Snorting - Insufflating vodka?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by zera, Nov 15, 2006.

1. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    So some of swim's retarded frat friends have taken to what swim can only assume is a retarded past time, namely something called "Chili Wilis." This basically entails taking some vodka and snorting it into one's nose. I have to say this sounds like a terrible idea to him, at the quantities of vodka needed to achieve intoxication there has to be massive damage done to the nose.

Swim told his friends that if they're going to destroy their septum that they "might as well do it with something cool like coke." Anyway I would like to persuade them to quit (at least what he perceives to be) a terrible habit and was wondering if anyone here could provide an argument against it. Ethanol will damage the nose, correct?

Anyone else notice this trend popping up?

2. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Well, not the trend of snorting an alcohol containing liquid, but I do no of the fenomenon of snifting, inhaling vapourized alcohol.

3. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    it's a phase that soon passes with age & common sense. You will find very few people over the age of about 12 and a half do this in civilised countries with sensible licensing laws.

4. Dj mOonShiNe

Dj mOonShiNe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    on one or two occations when SWIM, was learning how to still, he has been stupid enough to forget to put in the thermometer and associated rubber bung getting quite drunk of the vapor in the process. This type of drunkenes seems to peak rapidly often leaving SWIM with a headache(probs the metho)
    I have a freind who while traveling in Europe aquired with a buch of frends a bunch of undrinkable (for them) alcahol wich they cooked on the stove of their campervan with all the doors and windows shut.
    BUT SNORTING LIQUID.. u gotta be joking.
    reminds SWIM of going to raves in the early 90's perth watching kids snort MEDIC.. eagh!!

5. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I know what you mean by the first two, not the third. I don't want to seem nitpicky, but i try to acknowledge that slang words i know for things are not used elsewhere, so i try to use terms everyone will understand. What is medic? Maybe say "distillation of alcohol" instead of "still"? Just a suggestion.

6. Dj mOonShiNe

Dj mOonShiNe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sorry SWIM figured that it would be understood due to the forum he was posting in. will be more precice in future, SWIM's call it stilling to all his friends so didn't think.
    on th subject of medic I don't know what it is an the first time he saw it was at thease partys. Aparently it's sprayed on sports injurys and it smells like camphor..
    again EAGH!!!!

7. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ow.... really, thats gotta hurt like a mofuck

8. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    lol... swia herd about this charade along time ago. was even offered to try but she said she didn't drink so she watched them do it, she could anticipate the sore noses they had as they do it, the watery eyes that followered..

9. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Maybe the same deal as inhaling Vicks vapo-rub on while rollin E..

10. radagast

radagast Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I used to snort vodka at the end of every nose candy session to clean out and "sterilise" his tubes

was probably really stupid
    he's never had any nasal probs tho'

11. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I actually heard a pretty funny story about this (well, subjectively funny). One of my friends at UPenn said he met this kid one night who said snorting vodka was an insane rush and that it was the best way to ingest. So, being the cynics me and my friends are, my friend completely egged the kid on to man up and prove it. The kid, who is already pretty drunk, agrees and does like one bottle cap or something worth and said it was awesome and that he could do it again if he wanted to. So, he gets egged on to do it again and the idiot does. This time he winds up on the floor screaming and crying over the worst pain he had ever felt. This went on, as I'm told, for about 10 minutes (during which my friend left because he wasn't friends with this moron to begin with). Moral of the story is don't snort vodka, its stupid.

Tags: