Invader Zim mescaline Extraction

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by PsychoActiveChuck, Aug 13, 2006.

1. PsychoActiveChuck

PsychoActiveChuck Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was fucking around on video.google.com today. Typed in mescaline in the search browser and found http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2164471661630252647&q=mescaline.

The guy has corny pics of the nick show,But it looks like a good technique for extracting mescul. Watching a person do it really makes it easier. I thought it was funny that he had TiKAL and PiKAL books right behind where he was extracting :p.

BTW, he just uses the green skin part when other extractions say to use the whole cactus. Does this mean the interior white part is useless ?

2. Barebonejoe

Barebonejoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    When SWIM first got into cacti, he heard shamans only used the green flesh directly under the outer skin because the white flesh caused nausia.

I use all of it becaues he later heard that the white flesh actually DOES contain mescaline, it just isn't quite as potent as the green flesh.

Unless you have more San Pedro than you know what to do with, I recomend using all of the cacti, except the core and spines.

3. PsychoActiveChuck

PsychoActiveChuck Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Your post is hypocritical. Or am i just misunderstanding? White flesh / core are the same thing arn't they ??

4. Barebonejoe

Barebonejoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Nope, the core is the woody/fiberous cylinder shape that runs along the center of the cactus.

The potent green flesh is only a few milimeters thick beneath the outer skin. Between that and the core is the white flesh.

5. PsychoActiveChuck

PsychoActiveChuck Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ahh I understand now. Thanks

6. Jackyl

Jackyl Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from virgin_islands
    Nice find! There are a few points Jackyl would like to discuss after seeing the movie: when starting the extraction, maybe it is better to use a diluted hydrochloric acid solution. Mescaline HCl has a higher water solubility when compared to mescaline free base. Because the base is converted to HCl salts more can go into solution. As a consequence more base will be removed from the green powder. This will give a higher extraction efficiency (unless you are willing to shake the NaOH/cacti mixtures in the extraction vessel for hours, to have similar results).

The last part of the procedure is "doubtful". Instead of boiling down an acidic solution of mescaline for hours, it is suggested to do an HCl crystallization of the collected base in ether or petroleum ether. Somehow Jackyl feels uncomfortable when looking at the darkening of the boiling (and probably decomposing?) material inside the pan. Clean mescaline should be white crystals and the crystallization more likely will give purer product.

From a safety point of view: when working with concentrated acids you should have good ventilation, wear the usual protective gear and donĀ“t forget to wear gloves! Handling acids without gloves is a good way to test whether you work clean. You will be reminded when you spoil something on your hands ;-P. And use (laboratory) glass ware to dose and add the acid.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  7. Zentaurus41

Zentaurus41 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from guatemala
    Ok so being advised by a friend that I should check out other forums about the zim video to protect a friends of a friends identity as some how the thing originaly intended for private use by another forum leaked and spread onto google video. So I kind of stumbaled my way here and well i just coudnt resist to mention a few things my self.

Well in the video a small amount of HCL was used and mixed with water which was able to convert the mescaline base in the xylene to a salt which was then able to be disolved in the water layer of the solutions.

I am not sure what you mean about more base being extrated from the cacti as the NaOH is used to aid in the breaking of the cell walls of the cacti to release mescaline and also to convert the mescaline into a base so that it can be easily disolved into the nonpolar xylene solvant.

As for the brown looking material at the end well this is by no way an indication of decoposition as mescaline is a very very stable molecule.
    If anything the dark colour is brought about by using too much acid and is harmless. When the video was made it was only intended as a basic guide for begginers to use. As to get a cleaner whiter product tritation would be needed such as bringing the water to a ph of about 5 then washing the solvent and takeing a sample of the acid water solution reading its ph and then adding more acid till it reaches a ph of 6, which would be repeated a few time to ensure purity.

Then there would be the extra step of cleaning the product at the end which would of over complicated things.

As for safty well yes if you gona evaporate the acid water id make sure things are well ventelated as the hcl gass wouldnt realy harm you but if too much acid is used will start to eat away at anything that is metal in the room.

I ll stick around for a while if the community needs any help.

8. 420sublime420

420sublime420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Holy cow all of this information is extremely thorough and useful. Thank you all for ya'lls contributions. I will give ya'll good rep points.