Injecting - Is distilled water pure enough to inject with heroin?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by slamthesnow, Dec 20, 2004.

1. slamthesnow

slamthesnow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    is distilled water not sterile enough ?
    should it be boiled once again after its purchesed ?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I make my own distilled water with a table top distiller and have never had any problems with it. I boil it again when it is mixed with the powder in the spoon just to disslove the powder but I think it is about as pure as you will get it after it has been distilled.

It is worth doing if you saw the crap that it left behind in the distiller you would never shoot tap water again! A sort of brown sludge.

3. slamthesnow

slamthesnow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so, the distilled water that i buy from the store should be fine right ? (couz its not even supposed to have minerals and such)
    and here is a side question;
    after you boil your stuff do you guys let it cool for a second ?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    The stuff from the store should be fine, I cannot buy distilled water in the Uk which is why I make it myself. I would have thought that the stuff you can buy in the US will be the same or better.

Letting it cool first - depends on what you are injecting with pills I let it cool so that if there is any binders and wax in the solution it is less likely to come through the filter.

5. Triple7

Triple7 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    Pherhaps you can get distilled water for contact lenses?? Aren't they kept in 100% distilled water??

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    There is a difference between distilled water for consumption and for cleaning and ironing, etc. You need distilled water for consumption. It should be easely available from the pharmacist or other stores.

7. magicmaster141

magicmaster141 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How safe is bottled water compared to disstilled? Seems like it would be pretty clean to me maybe boil it 1st to be safe? I've always used bottled water and never had a prob but I'm wondering how safe it is.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Bottled water still contains minerals and other tiny particles and debris that are no visible to the human eye. Normal kitchen water filters are not good enough in removing these - why take the risk when distilled water is safer and easy to make / buy?

If you get a chance to see what is left behind in the distiller after the water has been evaporated off you would never inject anything but distilled water again.

9. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Even distilled water is pretty dangerous, I would never go mainline with anything other than sterile saline. Here in Canada, you can get single use 10mL normal saline (0.9% isotonic solution w/o preservatives) for like $0.50 a pop. Ask around with the pharmacists, just say it's to keep in your first aid kit for eye flushing or something. If possible, get injection USP rated, not irrigation. If you really can't find it, and want sterile solution for shooting, I can get both the single use amps and 1 litre bags of isotonic saline for IV use (I'm a medic) so contact me. I'd gladly send some, as it makes my skin friggin crawl to think of shooting with anything but sterile saline...

10. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Cool your solution before you inject it

You should definately let it cool before injecting, a warm solution will make your blood coagulate, which could cause a blockage in the needle....and if you miss, the congealed blood will likely make it impossible to inject, even with a new pic. Sometimes you can add more water to thin out the solution, but the amount of water often needed could mean you have to do 5 blasts to get it in ya (depending on how many mls your syringe is). So 5 different injection sites OR unnecessary damage by over using the same vein, and either way, you wont get the rush if you can't put it all in one hit. Anxiety even trying to do this will mess up your night anyway.

Moral of the story, take the necessary steps to get it right the first time.

11. uncle bob

uncle bob Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Excuse me for butting in, but I has shot dope (all kinds) off and on for the last 30 years and if you are shooting street dope, contaminates in the water should be the least of your concerns. I know a little about the heroin processing plants in Culiacan, Mexico and .... well, don't worry about the water it's cleaner than the dope.