1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Injecting - Is it possible to safely inject kratom?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by William_Again, Apr 11, 2005.

1. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is it at all possible to inject kratom or some sort of a high concentrated kratom extract?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
  2. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have never heard or read anything about injecting kratom. It is probably not a wise decision. Although I have heard that injecting drugs, when fresh needles are used, is the cleanest way to do any injectable drug. Needles give my pet hamster the heebeejeebees.

3. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree. My pet has a needle phobia but they thought it might be something to look into or at least learn about.

4. Mainio

Mainio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No offense but why the hell would anyone want to inject kratom. That would be such an idiotic western world thing to do. I think kratom has been used a certain way for many many years and that is the way it should stay.

5. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This is why thigs get made illegal. That said, the active alkoloids in kratom would have to be isolated and extracted from the plant matter. It is still not understood as to what alkoloids do what, so I think it will be along time before anyone creates any sort of extraction which can be injected. Some alkoloids have been isolated in the passed, but they were never used for injection.

6. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yes, in fact there is a supplier presently who for around xxx bucks will give you the entire alkaloid content of one ounce of premium kratom..however this is expensive, but the alkaloid is pure and fully injectable. a friend did it to good effect.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2008
  7. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I would advice one not to inject kratom unless they have some pure alkaloid cristals extract

8. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yes this is what my friends friend is talking about. =P 95+ % purity is what one would need.

9. Handle

Handle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from new_zealand
    Re: Kratom injectable?

Hey, Allyourbase, again some questions. It's a good thing that people talk about this, because there are people out there who are going to try it anyway, and could hurt themselves if they don't use the right stuff. Of course it is understood that suppliers can't be discussed, but has anyone heard the rumour that 'pure crystals' of kratom alkaloids can't be obtained in solid form? SWIM ain't makin' this up, but why would people say that? And surely it can't be that hard to just do like a base, ether, separate, acid routine a few times until you got pretty good alkaloids. Anyone hear of this? Why is it that all the extracts out there on the internet are all black or brown, even the so called 'lyophilised' versions. Are they all just basically filtered boil-downs?
    Finally, people should remember, that every day there are sick individuals out there shooting up heroin, [that would be far less pure than a sincere effort with trying to really purify kratom kratom], and dealers don't care what they put in it, even icing sugar! Even baking soda. Any crap that passes for white powder, you can find in the shit heroin they've got out on the street. The final question is, if all the solid extracts [eg, powder, granules, resin cakes/pies] of kratom look terribly discoloured and impure, but nearly all the liquid versions are clear, why is it that more sellers don't offer the clean stuff that they must be putting in their liquid extracts? Why don't they offer clean, clear and DRY crystals? Surely it can't be because it will seem to look too much like street drugs, because look how many now sell the piperidine pills, they're straight up chemical pills, so why not offer kratom in a better form than just boiled residue!?

10. fnord

fnord Newbie

Reputation Points:

@all your base: How did this method effect the duration time/peak. Please give times for both iff possible. :) thanks

11. Durd1e

Durd1e Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

One definitely should not inject any extract that still has plant matter in it - that would end badly. Maybe if one had pure mitrangyne but even then one runs the risk of infection, collapsed veins etc.

12. Handle

Handle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from new_zealand

Well,, I'm just saying, look at how many people shoot vile mexican tar, there is no outcry, but I have seen extracts that look pretty clean, how would that be any worse than some of the cut down crap that passes for heroin, and people inject that every day.....I'm not saying any of it is good, but I think people are being a bit too precious, someone's going to come back one day with a swimpersonal trip report on doing this thing, yes, infection's always an issue, but it always is. Bite the bullet people; the basic, commonsense concerns apply to any drugs considered for injection. Discussion must shift to the nitty gritty, which is this [in my opinion] even under the ideal clinical conditions, are the kratom alkaloids PHARMACOLOGICALLY ever safe to inject. That should be the real question. Hygeine and not having plant matter or any number of contaminants in a hit is really, I mean really basic stuff, if people don't know that I wouldn't trust them with chamomile tea.

I think we have to get over the perennial worries of IV drug use, and start asking better questions. Could the alkaloids cause anaphylactic shock for instance?
    Could they depress breathing when injected in a way they don't do when taken any other way?

If people can't figure out that dirty, gritty lumpy stuff with leaf bits does not belong in their veins, they can't be helped.
    All the same safeguards should apply to this as to other drugs.

The questions we should be asking should not be about clean or dirty, pure or impure, it has to start with the assumption that nobody is masochistic enough to try it with any substandard material, and then get to the real questions, specific to kratom alkaloids, and what effect they have when injected.

That should determine the answer about whether or not it could ever be worth the obvious risks.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  13. akasha2012

akasha2012 Newbie

Reputation Points:

My friend's cat told me the following when I was meditating... I was just about to leave my body and I heard the cat meowing.... and they meows started to turn into actual words that said, " I have to agree with handle... when i first started doing kratom i was tempted to inject, but I was worried about cleanliness. I know a site where you can get relatively pure alkaloidal content about 88%. You can get a gram for about a $xxx... The only way that you would be able to administer this stuff effectively would be IV which leads me to think that it is possible and that people are doing it... I bought 500 mg worth, and tried to make tea with it... and I tried to snort it but it didn't do anything... injection would be the only effective method for pure alkaloids..." And then I gave my friend's cat whose name is Sasha some catnip and she started to calm down after that...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2008
  14. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

about a year ago, I recall reading about someone who tried one of these extracts in the manner you questioned. according to my memory & this unknown guy's post, the aformentioned substances were definitely active, potent & no report of anaphylaxis either.
    -DICK

15. kr8tom

kr8tom Silver Member

Reputation Points:

There needs to be a warning here or else some stupid kid is going to try and inject kratom from a shady Internet source and kill themselves. So to anyone reading this, please don't try to inject kratom just because one or two people on a forum have done it or think it's ok. If you inject the wrong stuff (which you probably will) and kill yourself then we all will be the ones who are punished for your stupid actions. So do not be an idiot and inject kratom!!!

16. Panthers007

Panthers007 Newbie

Reputation Points:

I fully agree with the ^^^ above. Don't be the first idiot. Wait until it becomes a standardized material in medicine before anyone grabs a hypodermic and plays "pin the tail on the jackass."

Better to be alive to read about, than be the source of, the newspaper article.

17. sirdrugalot

sirdrugalot Newbie

Reputation Points:

swim imagines it would be like shooting hash oil, cant see it mixing to well with your blood!!!

18. Handle

Handle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from new_zealand

Yeah, but we are just hypothetically talking about pure crystalline alkaloids, not resins.

19. sirdrugalot

sirdrugalot Newbie

Reputation Points:

swim supposes if you have access to them and can be sure they are in fact the real thing. theres a lot of fake shit floating about on the net and it also seems a waste of money if its so expensive and a waste of good vain.
    its bad enough putting something through liver your not 100% sure about let alone straight into your blood stream.
    perhaps if you had extracted it your self but I would not trust half these rip off artists on the net.

20. chilling

chilling Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

prob would have to get a good extract and who knows if You would even get the desired effects from shooting it.