1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - Is it possible to bang Heroin once without going back for more?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by QueenMaud, Mar 8, 2009.

1. QueenMaud

QueenMaud Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    I've not tried skag yet and i thought before i do, i'd do some research and read other peoples experiences etc.

A lot of opinons i've read say that it takes a really strong person to not get addicted after the first time ever taking H, mainlining it.

I just wondered if there was anyone here who took it once and didnt go back for more, people who didnt become chippers.

Thanks! :)

2. madfan

madfan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from London
    Its possible to fix heroin & then say "no more",BUT in Swims opinion,its not very probable.
    Swims been around for a very long time & can only recall knowing ONE person who could fix just now & then.Swims sure there are others,but in the almost 4 decades since she first fixed,shes not met any of them.
    Swim strongly recomends that swiy decides against trying heroin by any route.
    Obviously whether one fixes it,eats it,snorts it,smokes it,or shoves it up ones arse,the end result is almost always the same - addiction.
    But(& this goes for any drug that can be fixed)the potential for addiction is so much greater when any swiy chooses the injection route.

3. Rightnow289

Rightnow289 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    SWIM don't think it is possible to shoot and not become at least partially addicted

4. Hapworth

Hapworth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    It's very possible. The problem is that, well, if SWIM or SWIY is thinking about mainlining a drug, SWIM or SWIY is probably already prone to addiction or has already had addiction problems in the past. Right now, SWIM is without H and must wait a few days to get some more. SWIM is using tramadol and kratom to avoid withdrawal. SWIM could taper down using tramadol and kratom and kick the opiates to the curb (he's done this several times), but the psychological dependency keeps pulling him back. In other words, the ol' "use once and you're hooked" line is something of a myth, at least in terms of physical dependence. H becomes a crutch, and it becomes much harder to let go of that crutch because it makes life, seemingly, more bearable. But the crutch can indeed be kicked away.

5. rhudson

rhudson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    It is indeed very possible. In fact, many people do not like heroin the first time they try it, which is another reason NOT TO BOTHER. In SWIMs case it took a few tries before he "liked" the drug but pretty soon he loved it. And then it took over his life. So SWIM would advise you not to try heroin at all, because either probably you'll love it, in which case you may become addicted soon, or it will be a very unpleasant experience (intense nausea, etc).

If you do choose to try heroin for the first time, SWIM would say there is no real reason for mainlining it. People generally mainline when they develop a high tolerance and other routes of administration cost too much money. As you have no tolerance, smoking would probably be just a good. In fact, when one smokes the drug actually hits you faster. It is also much safer as it is very difficult to overdose smoking. But beware because it is just as addictive.

6. bloot

bloot Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    SWIM never had a problem doing it every once and a while.. Basically the way that he worked was that he would only buy enough for it to last him just that night.. Like getting high once or twice so that there was nothing saved for the next day for him to do. So basically to get a high he would have to call his dude and wait around for his bullshit just to get a high.. Going at the approach like this really worked for SWIM.. Maybe it would work for SWIY.

7. QueenMaud

QueenMaud Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    So is SWIM wanted to try it just once, it's probably best to chase the dragon rather than banging it?

Is the rush as intense?

8. rhudson

rhudson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Nothing is as intense as an IV injection if you use enough, but doing that for the first time is IMHO pretty stupid as you run the risk of overdose, etc. The rush from smoking should be adequate.

9. QueenMaud

QueenMaud Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    Hiya,

No i have had no addictions in the past (except to chocolate ;)) and i wouldnt say i have an addictive personality but then thats hard to judge when i've not had to get over an addiction before or anything.

I thought if i was going to do it only once i wanted to get the most out of the drug, and from what i've read, i assumed mainlining it was the best rush.

10. Whitelacestrange

Whitelacestrange Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    i must say, the first time i took dope a snorted it, but it was too boring so i eventually mainlined it.

i use it every now and then but i have yet to experience heavy addiction or withdrawal of any kind. i use maybe once a week, i have friends that use much more and if were not for those so called friends i probrobly would have only shot it once.

from experience i beleive it is a total myth that shooting it immiediatly makes you an addict, though the hard part is keeping your friends from doing it, because they are the ones that pressure you into keep doing it. if you are planning on shooting it, take my advice and only do so if you know for sure you will not use it again, this means be sure you arn't hanging around a bunch of dope fiends who shoot up in front of you all day long and thus make you want to re-experience it.

i havnt done it in a while, i don't think i need to ever do it again, though it's much easier to quit than a coke or crack addiction unless your a heavy user, imo.

11. mickey_bee

mickey_bee Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    There are loads of threads on this topic, so i'd advise doin a search aswell for more reponses.

If you do find yourself doing it, I would definetly not recommend IVing it first. Smoking it if you've got no tolerance will be satisfaction enough, trust me. Shooting without a tolerance really is dangerous as you need so little heroin, and with the massive variations in purity it's very difficult to say how much would be safe.

EDIT: Food for thought: When I'd just turned 19 I would have probably typed exactly the same response as Whitelacestrange. Now, just two years later, I feel like a fool for treating it so flippantly. It is very true that your situation and the people you hang around with have a big impact on your chances of becoming too involved with heroin however.

