Opinions - Is an LSD trip similar to salvia divinorum?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by lopper7, Oct 13, 2005.

1. lopper7

lopper7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jatelka EDIT: This is a combined thread, and the earlier posts are from before the "No Self-Incrimination" rule came into play

I've done salvia several times. It was very bizarre, but I didn't find it really pleasant.

Is lsd trip similar? What's the difference? (Besides duration, of course)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
  2. dclacomb

dclacomb Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It's not something that can easily be explained, especially if your
    only reference point is salvia. LSD and salvia are about as
    dissimilar as psychedlics get. Read the erowid vault on LSD, if
    you still have questions (i.e. specific) we could better help you after
    you have read it.

3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Salvia and LSD are nothing alike. For one like you noted the duration is much longer with LSD. I also think the euphoria is much greater with LSD and it isnt as wierd as salvia. Salvia IMO isnt very fun but LSD can be very plesurable and entertaining. As far as similarities, there really arent any that I can think of. I mean, both drugs make you "trip" but an LSD trip and salvia trip are very far from one another. I would say salvia is just as intense as an lsd trip but in a completely different way. Salvia has more of a body load too. I think salvia leaves you im an overall state of comfusion and chaos when LSd has the tendancy to leave SWIM in a state of clarity. You should really give LSD a try, then you will be able to know the differences. Its kinda hard to explain in words, but really those two drugs are nothing alike.

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    LSD and Salvia . . . how are they the same?

First, all Psychedelics are the same in one way: Your consciousness will be pushed into directions that you do not usually go. You may see things which are Not there. You may see things in a way that you never saw them before. Your hearing may be picking up things that you usually don't pay attention to. But, definitely you will be thinking in a different way (as you found out with Salvia).

The Salvia trip is more like a Rocket Ship. By the time you exhale a hit, you are on-your-way. In a few seconds, you have passed from being completely normal (whatever that is), into the Peak of the experience. Then, after a few minutes, your mind is beginning to return from the trip. Reality fills in quickly, as pieces of your mind start grasping that the trip is over. Soon, all you have to remember about the time is the taste of the Salvia.

LSD (and most RCs) take quite a long time to begin. So, part of the time is waiting to actually feel something different happening. Then theeffects begin. First there's something ... but your mind is still here. Soon, for a few seconds, you can pass through a vivid day-dream. Wow! What was that? Over the period of an hour or so, the effects steadily increase, and soon you are cruising through the Peak time. A couple hours of Peak follow. Then, you begin the long journey back to normalcy.

Lopper states: "I've done salvia several times. It was very bizarre." It would nice if you could describe a few seconds of a memorable part of one of your Salvia trips. It may well be that a piece of an LSD trip will be somewhat like it. But, generally, the Salvia is probably banging so hard on your brain that it's just a little too intense. LSD will be less intense than that, but it will last 20 times longer.

Because of LSD's easier ride, you can control the journey a whole lot better than a Salvia trip. But, be prepared for the incredible length of the trip. This is (one reason) why they call it a trip ... it's long, and can (sometimes) feel like months of time are passing by. It reminds me of a bumper-sticker I read back in the 70s: "I smoked marijuana for a month last night."

The shear length of the trip is one reason that many people invite a guide to share it with them (at least for their first trip). The guide waits for you to wonder: "Am I going to feel like this forever?" Then he smiles and says: "Don't worry, you are under the influence of LSD; this too shall pass." Then you go: "Oh yeah!" and relax back into this new Universe.

Try LSD some time. Then tell us how it's different from Salvia, and how it's the same. All psychedelics are there, waiting for us to try them. Some will be more fun, but they all stretch the mind in new directions. I'm lucky enough to love the experience. One statistic I read: More than half of all people trip only once. Some of us do it over-and-over. You have the rest of your life to decide which one you are.

5. lopper7

lopper7 Newbie

Reputation Points:

1. I was standing in a toilet, and suddenly I saw a sunny meadow instead of the wall.

2. The world startedstetching and everything seemed totally toy-like.I experienced some absolutely incredible thoughts - but they just WEREN'T MINE!!! It was something between hearing whispering rhymesand feeling alien ideas, which were transported directly into my mind from thesource outside. That source was the surface of the stairs, and I understood, that it was the Mice King talking to me from there.

6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    It sounds a lot like what LSD can do.

One of the effects of LSD is replacing what is in front of you with something else. For instance, "suddenly I saw a sunny meadow instead of the wall." This has happened to me on LSD. I have had this exact hallucination. And many times I have a vivid day-dream (or call it a hallucination) like it: A snow-capped mountain ... my bedroom when I was 5 years old ... a beautiful lake.

More than once, I have heard my kitty cat talking to me; she has some pretty good ideas. This reminds me of your other hallucination: "I experienced some absolutely incredible thoughts - but they just WEREN'T MINE!!!" If the thoughts were great, it doesn't matter where they come from. First they belonged to someone else, then they became your thoughts. You are lucky. Learn from wherever you can.

If these experiences were OK for you, I think you will really enjoy an LSD trip. Part of the trick for having a great trip is accepting what is happening, and then enjoy it.

7. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Good post solidly-here. I think one of the major differences which solidly has mentioned is the come up peroid. Its so fast for salvia that you really dont have much time to brace yourself. I have seen maky people freak out because of this. With LSD, the come up is a lot more gradual so once you start to feel the effects, they slowly build up to the peak and you are able to adjust to your surroundings and get comftorable with your trip. Salvia just hits you so hard that you dont know what happend and often forget you even took a drug which can make things even scarier. Salvia is a lot less fun IMO than LSD too and a lot less introspective. There are things to learn from a salvia trip, dont get me wrong, but I feel that LSD reeps way more benefits than salvia. Its so easy to lose touch with your surroiundings on salvia and it all happens so fast that its frightening. Both drugs will take you to far away lands but in completely different ways. IMO salvia is more like a dream state, sometimes even like a nightmare. LSD is more of a visionary state with awesome euphoria, awesome visuals, and ego death with a high enough dose. The enviroment is critical for both drugs but probably more so with salvia. There are very few places my friend will do salvia now. He has fallen out of chairs onto the ground and has seen people almost run in an attic and fall through the celing. You really need a trip sitter with salvia to make sure the tripper doesnt get up and hurt themselves. Its always good to have a sitter with LSD but in my friends experiences people dont lose touch as easily with LSD and dont have as high of a loss in motor control.

8. kaniz

kaniz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wouldnt say LSD and S.D are anything alike. S.D is a very out of body expierence, where LSD for me, felt very in-body for me.

On LSD, the only time I ever felt out of control, is what I call the
    first perioid of 'mania'. Everything just feels manic and over the top,
    its like my body is re-adjusting to a new reality. During this point, I
    just like to roll around/laugh, I just feel GONE. That only lasts maye
    ~1hr, and then I feel very much "in body", I feel clarity, I feel
    connected.

With S.D, I find I just feel BOOM, out of it. The connection between me
    and reality isnt there anymore. S.D also has a very high body load,
    where LSD I find doesnt have much.

On S.D, you're not incontrol of your body or anything really.

9. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    First and Foremost, LSD and Saliva are both much different. Saliva is a herb which grows wild and it's leaves contains a potent salvinoria-A. It's known for it's "psychedlic" use when smoked, yet many times from smoking Saliva, i didn't experience anything out of the ordinary, and was disapointed with the results. As reported on www.erowid.com and many other sites, Saliva's effects are commonly said to be "unpleasant". Yet, i wouldn't say unpleasant, because i felt nothing. Also Saliva contains, Salvinoria A and Salinorin B which are naturally occuring chemicals that are not structurally similar to any other common psychactives...such as LSD-25. The whole experience with Saliva depends on the doseage just like any other substance. Also Saliva worked pharmacology speaking, on the Kappa-Opioid receptor system.

And now for LSD-25....It's classified as a Psychedelic, which Saliva is not. LSD is active in extremely low doeses (unlike saliva) and is available in not on blotter form but also liquid. Also, LSD-25 is illegal in the USA, and is a Schedule 1 drug, while Saliva is non-scheduled...which is a huge difference.

Mainly the point i'm trying to get across is that they are two drugs that are different. Just remember to always research before taking anything, but also have fun.

Edited by: pharmapsyche

10. Mrmiyagi

Mrmiyagi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Salvia vs. LSD

I was unsure of whether to post this in the salvia forum or the LSD forum. I was at his friends house the other night and was looking for some LSD. My friend suggested trying Salvia first for a first time hallucinogenic experiance. I was disapointed but could see the logic behind this suggestion.

I went out and bought some Salvia. It took a few times before swim tripped out. When he did there was a very wierd pulling feeling as if My world was being pulled to the right. Not something Swim particularly enjoys. The trips weren't exactly what he was hoping for but he liked the insight he gained on the trips and does Sally every now and again.

I have thought about doing acid again but he's heard two sides to acid compared to salvia. The first being Salvia is a totally different experiance and it takes hold of you like acid can not. The other being it's signifcantly less effective than acid.

If anyone could clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated. Also the pulling feeling. Swim probably would not want to do it if he had to experiance the pulling feeling for 2-4 hours.

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Salvia vs. LSD

Salvia is NOTHING like LSD. Totally different animals.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  12. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

It's only his almighty logic which we can't fathom.

Read some experiences on both and you should have a much clearer picture on Salvia compared to LSD, which is like comparing chili peppers to bubblegum.

13. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.

I would take LSD over salvia any day.

14. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Just wanted to clarify. LSD is more potent than salvinorin-a, like 20 times as much. However salvia's dissociative effect can indeed take hold of someone very hard.

So far the LSD trip reports I have heard just involved people still in reality however seeing (and thinking) a lot of things. Salvia, when having a full trip...completely takes You out of this world.

That's just from what I have heard about LSD though, he can advocate salvia however.

15. dutch-marshal

dutch-marshal Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from afghanistan

SWIm has a qeustion for u guys

You can also buy salvia extractions like 5x 10x and I have even seen 20x extractions...
    wouldn't that be closer to lsd then? as in potentie?
    because I have used salvia x10 before and it really is mind blowing :p

16. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:

As was said, no type of salvia will be anything like lsd.

17. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

The question posed had nothing to do with "mind-blowing" effects. It was regarding the variety of effects.

18. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Do swiy's research......LSD will last roughly 12 hours.....not 2-4 .

19. Butmunch

Butmunch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

This is the reason I don't want to try lsd. I feel he is not ready for a 12 hour trip. It just seems like overkill, eventhough Swim will probably try it this month after finals.

20. uno

uno Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from italy

ok lsd lasts long, but a not big dose lasts less than 12 hours... the main effect of "half tab" (you can't really know how much lsd is in it, so it's a indicative dose) for swim lasted like 5-6 hours... if you're lucky maybe 8 hours...