Is coke as bad for your heart as Adderall

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by EasyB, Sep 24, 2005.

1. EasyB

EasyB Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Im guesting there all equally as bad. That is if you do different doses to
    get to the same effect.

But it is interesting, why is exercising with a heart rate of 180 considered
    good exercise, while these drugs are considered very bad for you heart.
    But if you exercised regularly and were in shape, why would you not be
    able to tolerate it better than a lazy man?

My dad died at 54 from a heart attack, he used powder coke occasionally.
    Im not sure if he was using when he died, but did have hight blood
    pressure.

I use adderall for AHAD, yea I like buzz, some pills and some coffee get
    me moving in the right direction.I just wondering if I am taking years
    off of my live.

2. Boyv

Boyv Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    -edit: I thought we were talking about speed-

For Aderall:

Everything you use too much is bad for you. Aderall can cause some sort of mental addiction when you really have ADHD. I don't know what will happen in your case. I do know that ADHD is a problem which is also caused by an imbalance or error in your dopamine regulation, so I guess the drug also affects your dopamine regulation. If you mess too much with your neurotransmitter systems (especially with serotonine and dopamine), you can 'damage' that system pretty well and it will take some time to recover.

This really isn't my territory, but I already posted, so I'd try to make the best of it [​IMG]Edited by: Boyv

3. Patrick131

Patrick131 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Those are some interesting questions EasyB. From what I understand, coke and meth and adderall all have a vasoconstricting effect on the respitory/circulatory system.. so even though they speed up your heart rateand blood flow, your veins and arteries and vessles are constricted.

I know when a stroke occurs with a cocaine user, it is usually due to an area of a thin arterial wall that ruptures or bursts (what a stroke is)in the brain.It usually happens at the weakest point in the brain tissue- where the artery orvessleis already spread thin. When everything constricts in your body, your heart thinks that it needs to beat faster to supply blood to all of the body and, in essence, it doesneed to beat faster.

Meth and cokealso send faulty messages to the brain dictating how the heart needs to beat. These messages are always wrong and that is why the heart beats the way that it does when under the influence of these drugs. When you exercise, the heart is not being lied to by a coke-induced brain.