12. chillinwill

chillinwill

Reputation Points:
    Male
    IF SWIY decides to do it, SWIY is better off smoking or snorting it than shooting up. Other than running the risk of overdose, the addiction potential skyrockets with injection not to mention that SWIY is opiate naive and will only need small quantities even if smoked or snorted. The quantity needed to get high from shooting up is even smaller than those needed to snort or smoke. Red Rock knows about addiction to IV heroin and he isn't going to try to discourage anybody from doing it, but rather try to provide harm reduction methods since anybody reading this thread will probably not listen to an answer of "don't do it".

As for the friends aspect of it, if one becomes addicted to heroin, they easily will make new friends with the heroin users in order to find cheaper and better product as well as better connects. Red Rock isn't saying this will happen but just based on experience, this has been his story and many others.

If someone goes ahead and wants to shoot up, then please by all means, read up on all the techniques for safety injecting a substance as well as making sure SWIY uses clean needles and a very, very small amount of heroin. Make sure SWIY knows how to hit a vein so that if they really are going to use IV heroin once, they won't feel like they need to use again because they didn't feel the rush.

13. rhudson

rhudson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Smoking will be plenty good for the first time.

14. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Yeah, SWIM has IVed heroin only a handful of times during his heaviest abuse. It is possible, but it is completely dependent on the person, their biochemistry, etc..
    As of now, SWIM only does H every now and then (maybe twice a month), and only snorts it.. but when he was at his worst he did only shoot it a few times, every now and then, with no problems.

Not recommended, but possible..

15. xxdan123xx

xxdan123xx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o Male
    Well this is SWIMs first post but feel like this is an important topic to swim. Like SWIY, Swim thought he was immume to addiction. SWIM started off sniffing and only did that very rarley. But swim has to admit that since the first shot swim has become a full blown junkie,Of coarse he wasn't physically addicted from the first time but swim really believes that he has been mentally addicted. And the time between that first shot and getting addicted was basically not more than a few weeks. Its become swims whole live spending thousands and losing everything but nothing can stop him. The sickness is too much for him. Now if swim were to quit he would face unbeleavable withdrawls as its been a solid six months of using at least 2bags and at most a bunny everyday. Swim didn't believe he had an addictive personality before this as he had tried everything and not gottin addicted but for some people the pull of the needle no pun intended is just to much to resist. I really hope that swiy doesn't even try it and if so then just sniff. Itll get swiy high enough. Yea its more of a rush to bang it but that rush is a hard thing to forget about. What someSWIM said before if your friends are addicts than that makes it so much more likley that swiy will be to. best of luck and be careful

xxdan123xx added 6 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

oh swim see sniffing may not be an option for someswiys and smoking is the atlernative in most areas. Sorry if anything was wrong or repeditive or misspelled as this was swims first post. He has come here many times and finally got the courage to post. Hope you can resist the pull of the dark brown devil

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  16. rhudson

rhudson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Hey man welcome ot the board. I'm sorry to hear your story re. getting addicted. SWIM has been there. If you want advice on treatment or quitting ask the board or me personally.

17. Sushi

Sushi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o Male from Łódź
    Alf injected morphine thrice, drank it once. Smoked heroin a few times (4 or 5). Did not get addicted. BUT he read about addiction to opiates and knew a person heavily addicted to heroin before ever trying it swimself - it was *really* educative to see what it looks like. And it looks pretty BAD. If there were morphine or heroin around or if he would hang around with regular users, he would probably use it more often. And this is very tricky path. Know SWIYself. If SWIY is able to control SWIYself or break up with using buddies when it is necessary, then yes, it is possible not to get hooked. Otherwise, stay away or wait for some other occasion to try it. And don't think SWIY is immune to addiction. All people are prone to it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  18. Benniboi

Benniboi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male from U.K.
    yes it is possible to shoot heroin once without getting addicted, although without the right respect for ones opiate tolerence, unsanitary equipment/rigs and a sitter (friend who will watch you and be able to act accordingly if anything goes wrong) I would not recommend this practice. If you can arrange all of the above and you have made up your mind about it, then go for it, although be careful!!!!

19. Insangen

Insangen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Hey Dude, you wanna play Superman? Then fly on over 'cos that's how the H makes you feel! FUCKING INVINCIBLE! Problem is though, once you have done it once, it is SOOOOO damn hard to never do it again let alone again in the next week/month or so! I started using when I was 28, by 28 and 3 weeks, I was fully fucked up on this shit! LEAVE IT ALONE! You WILL be sorry if you don't! You may try it thinking "yeah, ok, that's cool! I won't do it again..." but then one day you get bored or you're unhappy for whatever reason and you think " Hmmm, I know what I will do! I'll go and get on!"

Seriously though dude/dudette, it's BECAUSE this stuff makes everything instantly perfect in life for the first few times, (and believe me, you can NEVER get that feeling of the first time back again! That's DEFINITELY a one-off!), after those first few times, you start to feel the 'pain' of not having it around. And I don't mean pain as in physical pain either, (that comes later...) It fixes everything in your life that could be going wrong, so you use it everytime something does go wrong.
    STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM IT!!!
    Sorry to sound like your dad, but shit, if you DO try it and then come back here in a year's time and read this, you will think "Fuck! I shoulda listened to that dude..."
    I DO know what I am talking about. If you really wanna know, go to your local rehab and ask some of the junkies there for advice!

20. Sushi

Sushi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o Male from Łódź
    ^^^ Very true. Alf has never been able to reproduce the incredible high he experienced after injecting morphine for a first time. There are much better and safer drugs anyway. That "fire" is really not worth playing with.