is it good exercise?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by dnb warrior, Jun 19, 2006.

1. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I am young and relatively healthy, but he sometimes worries that he is not getting enough ecercise. in fact thinking about it, the only exercise he gets on a regular basis is a 5 or 6 hour stomp to some psytrance or dnb music every couple of weeks, usually while under the influence of xtc.

i was wondering, although I am pretty exhausted after jumping around for this long, does it really count as exercise if you are on drugs (more specifically mdma)?

2. Equality

Equality

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o
    This is funny, I used to do the same thing and also wondered if it counted as an exercise :D

But i dont think it does count because if it wasnt for the drugs You wouldn't last for 1 hour at the same tempo, at least I did not :)

Now I go to the gym for some fitness every week 2 times and that really increases your stamina.

3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I am exhausted after dancing all night at a rave. Many exercise vidoes recommend various types of dance moves so surely dancing at a rave is pretty good exercise. Just remember to stay hydrated, and dont use this as your only type of exercise. Get out more and stay healthy so you can enjoy the benefits of all night parties. =) dance on

4. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I would think that it counts as exercise. Drugs or no drugs you muscles are still being worked the same, and your heart is being worked even more so than without drugs. This seems like it would help with cardiovascular fitness and stamina. The only thing that makes this not such an effective regimen, is the only every couple or weeks or so thing. Thats why you should pick up another source of exercise, 2-3 times a week at least 30 mins per work out of some sort of exercise should make you feel better, and youll notice the difference.

5. Myzrael

Myzrael Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't think it's good exercise.

It's too long and too hard. When your body is not used to exercise , putting it under a lot of stress does not really help.
    Biggest problem , your food and water intake just plain sucks when you party. And the only reason exercise makes you better is because of the fact that after you take a brake (sleep) your body restores itself. But if you put too much strain on your body it will not recover fully. Especially not when you don't get enough sleep and food. That's on of the main principles of exercising.
    Also 1 times a week wouldn't be enough.

6. radagast

radagast Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I has never been as fit as when he used to go out regular,and these days he takes care of his body!
    his advice to you would be to find a good tuesday or thursday club or maybe both!

7. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Imo, if you're already doing a moderate / reasonable of other exercise, there's nothing better than dancing for 6 hours :)

8. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    All exercise is good, in that any exercise is preferable to sedentism. Some exercise is better than other exercise for specific goals, but unless an activity has excessive risks - which dancing does not - it is never bad.

Dancing uses the whole body in an unpredictable, chaotically varied, intense way, which is far better than the useless crap people use to stay fit, like jogging.

9. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    And it's far more fun!. Even if You does it badly;)