe PEACE

7. yayooxy

yayooxy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I had my wisdoms out and they gave me percocet like 75 of them . I could not swallow or open my mouth so i heard someone say b4 that you could sniff them. so i did ,Man did it burn ,but i liked the high so i then switched to oxys big mistake i got ridiculous but i did the withdrawl thing which was hideous ,but now im back to sniffing the percs to stay away from the oxys then i want to go to t1s then i want to be clean,,,,,dose anyone know if you can sniff those????:confused:

8. toighttoiger

toighttoiger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This is interesting because i had always thought that codeine had to be converted by the liver into morphine if you wanted to get any psychoactive effects from it, but then i thought about it and remembered hearing stories about people injecting codeine (NOT a good idea), which like snorting, would bypass your liver. So i guess codeine is active without conversion to morphine. anyone in here who actually knows the definitive answer to this want to fill me in.

9. samuraigecko

samuraigecko Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I find snorting Codeine a waste of time really. Seems much more readily absorbed by the body when dissolved in water and ingested that way. I have felt little to nothing when snorting codeine but felt the effects from the same dosage when ingested in the way described above.

His opinion only :)
    Hope it has helped.

10. yayooxy

yayooxy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    ty but i seem to have this snorting addiction i think,,, I think its because i did coke for three years straight....now that ive snorted im having a terrible time going back to ingesting,,, weird

11. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    IVing codeine is highly unpleasant, producing flu-like symptoms. One of SWIM's acquaintances once tried-- SWIM did warn him :) Hypothetically, snorting enough would do the same-- and hurt your nose.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  12. JaWill88

JaWill88 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    interesting thread but please swiys read the rules... use SWIM (Someone Who Isn't Me) to tell yous (Someone Who Isn't You) stories. anyways when swim first started using opioids sometimes he would snort his vicoden or percoset or whatever, mainly when not having much so I could get more effect. but swim new ingesting was much better as snorting something like 500mg of acetimnophen per pill is rediculous and not worth it in any way. I has snorted codeine and can say it was quite nice. but it's been years since I has done ANY other opioid drug besides heroin (diacetylmorphine). by the way, cold water extration is the greates thing ever when it comes to opioids with NSAIDS (acetimophen, ibuprophen, ect.). I used to get like 20 vicodin (hydrocodone) or percoset (oxycodone) and do CWE and its just awesome cause I used to LOVE snorting things and that makes any opioid good to snort, even codeine. damn it's hard to type. I injected .5 of a gram of diacetylmorphine about 45 minutes ago and hasn't done it in quite some time. he also smoked a lot of crack before the shot. I used the heroin to come down. swim also ate .5mg clonazepam (Klonopin/Rivotril), 1mg lorazepam (Ativan), and 1mg alprazolam (Xanax) throughout the crack smoking. I feel pretty damn good but hard to type lol. at least I didn't shoot the cocaine and decided to rock it up. swim refuses to intravenously inject cocaine anymore as EVERY SINGLE TIME he does it he gets into trouble of some sort. sorry for going off topic but swim just wants to let people know where all these petty little opioids are capable of going. just watch out that is what I am trying to say. swim brings this up as he can not bare to snort anything anymore except the occasional line of cocaine (which is just like flushing it down the toilet, pointless) and heroin if he must when he has no needle. I used to love to snort things but now if he snorts the smallest ammount of anything it fucks up his nose for like a week. swihardcash, are you prescribed codeine or does You just buy them overseas w/o prescription. just curious but You doesn't have to answer that if You not comfortable. I am prescribed clonazepam but only gets like 20ct 1mg pills for like a month. I could eat all those in a day. I am thinking about ordering clonazepam online without a prescription. swim can get 90 ct. 2mg pills for dirt cheap. lets just say under $100. hope that isn't breaking the rules as it is not saying what swim IS paying for them. swim just wonders if other people do this as well (order meds without script) and have success and wonder if people do this on a regular basis. sorry for going off topic but this topic made swim think of this. but enough rambling as I am feeling damn good, point is cold water extraction is a blessing because it gets rid of all the NSAIDS from opioids so one can do whatever they want with it. if anyone on Drugs Forum is actually snorting these pills (vic, perc, whatever with NSAIDS) they are quite... well not exactly smart lol. I am not trying to put anyone down as I did this himself at one point but it is rediculous.

13. yayooxy

yayooxy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    so in other words your saying swallowing them are far more effective
    //??????ive basically just wasting them?

14. yayooxy

yayooxy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    dont really like clonazepam.. makes me bump into things ,,,valium is the one for me

15. Tortoise

Tortoise Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Theoretically, snorting codeine will work, but it won't work any better than swallowing it. Sure, snorting avoids first-pass liver metabolism which is needed to convert it into morphine, but it still eventually ends up in the liver and still eventually gets converted into morphine, it just may take a few more minutes. Therefore, you're unlikely to get much of a rush.

The other thing is, it is difficult for most people to get their hands on pure codeine in powder form as it usually comes with APAP. Sure you could do a CWE and evaporate it, but that's a lot of work. I tried it once and found it to be quite wasteful too, as the codeine was hard to scrape up.

If I did have codeine in powder form he would only consider snorting it if he wanted to get high, but had a full stomach (he rarely enjoys codeine on a full stomach). Even then, plugging it is potentially a better option.

Hope this helps!

Oh, and BTW, this should be in the codeine section....

16. yayooxy

yayooxy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    wHAT DOSE PLUGGING MEAN> AND HOW DO I EXTRACT THE CODINE??iLL GIVE YOU MY YAHOO ADARESS IF ITS EASIER TO TALK THAT WAY....THANKS

17. yayooxy

yayooxy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I DID NOT REALIZE THAT CODINE WAS IN PERCOCER.............................:eek:

18. Tortoise

Tortoise Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    What is Percocer? Do you mean Percocet? I so, there is no codeine in percocet only acetaminophen and oxycodone.

Plugging means rectal administration. In other words, squirt it up your ass!

19. yayooxy

yayooxy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Rectal admin.....No thanks ill let swim just sniff it ...

20. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Codeine should not be snorted and certainly not smoked/vaporised or injected. Doing so can cause a massive release of histamine which can kill. The demethylated form of codeine, morphine, also has this side-effect to some effect. When injected, morphine often causes the "pins and needles" feeling, this is due to histamine release.