insufflation

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by fatal, Mar 2, 2006.

1. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The recent thread on nasalspray administration of psychedelics got me thinking about something. I was thinking about insufflating a liquid solution and i cant remember ever really hearing of it except for the nasal spray thing which is kinda similar. Anyone have any thoughts on this subject?

:snort: :snort: :snort: :snort: :snort: :snort:
    :eek:
    :smoking:

2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
  3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I have read reports of people snorting liquid. They said they snorted a small amount of DOC which was dissolved in water. I do not think snorting alcohol would be a good idea you will only want to be snorting a small amount. Snorting 2c-s is probably more dangerous and snorting some tryptamines doesnt even increase the potency significantly. You should probably only be snorting an rc active in very small quantities. Snorting 2c-e is bad already but snorting 10mg mixed in water would probably make it worse.
    Do some more research on snorting rcs and you will find that it is going to burn like hell with some of them. I have heard DOC isnt too bad but someone else said that it was worse than 2c-e. I dont know who to believe but if it is anywhere near as bad as 2c-e then it is not worth it. Also snorting DPT mixed with water would be wierd because you would need so much water.

So yea UTFSE to get more info this is all I know. SWIM Might be interested in trying DOC by this method in future experimentation but probably nothing else. Just make sure it is weighted properly because snorting makes some Rcs even more dose sensitive.

4. napoleon in rags

napoleon in rags Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I've said it once (in the nasal spray thread) and i'll say it again: Insuffulation of an un-researched chemical (in powder form) is one thing..... But that same chemical can turn into a completely different animal if you're talking about braffing liquid. The chemical will be absorbed MUCH quicker into your bloodstream than with powder, and therefore trying to administer the correct dose could be DISASTEROUS to your pet gerbils.

Be careful

5. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I thought this was a forum of discussion which is why i did utfse and then start a discussion. Honestly i was hoping that people would possibly have some experience to share about liquid nasal delivery of LSD. Just to agree with the obvious fact and restate it for everyones benefit napoleon and raven are right that snorting Research Chemicals is a fairly uncertain and dangerous practice that should never be engaged in by anyone, and the practice of snorting liquid could possibly be more potent and more dangerous. so if this is something you plan on doing please be careful about dosages and try to move up slowly regardless of if you are experienced with the certain compound as this, although similar to dry insufflation, is a different concept and could have an effect on the potency. In some cases this has already proven to be a dangerous complication with dry insufflation. Be safe.

(<
    :snort:
    :eek:
    :smoking:

6. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Another thought... I could see the liquid used to make the solution could also have an effect on absorbtion and thusly potency etc. so just because a substance behaves one way in a certain solution doesnt necessarily mean it wouldnt behave differently if the solution was changed in a different batch.

7. GeographyGeography

GeographyGeography Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Ohio, U.S.A.
    insufflation of unresearched chemicals into the nose is a huge health risk for countless reasons. It goes very much against the harm reduction spirit of DF

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  8. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DOC is a very powerful psychedelic. I dont know what the dosage would be via insufflation, but it is probably not the best way to take this compound. I would definitely say dosage would be less than 1mg, probably less than 0.5mg. I would suggest against insufflating DOC.