interesting LSA idea

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by HippieD9, Jan 11, 2005.

1. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Another interesting idea found while looking around, god bless copy-paste [​IMG]

Soon I will be attempting a different Morning Glory ritual if it is indeed practical. So I wanted to run it through PsychoAction conversation filter first for any flaws that may be present. My theory is that most of the LSA alkaloids are within the sprout and not within the shell, and most of the toxins are vice-versa. So I'm wondering if anyone knows the percentage of the LSA, Toxins, and nauseants is in what part of the seed. Does the inner sprout have any toxins? Depending on the feed back I might try to do the cold water extraction, but first place the seeds into a jar of distilled water for three-four days changing the water a few times, and then when the white sprouts show themselves take off the outer shell. Then I'll wait for the sprouts to try, grind them up and finish with the rest of the coldwater extraction as normal. This will at least remove the Shell that should have a very low LSA content, and hopefully there is a very low percentage of toxins already in the sprouts. This would probably lead for a better experience with at least a little bit less of the overwhelming bad stomach feeling without having to deal with Petroleum Ether and other things that go Boom!

Hmmm... very interesting idea...
    The alkaloids we're after reside in the embryo of the seed, there are none (or very little) in the rest of the seed. However it's in the rest of the seed that the soaps and essential oils are found which are mostly responsible for the nausea.

Germinating the seeds, letting them shed their seed-coats, then drying them and consuming, would be a great way to avoid most of the soaps and oils without using non-polar solvent. However, expect some loss of alkaloids, as the young seedlings are rapidly consuming internally stored compounds until the first true leaves appear.

However... grow out a few of those seedlings. The entire plant contains some lysergic acid amides, particularly the flowers (an hallucinogenic wine can be brewed from the flowers), but even the leaves contain some as well...

(Petroleum ether, aka white gasoline, aka naphtha, isn't *that* dangerous, after all millions of people pump their own gas, only a few end up as human torches... just don't work with it in an enclosed space, don't let fumes build up to flammable levels.)

2. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    Well, that indeed is an intresting theory.
    If anyone tries it, let us know :D
    Anyway, maybe I'm about to grow some morning glorys and I don't wanna waste the stems, leaves and flowers (if the contain lsa). Does anyone know any methods to extract LSA from these parts of the plant?

3. Alquimista

Alquimista Newbie

Reputation Points:
    That wine story has been declared utter bullshit by some chemists (cant confirm cant deny - im not a chemist :p)

with or without the seedcoating you will still recieve nausea. it has been tried & tested.

about the plant having alkaloids within also is logical. the only problem is probably that there arent so many % as in the seeds.

im really interested of the cultivation process however. altering the soil and conditions its possible to make more alkaloids and stroner ones. i havent found any certain information on it but it should be possible.

4. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I dont know about MGs, but I know with mushrooms one could inject tryptamine base into the grow media, and raise the avg. potency of the shrooms from around .4% to about 3%. I'm not sure if MG or Hawaiian Baby Woodrose plants metabolize things the same way, but it sounds possible.

Peace,

D.