Insuflating DMT freebase.

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by jardo, Jan 3, 2007.

1. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    SWIm tried this a while ago. For anyone who has inconsistent smoking technique like SWIM, You may want to try insuflation.

SWIM insuflated a dose of 50mg of DMT one night. The nasal discomfort is awful, but the effects can be quite astounding.

While smoking sends you immediately into hyperspace, insuflating is like a gentle ride in and out of hyperspace. The effects for SWIM began to show at about t+5mins, and lasted for about t+40 mins.

The closed eye visuals were much slower moving, but just as intense as if smoked.

Just beware, the nasal burn can be very irritating. It's not something I would recommend doing every session, but is great for a relaxed version of hyerspace.

2. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Anyone have any idea what acid to use (that will form crystals), or how to make an easily water soluble form of DMT, to eliminate some of the burning from insufflation?

3. jammon

jammon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    yes, put your freebase dmt in a jar with 250 ml of vinegar and 750 ml of water
    that will convert the dmt back to a salts
    now how the hell do you evaporate the liquid?
    thats something i wanna know. Could alcohol replace water? cause then you could boil the solution a bit, that would evaporate the vinegar, and then alcohol could be evaporated easily, leavin your dmt salts (insuflatable)

4. CrookedEye

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was thinking more along the lines of adding hydrochloric acid to the DMT (muriatic acid aka 36% HCl in water).. Since HCl is a gas without the presence of water, I would think that once all the water evaporated, and the excess HCl evaporated off (being that having no water would make HCl turn to gas and evap/dissipate off), any excess acid would be eliminated.. I would think this to be DMT HCl.. Supposedly, it doesn't crystallize well, but it's worth a shot...

5. dreamatrix

dreamatrix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    swim tried this and its very hard to get anything worthwhile out of this,you get some leftovers that smell like dmt when swim burned it but it stays gooish no crystals, try reading up on what shulgin says about it,, he even considers it pretty hard to do ,, so swimm guess s when the master says somth we better listen ,....there is some mentioning about a fumerate too ,,

6. jammon

jammon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    swim just put his freebase dmt in a solution of 2 parts ethanol 1 part vinegar
    thats the easiest way of convering them to salts!
    then swim must boil it a bit untill vinegar evaporates
    then evaporating the alcohol is easy
    swim just take a swim

7. CrookedEye

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The salt form will not vaporize, and should be used for snorting/insufflating.. I would suggest trying to snort the product, not trying to smoke DMT HCl, crystals or not..

8. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I tried covering 300mg DMT freebase with water and adding tiny amounts of HCl and stirring until the crystals dissolved.
    This solution was put into a nasal inhaler and snuffed - though not all at once.
    No effect.

9. gplant

gplant Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    this is kind of off topic but could one dissolve already formed crystals in naphtha and re freezer-precipitate the crystals? I don't like the look of hwo they turned out compared to another batch.

10. quantumbrujo

quantumbrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o
    swimsays he does an ammonia wash and the 4 recrystalizations and it's very snortable when super clean.It burns the nose just for about three minutes..