Smoking - Is it possible to smoke kratom extract?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by sands of time, Jan 22, 2005.

1. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just made an extract of 30 grams of kratom and the total material came out to be 1 teaspoon of resin. If this was to be dried out completely, would it be smokable? SWIM figured that the best way to smoke this would be to heat up a metal rod and poke the resin while in a bowl. Another way would be to smear the resin on some weed or tobacco. The resin probably would melt if I were to smoke it normally.Edited by: sands of time

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  2. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I tried smoking it.

They got a tiny buzz and then decided to make a tea because it wasnt smoking very well. And they had a weak extract.

3. msimm

msimm Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.S.A.
    In case one wants to try smoking it: the way one smokes wet tarry resins
    is pretty simple (its how we smoked hash oil). One needs three things 1)
    the kind of charcoal to burn incense on, their like charcoal briquets,
    one can usually find them at head shops or new agey shops (usually
    around the incense) 2) a piece of metal wire like a paper clip or
    something similar 3) a big piece of tubing, a paper towel roll or
    toilet paper roll will do.

One simply dips the wire into the resin, place it against the (now
    red-hot) charcoal and suck it up through the roll. I used to get quite
    high smoking hash-oil like that and it made it seam kind of exotic.

Would probably work for the stickier Kratom resin as well.

4. joemomma

joemomma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Did it work? I am also interested in smoking kratom?

5. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I smoked resin a couple times and they don't think it really did anything. Once they get their premium super strength powdered kratom, they are gonna take a big rip of that on the water bong.

6. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    I smoked 1gram of 10x kratom extract and it gave them a mild euphoric feeling, but it was so mild it's hard to tell if it was just a placebo effect. Similar in strength to Wild lettuce extracts that I have smoked.

7. killersnowman

killersnowman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Kratom resin worth smoking?

just wondering if someone had around an ounce of raw kratom resin, would it be worth smoking? i know that mitragynine does not vaporize, but 7ho does.

any thoughts?

8. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Kratom resin worth smoking?

That's interesting information, would it be possible to provide a reference?

9. killersnowman

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.

ive seen it around the forum as well as on other websites. i beleive it is because mitragynine burns and decomposes at the temperatures usually associated with vaporizing a substance.

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=264253&postcount=13

10. killersnowman

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.

wel swim tried smoking and eating some... I smoked some in a hookah with little effect. swim also drank some tea with little effect. overall no effect was felt except for a slight lift of anxiety and a decrease in swims WDs. The reason for no effect felt could be because of swims rather large opiate habit. it was nice to not have WDs

11. Br00klynB0y87

Br00klynB0y87 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

How much resin was used in swiys trials, especially when he smoked it?

As far as dissolving it into tea, that should have worked (assuming swiys dosage was correct) just as well as if he had used plain leaf, only difference is the cost. However as you have made clear; if swiys has an opiate tolerance kratom isn't going to be overly pleasurable however it will for the most part provide significant relief / lessen withdrawals.

Is You trying to quit opiates? If so, my sexual midget :laugh: would say kratom in combination w/ marijuana should help some1 get overall the hill and past withdrawals.

Best of luck.

12. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

Would have thought that resin is not potent enough to smoke and get an effect without choking half to death....

13. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM's tried smoking a few different extracts. There is a subtle effect but not worth wasting the resin. Far better to dissolve and ingest orally. Also, the stuff is hard on the lungs. If someone were to attempt this, vaporizing works better than burning with direct flame.

14. killersnowman

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.

you know I would only be guessing if he tried to lay down a number for what he smoked. I dont have a scale and is not well versed in guestemating. but I would like to say that after his 'failure' the first round he tried again by dissolving resin in hot hot hot water. it took maybe 30 mins for all the resin to be dissolved. I used alot! maybe around .3 ounces of resin. he felt it. it was good. not quite like opiates. less enjoyable. it made him have a headache and very unsure of his movements. it seemed to dull his mind more so than opiates.

ps. I am not trying to quit, he was just imbetween stashes at the moment and thought to try kratom. thanks for the advice though!

15. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I find a couple of grams of resin to provide a nice but speedy kratom buzz. It is also shorter-lived (2hrs vs 4-6). Crush or slice up resin into smallest possible particles, steep in boiling water until all melted then chug. It does not taste nearly as bad as tea.

16. Jozef

Jozef Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.

My shaman tried this, said that it did work but the high was mild and the joint almost impossible to drag from...
    I believe the general consensus is that smoking kratom works but is much less efficient than oral ingestion.

17. DOHP

DOHP Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Rolling Kratom in a Joint?

I have 2 grams (of 20x strength) sticky black Kratom resin. Would it be possible to pinch off small pieces of resin and drop them into a skin with some tobbaco & weed, roll it up and smoke?

If so (this is the only method swim want to do because I will be taking a few tabs of acid and smoking joints all night + hates tea) would that amount of resin smoked with weed get 4 people to a noticable state where it is good.

Thanks.

18. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Rolling Kratom in a Joint?

hmmm,AFOAF says its not smokable and that you would have better luck just eating it somehow.

dont like tea? throw it in a shot glass with a little vodka for a bit itll all disovle and you can throw it all back at once.

but i wouldent bother,wont be much to feel with the acid in you.save it for a better day.