Cooking - is eating marijuana a good idea?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by leafySeaDragon, Aug 2, 2006.

1. leafySeaDragon

leafySeaDragon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    SWIM usually smokes it, every single time.

Then my friend, who was curious about marijuana but a little nervous to try, said "hey, let's make those weed brownies because I am too scared of inhaling it".

(I thought it was a weird statement, too.)

SWIM's a little too lazy to cook brownies for her friend (who completely refuses to just smoke it!!)..

The question is, could a person just eat the marijuana as is?

And if so, is there even an effect on the body? Are there bad negative effects? What is the proper amount for consumption?

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have had several very intense experiences with hash through direct ingestion, and he could probably help You with that if he had hash.

If You has weed then I don't know. I don't think it would really work as THC is fat soluble (he still isn't sure how the hash worked the few times he did it without any preparation at all!). Swim thinks that maybe a tea would work well for You as it doesnt take too much effort to make. (It would have to be mostly milk he is guessing)

You could use the below recipe to produce a mixer to put in with tea or coffee.

Or just try this one.

Props to HandyMan81 for this thread ---> https://drugs-forum.com/threads/16017

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  3. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    The question is,
    1)could a person just eat the marijuana as is?
    And if so,
    2)is there even an effect on the body?
    3)Are there bad negative effects?
    4)What is the proper amount for consumption?
    -------------

Well for 1 direct consumption of marijuana would not work! It would b burned by the acids in your stomach and the thc never released into the blood just passed threw your anus i guess lol! You need 2 take the thc out of the weed n put it into a fat! Then you can eat the fat and get baked! Theirs many recipes online just looking for cooking with cannabis should be fairly easy! All u do is add Mj with like nutella n crackers n then heat it a bit.. Dont burn the thc while cooking tho!

2)The high is more like the body highs u get when u smoke! It is sometimes seen as intense by smokers! Its a gradual come up and may not notice it atfirst!

3)Their isnt much of a bad effect aside from the usual consumption of thc!

4) I say u make her something with more marijuana then you would smoke... like average bowls! Wouldnt want her 2 b dissapointed n not do it again!

4. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    You deffinately needs more then you would smoke, to get high from eating bud you need at least a gram. It would deffinately be worth your friend doing it, and You aswell, don't under estimate it, eating weed is a mindbowing experience when compared to smoking it, in SWIM's experience,

5. leafySeaDragon

leafySeaDragon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I am open to it, then :) . I will look forward to trying it out and comparing the 2 highs. Thanks for the info about fat/water solubility... I would have wasted about 2 grams if it wasn't for you all, new friends!!!.

This said, I am HORRIBLE at cooking. She'll definitely try mixing it in with nutella and heating it a little.

Can yall link SWIM to the easiest recipe you know of?

6. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The cannabis milk recipe posted earlier is pretty damn easy. I don't know how much easier you can possibly get. You could just make that and then add some hershey's syrup to it, or put it in tea.

7. blaze808

blaze808 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    one time swim ate about 3 gs of weed,,, dumbest thing swim ever did,, I didnt have any time or opportunities to smoke and was desperate. I felt bad about wasting so much weed by eating it but was curious. I did get high, 2 hours later,, I said high was very slow coming on but peak lasted longer. swim wants to let others kno not to eat weed straight up,,, the waste is too much, not worht the high at all

8. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would like to add though that that holds true for weed but possibly not for hash.

He has eaten pieces of hash straight up before and they have fucked him up incredibly. The highest I has ever been was from eating a medium size piece of hash (probably a gram of hash) out of paranoia and damn did it mess him up. He was passing out and the room was spinning around him. His limbs were incredibly heavy. It was an intense body-heavy high.

Also good is eating hash laced with opium. Creates a nice synergistic effect, and is a pretty smooth ride.

9. leafySeaDragon

leafySeaDragon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    anything laced with opium makes me soooo sleepy.

SWIM made that tea - it was nice (it seems longer lasting and more noticeable than i thought it would be) , my friend didn't feel much of an effect til their next time trying it... but ya know, that happens a lot anyway

Thanks for the advice

10. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Nice, hope You enjoyed it. Could he post specifics if he derived from the recipe at all? Or possibly describe the effects in more detail.

Swim generally deals with hash so he wants to know how the cannatea worked out for swiy.

11. leafySeaDragon

leafySeaDragon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    SWIM followed this recipe (it was so easy):

4 cups of soy milk
    3g of bud (haha it was a lot)
    1 scoop of Cocoa

1)Pour all ingredients into a pot and start up teh stove
    2) Place on the stove, adjusting heat.. simmer it a lot
    3)Pour it through strainer into cups.

There wasn't an effect until 30min later. I started to feel the effects ... SWIM can only describe it as... a lot more intense than she had expected! It lasted for about an hour, too. It just felt different than smoking, not in a bad way, it was kinda cool.

SWIM and her friend spent that day drinking it, watching colorful infomercials and fingerpainting (it was too hot out to do anything else!) .

Very relaxing, but DEFINITELY noticeable. Really tasty with the cocoa. I will do this again for sure!

12. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim actually likes eating it better than smoking it

13. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, also, cannabutter isn't terribly hard to make (usually this is made for the brownies) and can be used in any recipe calling for butter or oil (if oil then just keep the butter melted). I have made cannabutter several times, but only achieved full-effects twice. It's somewhat difficult to determine how much to put in and swim gets stingy when putting it in food/drink and usually skimps out on a small amount only to find herself stuffing her face with low-quality brownies all night with no effect. However, when done properly the high is pretty awesome and lasts quite a long time. So, I say goes for it. Also, if You is willing to wait then you could also do "green dragon" which simply involves soaking marijuana in something with a high alcohol content such as everclear (vodka works as well so I hear, but I would think it would need to be soaked longer). The only downside is that it needs to be soaked for about two weeks so bhang would be much, much faster.

14. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    When I used to grow he had plenty to experiment. He put in about 1/4oz (dried and finely crumbled) to a brownie cake mix then when they were cooked he passed the 12 slices to him and his friends as it was 1 guys birthday. All went to the pub and after 1 hour things got very strange indeed. I remember playing pinball for what seemed so long he was begging random people to drag him from the table. Needless to say everyone was behaving very freakily ;)
    Eating weed is great fun, only thing is its hard to control it once its ingested which is why most people smoke it I gues...heheh.

15. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I remember back in the day when he was a serious lightweight crumbling up an oz with a friend and chewing all the storks as they appeared. SWIM also seems to remember bieng not very sober afterwards though I had smoked nothing nor been around others smoking on that day. I believe that tome THC must have entered his system via his mouth or through his fingars (which he found he was regularly licking) now knowing more about drugs I would suggest he utilised the quidding method (tribe peoples use this method with salvia).
    On the other hand it could have been just placebo and I do not know wether Quidding is actually effective with MJ (it was some years ago so I cannot be objective about wether he had fooled himself into placebo or had felt real effects)