Insulffation of Tramadol?

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by umich, Mar 17, 2007.

1. umich

umich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have experience with opiates and is curious if one can insulffate tramadol? I am sorry if this is already on another thread but I have searched for it on the search engine with no results. Any insight? Thanks

2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Pure Tramadol, highly likely... tramadol tablets, depends on the makeup (there are quite a few variations). Generally speaking, snorting tablets without first extracting the active drug from the fillers/binders doesn't work well.

3. Zaprenz

Zaprenz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Although tramadol doesn't work in exactly the same way as codeine it does share some similarities. Firstly its desmethyl-T metabolite has the highest mu-opioid activty so (like codeine) snorting is useless if one is waiting for it to inevintably be transformed into another active chemical.

There are a few studies which seem to suggest intravenous tramadol has benefits over oral - suggesting a benefit in fast absorption(e.g snorting). However considering you have to snort whatever else is contained in a capsule/tablet and put up with a horrible drip I would imagine there is very little benefit if at all.

Even the intravenous tramadol in one study showed major differences between formulation and effect. So snorting a pill/capsule which isn't designed to be snorted may even waste some of the effect through ineffecient absorption.

1. 4/5,
      extremely informative answer
      Nov 5, 2010