Irish Stoners Needed for Study

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Mr. Giraffe, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Mr. Giraffe

Mr. Giraffe Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Hi folks,

The good folks at Trinity College, Dublin, are currently doing a study on the effects of cannabis on the brain. Given that you're all such clever chaps, I thought it would be a good idea to ask if anyone could spare two hours of their time in the service of science. The chap conducting the study is finding it difficult to find guinea pigs (something to do with stoners being secretive buggers); so if you're an Irish cannabis user and would be willing to get into a brain scanner for an hour for the princely compensation of 30 euro (in vouchers, mind, since anti-drug Queen Grainne Kenny has forced a reversal of Trinity's policy to pay participants in cash), PM me and I'll send you the good doctor's details forthwith.

(Incidentally, you also get some rather nifty pics of your brain afterwards... think of it as a free tumor search!)

Thanks for your time.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Do they give poster print outs?

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I assume this would require a trip up to the Trinity campus itself? Screw that for a couple of vouchers. Whoever is conducting this study might have a hard time finding solid results. Considering they are attempting to undertake a study about CANNABIS' effects on the brain, they'd better well avoid subjects whose brains are fucked up with soapbar. I've seen Irish studies that have deemed cannabis CARCINOGENIC of all things. The majority of the cannabis market in Ireland is still soapbar so this study, if not done correctly, could throw up some very misleading results.

4. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Just ask them if they use actual cannabis or if they use soapbar, and take that into consideration for your scientific conclusion.

5. Mr. Giraffe

Mr. Giraffe Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Anyone who's interested in contacting the researcher can get in touch at [email protected].

Regarding soap, it's unfortunate but inevitable that a lot of the guneau pig smokers will be users of soap, but on the other hand, that's the type of 'cannabis' a lot of people smoke. Finding out what impact it has is important, but it would be useful if they explicitly seperated it from pure cannabis.

And yes, volunteers would have to travel to Dublin. Screw that for a couple of vouchers indeed!

6. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For the sake of drug knowledge, all you yous DO NOT go to those tests if you suffer from any known psychological disorder, even just a slight one. They will take everything they find and connect it to the weed. Like they did everytime

7. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    They should have done this study in Jamaica.

8. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Heh, seeing your post here actually makes me wonder if the anti-drug zealots have ever done the converse of what you're suggesting....Signed up for these studies claiming to be drug users, and faking a mental illness or stupidity, or referring drug users that they know have problems...I wouldn't put it past them in the slightest...