is hash oil worth it?

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by IHrtHalucingens, Oct 28, 2005.

1. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    is extracting the thc from bud in the form of hash honey oil worth it? If it extracts the thc out of the pot its still the same amount of thc in the end. Is the point just to have a more concentrated form? or does smoking the oil enhance it somehow? Example: If we extract the oil from an eigth and smoke it, is it better than just smokingthe eigth in one sitting through a bong?

2. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Just thought more about it what i want to say is After ther process is over is the oil going to be a batter choice than just smoking the bud you started with?

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    oil is much more concentrated, so worth it. however, most people use trim from oil, and just smoke the buds.

4. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    how much oil per gram does this procedure yeild? like a few drops or a significant amount?

5. the blue letter

the blue letter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Not exactally sure but I know that oil is sweat from hash and I know
    that 100 pound of MJ produce traditionally 1 pound of premium gold
    lebonise hash and I know the THC content between hash and hash oil goes
    up 4 to 6 fold to thats probobly 4 to 6 times less material so about 4
    ounces or so per pound. So if you just have a few buds probobly
    not worth the effort

6. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    smoke the buds mate, oil is a pain in the ass to handle. and its alot harsher to smoke. If your gonna make hash use the ice water method.

7. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i would say smoke the buds, oil is best made from trimmings or some crappy weed as stated above, plus the bud has all those other cannabinoids in em that also get you high.

8. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

Oil is made from Isopropyl or butane extraction. Most weed these days is between 10 - 20%thc so youd be hard pressed to only get a 1% return.

9. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Honey oil is nice, haven't had any for a really long time. I don't think it is made for "export" any more (or I would get some)

10. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    SWIM just made a batch of honey oil using butane from 2oz of reasonable bush bud. I got hands on a bit, very nice. a couple of drips from a needle is all you need. Highly recommended, even with leaf and trims you can get nice results.

11. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

ive heard that term "bush bud" thrown around up here in the cleveland area a lot (im new so im not sure about all the lingo). the stuff ive been shown of this "bush" is like low range almost schwag for really cheap (stuff we called "regs" in the south).Would you saythis the stuff you used to make ur honey oil from cuz if so i'd definatly give this extraction method a go...

12. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Bush is the term in Australia (at least where i have lived)forgrown outside in dirt, not leaves etc... but the actual buds. it'snothing really special.Pretty much as you have mentioned Herbal Remedy. The only weed that people bother to sell here is hydroponic.

my was not seeded so it had some reasonable THC content. I guess it would be what you have mentioned. You can get some pretty potent product from the worst weed you can find.

I found it was good to cure it for a month or two as it dries it out and crystallises the chems abit more, meaning it will extract alot easier

13. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    you guys need to try the ice water method, trust meyou'll never look back.

14. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I have never tried the ice water method, but from what i have read it's seems like alot of work andthe equipment has to be purchased. You may know of a good way to do this method so some elaboration would be nice cactus.

Butane extraction is simple as and you get a nice product. Just blend up your weed very finely, put it in a 1.25Lplastic drink bottle, a bit of cloth or tissue or whateveron the bottom (inside the bottle)with some holes at the bottom of the bottle, put the butane can in the top of the bottle and collect what drips out, thats it!

15. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    get4 cheap buckets that fit into each other and cut the bottom off 3 of them

on the first bucket cover the bottom with fly screen and use water proof tape to attach.

on the second you use a fine mesh, or if you can use an old shirt or something made from satin/silk.

the third screen you need something like a silk screen mesh, the ultimate would be to track down 25, 45 +73 micron so you could enjoy different grades of hash (25 is a real energetic buzz, 73 blows you away and 45 is somewhere in the middle)

Put normal uncut bucket on the ground, put other three buckets in this one, fine mesh first, then satin then fly screen ontop. put a bag of ice in the top bucket and fill 3/4 full with cold water and your weed, shade leaf works just fine. swim mixes it for 5 minutes with an electric drill and paintmixing attachmentthen lets it settle for another 15-20 before pulling the buckets out 1 by 1 and collecting the goods.

1. 4/5,
      Amazing idea, please write about this technique in more detail. The idea deserves it's own thread.
      Mar 18, 2013
  16. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Hash Oil is just another Toy. Some people really like it.

There are several non-Bud forms of Pot. Brownies are one way. Some people eat cooked Pot exclusively: Brownies today, Chocolate chip cookies tomorrow, and Pasta sauce on Tuesdays. For whatever reason, that is their preferred method.

Others (including at least one Forum member) only like to smoke Hashish. That is the only way to go for them.

Still others like to boil Hash Oil. I, myself, enjoy a little Hash Oil from time-to-time.

Is Hash Oil worth it? If you like it, then it's worth it. If you want to use it once a month, then it's still worth it (a special treat).

17. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    In general what is the difference between a normal potency bud high and a hash high? Are there any other advantages different from those that you have to smoke less when using hash.

18. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Hash Oil tastes different . . . it feels different.

One thing about boiling Hash Oil is the smell. It smells smooth. It's a pure THC blast. It feels cool going down. If I get a good Hit of Hash Oil, it leaves a quiet taste in my mouth and throat.

Next, when I breathe in pure THC, it gives me a cleaner High. One breath and I have sucked in the equivalent of several regular Hits. Then, with so much THC being absorbed all at once by my lungs, I can soar with the eagles. It affects me differently than smoking; the High is better; the peak comes quicker; it is more positive on my psyche.

Mylungs love being overwhelmed with THC. Regular smoke can be 10% THC . . . Hash Oil "smoke" can be 90% THC ... what a difference in density. (This is one reason I love to Vaporize: Breath in pure THC vapors, Mmm.)

And, there is no "smoke" to inhale. This makes it easy to Hit it HARD, and still not cough. It's just good-old High-test marijuana. Try it once. What've you got to lose? (Your Hash Oil virginity.)

Tags: