1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Insulffation of Tramadol?

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by umich, Mar 17, 2007.

1. umich

umich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Aug 26, 2004
    from U.S.A.
    I have experience with opiates and is curious if one can insulffate tramadol? I am sorry if this is already on another thread but I have searched for it on the search engine with no results. Any insight? Thanks
  2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Jul 12, 2004
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Pure Tramadol, highly likely... tramadol tablets, depends on the makeup (there are quite a few variations). Generally speaking, snorting tablets without first extracting the active drug from the fillers/binders doesn't work well.
  3. Zaprenz

Zaprenz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Jan 28, 2007
    Although tramadol doesn't work in exactly the same way as codeine it does share some similarities. Firstly its desmethyl-T metabolite has the highest mu-opioid activty so (like codeine) snorting is useless if one is waiting for it to inevintably be transformed into another active chemical.

There are a few studies which seem to suggest intravenous tramadol has benefits over oral - suggesting a benefit in fast absorption(e.g snorting). However considering you have to snort whatever else is contained in a capsule/tablet and put up with a horrible drip I would imagine there is very little benefit if at all.

Even the intravenous tramadol in one study showed major differences between formulation and effect. So snorting a pill/capsule which isn't designed to be snorted may even waste some of the effect through ineffecient absorption.